Very new to this site, seeking answers to mistakes made

Hey, RadioActive. I think it's great that you are coming here to seek some help.

I believe it's important to go to the body of Christ so we can lift each other up. However, there are SOME things that need to be counseled by a professional counselor :)

If it's something that you can't post on an open forum, there are many great male moderator's on here that would love to try to help.

Not sure who all the staff members are? Have no fear ;) Here's a link to get to 'em!

http://www.christianforumsite.com/members/?type=staff

Be blessed, my friend.

Katie

Last edited by a moderator:
Two lines of wisdom from our Lord’s Prayer…

"Forgive us our sins...
as we forgive those who sins against us.."

You mentioned in in another post, you are forgiven…

Now, are you asking for confirmation that you are forgiven....from others, like us here?

I don’t think so…
Are you looking for confirmation from the “victim/ wounded party”? that am no sure.

I agree: Only God can forgive sins, ...... can "victim" forgive the “transgressor” as well, seems to me, effectively based on the latter part…

BUT, seems to me… it is not a PRIVELEGE for the "victim" to forgive, it is a DUTY… that is, it is not a "can" forgive, but more on doing it for the good of it...

Thus, my assumption : your OP is more on:

A. Sharing that only God can forgive, with that you are happy to share…
B. Or, you are asking for confirmation from the "victim"… with that: I can assume 2 things:
  • You are aching for it…. OR
  • You are concern (Love) on the consequence of the "victim"s DUTY to perform….
Just a thought : )

Of course, a letter C

C. Other reasons : )

Matthew 6:5-14New King James Version (NKJV)
The Model Prayer
5 “And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.[a] 7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 9 In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.

13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.[b]
14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses

Last edited:
Do you believe the word of God? If so, then:

1 John 1:9 (KJV)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

We are both moving on, never to meet again.

I'm claiming 1 John 1:9, learning from this past mistake and moving on with my marriage.

Reactions: aha
Back