Wait, What ?

I think in the US it's probably not reliable to have an electric car because of the long distances of travel to get anywhere.
If its just A-B in town thats electrified it would probably be ok.
Your country is pretty much a big grid anyway, except for Alaska, Hawaii, and all the states that don't have straight lines as borders. Don't Americans use their trains anymore?

Hello Lanolin;

No, our country is not ready for full use electric cars. Not yet. Where are we going to get the money for the charging stations, labor to build them and cost of materials, right now?

The world needs to slow down, after many years we are at a point where most families have their budgets in place to own affordable gas vehicles, own more than one gas vehicle to go to work, school, and run errands with the help of each other in the family.

Has anyone taken the time to speak with local gas stations in your own backyard and listen to their testimony? Many of these owners are from overseas seeking to realize their dream in the land of opportunity, but the strain in these times is very challenging to earn a living.

We need to stay focused on the mom and pop gas stations world wide that are relying on the sales of their gasoline for most of the cars that are fuel dependent.

In time, I believe the world may be ready for full use electric but not today, especially in these United States.

As far as trains, CalTrain is a good option for transportation to work or distant travel within the San Francisco Bay Area.

Amtrak is our National Railroad system. My wife and I have a credit with them for vacation travel. We were suppose to take a trip on train back in January but had to cancel for another time.

God bless you, Lanolin.

I think in the US it's probably not reliable to have an electric car because of the long distances of travel to get anywhere.
If its just A-B in town thats electrified it would probably be ok.

Your country is pretty much a big grid anyway, except for Alaska, Hawaii, and all the states that don't have straight lines as borders. Don't Americans use their trains anymore?
Its not "reliable" because the liberal idiots havnt thought it through. First, nobody wants them. Second, if everyone in the country had one the grid wouldnt handle it which was proven last year when the California governor asked everone not to charge their cars. They campaign on stopping climate change which they have convinced their sheep that they can do if everyone stops using fossil fuels while they fly around in their tax payer funded jets.

Its not "reliable" because the liberal idiots havnt thought it through. First, nobody wants them. Second, if everyone in the country had one the grid wouldnt handle it which was proven last year when the California governor asked everone not to charge their cars. They campaign on stopping climate change which they have convinced their sheep that they can do if everyone stops using fossil fuels while they fly around in their tax payer funded jets.
You forgot to mention that the electricity they use to charge the car comes from a coal fired plant and in order to meet that need they would need to burn more coal! It is a scam to make their friends richer. Until someone can figure out how to make it a sustainable system, electric cars will not be able to compete with the gas powered cars.

You forgot to mention that the electricity they use to charge the car comes from a coal fired plant and in order to meet that need they would need to burn more coal! It is a scam to make their friends richer. Until someone can figure out how to make it a sustainable system, electric cars will not be able to compete with the gas powered cars.
They demonize anything they deem "big". Then tax it into oblivion then move onto the next "big" thing. Big tobacco, big oil and so it goes. Climate change is used to scare the minions into compliance. Of course the climate is changing, has been since creation.The big lie is that they can stop it with taxes and people going without. It goes in cycles depending on how the planets line up and effect the earths rotation. Im not smart enough to explain it any better but get the gist of it.

They demonize anything they deem "big". Then tax it into oblivion then move onto the next "big" thing. Big tobacco, big oil and so it goes. Climate change is used to scare the minions into compliance. Of course the climate is changing, has been since creation.The big lie is that they can stop it with taxes and people going without. It goes in cycles depending on how the planets line up and effect the earths rotation. Im not smart enough to explain it any better but get the gist of it.

Hello Dave F. and Hopeful;

I personally need to learn something in what Dave posted and I have a comment in what Hopeful wrote.

So in order to produce electricity, it requires coal as an
ingredient? If this is so, it sounds right to me, but isn't this ironic? Who's in charge of unthinking all this stuff that wants to get rid of stuff that works?

I have a buddy who is so proud of his 1967 289 V8 Mustang. No computerized engine, just all manual handling and checks the oil weekly. He uses the least expensive unleaded and had the body paint just once. He saves on registration and car insurance and really hasn't needed a second car except for his wife's vehicle.

Since I can remember, I have always been baffled why so much stress has been put on the so called experts on climate. Are we saying God who created the climate, sun, moon, water, in the beginning, all of a sudden cannot control the damage that humans may have caused over the centuries?

I see and hear good people each week taking walks at the beach, going on hikes, climbing mountains, breathing the air and praising God for His climate, sun, rain and snow.

Isn't God still in control here?

Like I said, I need be educated here.

God bless you, brothers and your families.

God is always in control! I remember when it was brought to Al Gore's attention that Mars was experiencing the same effects as Earth and he said something along the lines of See we have caused so much damage it is affecting the other planets. He has one of the largest carbon footprints in America, but, says it's o.k. because he pays the taxes. It is just another scheme to get peoples money. Coal-fired plants produce electricity by burning coal in a boiler to produce steam. The steam produced, under tremendous pressure, flows into a turbine, which spins a generator to create electricity. The steam is then cooled, condensed back into water and returned to the boiler to start the process over.

God is always in control! I remember when it was brought to Al Gore's attention that Mars was experiencing the same effects as Earth and he said something along the lines of See we have caused so much damage it is affecting the other planets. He has one of the largest carbon footprints in America, but, says it's o.k. because he pays the taxes. It is just another scheme to get peoples money. Coal-fired plants produce electricity by burning coal in a boiler to produce steam. The steam produced, under tremendous pressure, flows into a turbine, which spins a generator to create electricity. The steam is then cooled, condensed back into water and returned to the boiler to start the process over.
Good old Al. Didnt he invent the internet? Scary thing is, half the country believes this nonsense. Or pretend they do to keep the tax payer funded free stuff coming in.

I think oil is easier to extract than coal...
But I think the scare is more that it will run out rather than anything else.

The only other thing is coal was quite a dirty burner..oil is more efficient, but it can still pollute the air with smoky exhaust it's not properly burned.

If you live in a city with a lot of cars and not many trees and theres little air circulation, it will affect your lungs and your microclimate. Also less canopy cover of trees means less oxygen for you to breathe. It's been proven that humans need oxygen to breathe...basic science.

Leaves photoysntheise and absorb carbon dioxide, although seaweed and plankton are the biggest carbon sinks. Which is why growing more seaweed forests is a good thing, and it brings more marine life, instead of it being a plastic garbage dump desert.

I think on both sides (political) there's minsinformation and a lot of demonisation of whatever going on when people realise well all such things are unsustainable.

It's like trying to make time go faster. You can't. God has everything on His own timing and everything is beautiful in its time. Humans are always trying to hurry it up or obliterate it. Doesn't work. All it does is make more fuel for burning up in Hell right?

This is why battery operated toys are useless when their batteries run out.
I have a watch that I can't use to tell the time now cos the battery has died and needs to be replaced.

I suppose I could just use a sun dial but not on rainy days.
I don't really need a clock or a watch I just do things whenever their's light to do it by but everyone else wants me to 'be on time' so thats why I have one lol.

Also, I don't really need a phone but everyone else has one ....
I remember not having a phone and people were like 'what you don't have a phone?? how can we call you?" I just say you just yell outside my window and I'll hear you.

So in order to produce electricity, it requires coal as an ingredient?
Dear Bob, good questions.

As a point of reference on power generation in the US and where our electricity comes from:
In the U.S., about 20%of our electricity comes from power plants that run on coal, 40% comes from various other fossil fuels (natural gas, petroleum and other gases), additionally, 20% is from nuclear plants and the last 20% or so comes from a combination of wind, solar and hydroelectric generation.

Isn't God still in control here?
Yes, but do we have free will and is everyone’s will aligned with His Will?

Just my opinion, but taking a glance at the headlines I don’t believe that His will is being done on earth as in Heaven, at least not consistently.
God Bless us all.

As a point of reference on power generation in the US and where our electricity comes from: In the U.S., about 20%of our electricity comes from power plants that run on coal, 40% comes from various other fossil fuels (natural gas, petroleum and other gases), additionally, 20% is from nuclear plants and the last 20% or so comes from a combination of wind, solar and hydroelectric generation.
bobinfaith asked, Isn't God still in control here?
Yes, but do we have free will?
Just my opinion, but taking a glance at the headlines I don’t believe that His will is being done on earth as in Heaven, at least not consistently.
God Bless us all.

Hello blueskies;

Thank you for the stats on electricity and the role coal and other fossil fuels have.

Yes, God does give us freewill and I shudder at those times of my own freewill. But I have to keep Him in the center of all things despite the ways of the world.

God bless you, brother, and I do take stock in your opinion. Those are good words of wisdom.

so defeatest!
I thought that once you became a christian you'd start to care for the environment, after all it's Gods creation but apparently, for many people, not so.

In the Old Testament, the prophets declared that people wouldn't fight wars anymore and turn their plowshares and swords into pruning forks and shears, but I don't see a lot of gardening going on, countries and people are still at war with each other. meh.

I'm praying for the day where instead of empty sports fields where kids fight over a ball, they'll be turned into beautiful gardens instead. I remember one time I was gardening at a retirement village that backed on to a high school sports field. I said to my boss, wow that field could be a great garden. And the oldies would enjoy that much more than watching some kids play rugby in the mud. They only got a tiny tiny strip to look after at that retirement village and could only grow a few pansies.

He wasn't very happy with my suggestion cos he's secretly invested all his money in hockey games and planned to battle them out when he retired.

so defeatest!
I thought that once you became a christian you'd start to care for the environment, after all it's Gods creation but apparently, for many people, not so.
Actually, when I became a Christian, mother nature no longer was the one I worshipped.

In the Old Testament, the prophets declared that people wouldn't fight wars anymore and turn their plowshares and swords into pruning forks and shears, but I don't see a lot of gardening going on, countries and people are still at war with each other.
That’s actually an Old Testament prophecy partially describing the condition here on earth AFTER Christ comes back.

so defeatest!

In the Old Testament, the prophets declared that people wouldn't fight wars anymore and turn their plowshares and swords into pruning forks and shears, but I don't see a lot of gardening going on, countries and people are still at war with each other. meh.
Liberals have a tendancy to live in Disneyland. If they need a dose of reality they should look around at how young people with children are doing while they protest for more free stuff and about how taxing companies out of existence will save the planet from whatever nonsense they contrive this week.

Back