Very Touched

violet

Inactive
Very Touched

In Acts 5, I read where the council forbade the Apostles to preach in The name of Jesus. Even imprisoned them.
Peter and the Apostles refused to listen saying they will listen to God before they listen to man!

40.............and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.
41And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.
42And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

This touched my heart so deeply!
We should find it an honor to suffer for Christ's sake!

03aff02eThankyou-1.gif

You are sooo right. I can say that for me personally, it would be very difficult to go through what they did (beating, imprisonment, etc.) and to still be out there openly sharing my beliefs. I would tend to be a lot more quiet and careful who I spoke to. But knowing that I am that way, gives me an awareness of an area that I need work on in my life.

I think it is also important that we should see that these scriptures were in Acts-- after the infilling of the Holy Spirit which gave them power. If we look back at John, we see that many men were secret followers/ believers of Jesus and were scared to speak his name for fear of what would be done to them. This is a good example of how the Holy Spirit can indeed empower us to be bold witnesses for Christ.

I agree. It is a great honor and respect to yourself and the Lord to see that your faith stands strong and unbendable whether it be subject to verbal or physical abuse.

Lol, at the same time that doesn't mean that I hope to be beaten in order to prove my faith. (Well, maybe a slap or two :D )

Amen and Amen! If we can't speak up for the ONE who gave his life for us then why should He speak up for us with the Father.

No, I don't want beaten either. So many Christians in some countries are beaten, even murdered.
But feeling it is an honor to suffer for Christ, helps us to endure~

When Paul and Silas were imprisoned for Christ the celebrated and as the worship flowed the chains that held them bound began to break- the doors that held them captive began to open and many were touched and saved. We can only hope our lives could one day be such a testimony. Can you imagine the joy they must have expierienced ?

Brother Larry, you just brought back a lost memory of mine~
My cousins were in a parked car when a gang approached them and began to surround the car~
They thought of Paul and Silas (as they recalled to me) and began singing to the top of their lungs about Jesus and that gang took off!
:dance:

Now I have to share this with you:D.

I was across the street from Home Depot in Kenner LA at a large set of vending machines with my family when some friends pulled up. We all got out and were talking when a couple of thugs walked up and began saying in a loud voice-" the Crips rule, the Crips rule". Without thinking I turned around and shouted "JESUS" then softly said "rules". Well they both turned white as ghosts and walk away. My friends wife was almost on the ground from laughing so hard at them- a truly memorable expierience-

Back