Vicar's protest at consecration of female bishop

He asks to speak and make an objection, and is dismissed with "the church governance has said it is ok, so basically shut up". They only wanted a yes response. Wonder what would have happened if only a few said "yes"? Would she be dismissed if the majority said "no"? Quite often votes go along with what is perceived as what everyone wants, but if one is allowed to speak against it with sound reasoning, often many will change their vote knowing they are not alone in the dissent.

The quality of women they are consecrating leaves somewhat to be desired:
from our local news
BALTIMORE – The second-highest leader of the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland will be charged with vehicular manslaughter, drunken driving and texting in a hit-and-run crash that killed a bicyclist on a sunny weekend afternoon, Baltimore's top prosecutor said Friday.
An arrest warrant will be issued for Bishop Suffragan Heather Cook, 58, whose blood-alcohol content was .22 after the wreck, nearly triple Maryland's legal limit for driving, Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby said at a news conference.

i once read an Anglican/episcopal describe about its organization, and a picture comes to mind is an umbrella, , an umbrella church...

tries to accommodate under it variety of expression, opinions and traditions….

The quality of women they are consecrating leaves somewhat to be desired:
from our local news
BALTIMORE – The second-highest leader of the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland will be charged with vehicular manslaughter, drunken driving and texting in a hit-and-run crash that killed a bicyclist on a sunny weekend afternoon, Baltimore's top prosecutor said Friday.
An arrest warrant will be issued for Bishop Suffragan Heather Cook, 58, whose blood-alcohol content was .22 after the wreck, nearly triple Maryland's legal limit for driving, Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby said at a news conference.
Oh dear...what kind of example is this? :(

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 1Timothy 4:1
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, truce breakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, high minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 2Timothy 3: 1-7
Not a very good indictment of our times. Obedience to the word of God is not fashionable with liberal theology.

Jan 26, 2015 - Rev. Paul Williamson's protest against the consecration of the female bishop by the Church of England:
youtube.com/watch?v=cQwWIv1L0kc

I was wondering if the ceremony could go smooth, and here's the voice in the desert...
"Not in the Bible!”

There are only TWO priesthoods ordained by God in the Bible. Though there are many who are ordained by man .
The first which is after the flesh and ministers in the tabernacle made with hands . HAS to be of the tribe of Levi and a man . Not even a King of Israel could do the work of an ordained priest in the temple of God made with hands and when one did so suffered leprosy from that moment till his dying day (Isiah 6)
She is neither a Jew or of the tribe of Levi. BY who then was she ordained? Not of God .

The only other priesthood mentioned in the Bible has to be of the order of Malchesidech . Who minister not in the temple made with hands . But made by God .
Now as Hebrews tells us the High priest of this order does not minister in Rome or Canterbury or any other place but in heaven.
and he need not offer the body and the blood of his flesh over and over again like the animal sacrifices in the temple made with hands .
But ONCE and for ALL was he offered . In the crucifixtion of his body .
"For it is appointed unto man ONCE to die then cometh the judgement "

What then the need for a priesthood after the flesh? NONE .
But fi you would have it so .Then women cannot be made so.
But the tabernacle made with hands and ist priesthood was put away as too the sacrafices .
and the true tabernacle needs no new sacrifice nor another high priest as of old for he is made a high preist for ever after that order of Malchesidech (Hebrews)
Nor then do we need a host of intercessors made by man that are dead . For we have Christ Himself who for ever intercedes for us . Why then the need of the dead to pray for the dead?
It is Christ that giveth life to all that come unto him .But if men go to another what can they receive? not life but death.

Then on two accounts this matter is wrong and unbiblical .
For all it is about as to the C of E and all like them. is the externals and conforming to the world rather than to God .

in Christ
gerald

1 Timothy 2:11-14 NLT

Women should learn quietly and submissively. I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. Let them listen quietly. For God made Adam first, and afterward he made Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan. The woman was deceived, and sin was the result.

This thread's last reply was ten days ago. And on this topic, a new member just posts a proof-text. Looks like pot-stirring to me.

FYI, that snippet in Greek says that this is one particular woman, and "have authority" is a very bad translation of the very rare word "authentein", used only here in the entire Bible and rare in classical literature. It has to do with domineering and violence, and has no good connotation at all. Paul used the common words for "authority" in that passage, so he means something quite different here. Also, the woman is still deceived at the time of Paul's writing.

But I have more detailed analysis of this and all the other "women just have to be restricted" claims elsewhere, if anyone actually wants to study the Bible rather than use snippets out of context to beat half the Body of Christ into submission.

1 Timothy 2:11-14 NLT

Women should learn quietly and submissively. I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. Let them listen quietly. For God made Adam first, and afterward he made Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan. The woman was deceived, and sin was the result.

Brother Holycaves, Paul here is referring to wives, not women as a whole. As he is talking about Adam and Eve when he says, "Adam first, then afterward Eve.
Only in a marriage covenant does man (husband) have "authority" over his wife. But in Christ, man (husband) has no advantage over his wife, because in Christ there is no male or female. Even Jesus Christ does not have "authority" over his Father, but submits to him. This does not make him any lesser than his father as they are all one, and equal. This is just God's divine order.

It was as direct as ever... and not out of context. Reading from verse one to the end the writer detailed what he was saying... in my post i didnt put up any of my own words it was direct from the bible. Read the whole chapter and sincerely and honestly tell me if i wrote out of context with God being witness and judge... also i dont understand latin and accepted christianity through faith as the bible presented to me, in english which isnt my mother tongue,isnt part of my ancestrial history but through faith i know it is the only path to salvation and i stick to it taking its words as they are... in this part of the world men marry more than one wife and are now telling us we are quoting the scriptures out of context on "one man one wife"... I'm very sorry if i pulled any nerves and sincerely dont mean any harm...may we fight a good fight and finish the race in good faith... God bless

Brother Holycaves, Paul here is referring to wives, not women as a whole. As he is talking about Adam and Eve when he says, "Adam first, then afterward Eve.
Only in a marriage covenant does man (husband) have "authority" over his wife. But in Christ, man (husband) has no advantage over his wife, because in Christ there is no male or female. Even Jesus Christ does not have "authority" over his Father, but submits to him. This does not make him any lesser than his father as they are all one, and equal. This is just God's divine order.
I must confess, i love this perspective but isnt every woman created to be someones wife and every man someone's husband? Where do we draw the line?

Back