• 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
  • 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
  • 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 tablespoons real bacon bits

Directions

• In a large saucepan, combine the broth, potatoes, carrots and onion. Bring to a
  • boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are
  • tender.
  • Add the corn, milk, cheese, mushrooms and pepper. Cook and stir 4-6 minutes longer
  • or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 7 servings.

Mmmmm .... yummy .... I made this soup today but added more spice .. cayenne , hissop ( from Israel ) , tyme , parsle and paprica. oh and a bay leaf . Now I will be eating soup for a couple of days he he as it made a big pot.

Mmmmm .... yummy .... I made this soup today but added more spice .. cayenne , hissop ( from Israel ) , tyme , parsle and paprica. oh and a bay leaf . Now I will be eating soup for a couple of days he he as it made a big pot.

Now your talkin Sis. A bit of spice and of course ya GOTTA HAVE BACON! and a good tsp of Cayenne and Paprica. The rest sound in my expert culinary taste buds......A big A+:smiley20:
This sounds like it will be good with a cold/fever. I need to cook this right away tomorrow :)

Chili out.

Ingredients

• 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
  • 1 cup chopped carrots
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
  • 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
  • 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 tablespoons real bacon bits

Directions

• In a large saucepan, combine the broth, potatoes, carrots and onion. Bring to a
  • boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are
  • tender.
  • Add the corn, milk, cheese, mushrooms and pepper. Cook and stir 4-6 minutes longer
  • or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 7 servings.

Now, this is what I am talking about. I will be preparing this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Dusty for sharing this delicious recipe.

Godbe4me

Now your talkin Sis. A bit of spice and of course ya GOTTA HAVE BACON! and a good tsp of Cayenne and Paprica. The rest sound in my expert culinary taste buds......A big A+:smiley20:
This sounds like it will be good with a cold/fever. I need to cook this right away tomorrow :)

Chili out.

I did not put bacon on mine cause I did not have any but yup ... for sure bacon is good on anything .... he he .... Although I tend to try and use it sparingly ..... but we do have bacon now with less salt. and if you make it nice and crispy and blot out all the grease .... it can't be too bad for ya .... He he .

Now, this is what I am talking about. I will be preparing this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Dusty for sharing this delicious recipe.

Godbe4me

Hey , You're welcome and it is tested and approved by me so it has got to be ok ... Actually I love it like chili says with more spice but you can add whatever you want .

Oh, after you add the creamed corn and evaporated milk and cheese , make sure you turn the heat way down and watch that it does not stick on the bottom . stir often . Enjoy .

Dusty,

We have received 2 feet of snow. I wanted to fix something that says winter, warmth and good. So, I pulled up this Vegetable Chowder and prepared it. The only thing I have to say about this recipe is "DELICIOUS" This was the best chowder recipe I have tasted yet. It was filling and I had two bowls with crackers hehe. The next time I fix this which will be this coming week, I will be doubling the recipe. I had this without the bacon as I don't eat pork and it was still delicious. Thank you so much for sharing this delicious and warming recipe. I have saved this in my "Recipes to keep" folder on my computer.

Thanks again,

Godbe4me

Sorry , I just saw this today .. Wow 2 feet .... You guys sure are getting pumelled . We have not had any snow yet . this is really unusual for us .

Yes I like this soup as it is quick and easy and very tasty and I did not put the bacon on it . I saw a soup today that I would like to try . It's from Rachel Ray and it's a savoy cabbage soup so I will go to the food chanel web site and see if I can find it . It didn't take her long to make it .

Back