Walking in Love/the Spirit- is the answer to the flesh and is the highest calling...

WOF -- We keep our body under subjection BY keeping our focus away from ourselves onto God....go ahead tho and try to keep it under subjection with your own efforts if you want to tho. This is also what I mean by the power to live a righteous life...and of course we are righteous in God's sight, however, in our daily behaviors it comes about thru the work of the HS and God can show you how to allow Him to do it if you allow Him to. :^) THIS is why I keep talking about the same thing over and over again as you put it. You and others seem to want to add your own effort into the mix (thus a little leaven...even a little bit of your flesh is too much)...there are a lot of 'buts" here. God never ever did mean for you to try and be good with God's help. He never wants to make the flesh better...or patch up the old wine skin. He wants the flesh gone...in fact it has been crucified and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ Who lives in me. And this is not in theory or theologically or just spiritually, this means that the spiritual truly does affect the flesh, even tho you say they are seperate. I am truly not angry here, but saddened and passionate how people are so adament about 'trying to be good" when we don't have to try at all...yet, I understand the strong tendency to want to exert effort...as the flesh does want to be the one doing it. This what the law was all about! Col. 2>> the denial of our bodies, and all the things we do to try and keep our flesh under control.

I would encourage you WOF to open up your heart to more of God and His freedom that He has for you...and to the possibility that I am passing something more that you haven't learned yet...that MAYBE there is more. This is why the bible talks about moving from milk to meat and etc...because there is more growth and insight. The HS is enough...and a person truly can come to the point where "it is not me anymore because I have been crucified, it is Christ in me.."

Interesting Post.

Just scanning Christian forums. Don't have lots of time to post or get to involved.

reading this whole thread, and being a firm believer in walking in love. I see several points that are well made.

For Me Jenny. I see what your saying and What WOF is saying. I don't think anyone can walk in love without God, and without God making a way out, I don't think anyone can keep themselves from sin.

I also see what WOF is saying. Without putting the flesh under and keeping the Word of God first, then we can let our human reasoning take over, and not the Spirit of Love. I know I have to make choices all the time when I think about doing wrong, and just have to walk away. Without God's Word, I don't think I would be able to make those choices. Whitout the Holy Ghost in me I don't think I can make those choices.

I hope this make sense.

Excuse me Jenny, but I’m trying to understand a little better what you are talking about. Would you mind answering my question?

Are you saying you don’t sin?

Thanks.

This is a most exceptionally Excellent message and thread for discussion . Can it be said that the only force that drives out sin is Love ?
Ive been recently searching the scriptures to find all the answers available on the subject matter where Peter had ask the question of Jesus "How many times should I forgive my brother" ? The more I search it out the more convinced I am that Love is the one force of power exercised by Jesus that was essential in the transformation and discipline process that converted .

Thank you EM. I actually was very, very surprised at my replies as I had a very different idea about what a bible study area would be. I figured that a debate area would be this way, but not this area. If you notice my original posting, I was expressing the things I had learned...and wanted to share those things, as it had come from much trial and search in my life. Since I had experienced these things then how can people jump right in and tell me (essencially) that I am wrong? God is infinite...to the point where we can never, ever reach the end of Him or His word, as no one has all the answers...and so I was thinking that this would bring in good discussion and I could share what I have learned...however, there were almost immediate disagreement, and more like debate.

To me, as I searched and sought God thru the last many yrs...I saw and experienced that the church (generally, as a whole) was like almost any other religion in how we operated. We had lots of rules to go by, and church groups, and gave to charities and taught similar reverance for God. Even tho Jesus was the one that stuck out of course...as the difference...there really was not much of a difference in the way that I saw in scripture. I began asking God why this 'light' and 'love' that the bible talks about (God IS love and Jesus IS the light) was not drawing people in...as both God and Jesus were so utterly powerful so why wasn't the power and brightness of their light and love more prevalent in the church...to me people followed Jesus in droves...yet it is like pulling teeth to get people to get to church. I thought, out of every love there is in the world we HAVE to have the biggest around as God IS love...then I started studying Galatians...and Colossians..and 1,2 and 3 John...and Romans...and learned more about the law, and why God created and then called it "the New Covenent"..and then how it says not to subject onesself to the law (lots of verses on this)...and then remembering that the flesh cannot in anyway produce Spiritual/Godly results...and how if God says that the things of the flesh and the law do not produce Godliness and the Spirit does then why was I hearing mostly things about trying to live Godly lives in church and only about love as one of many good things to do, but not a very focal point...then I looked to see what the Spirit produces...and by golly, it was Love that it produced...then in Galatians it says that love can overcome the fleshly desires...not the reverse...yet then why are we trying to be good thru our own efforts iF the flesh does not produce Godly results???? Why are people putting the cart before the horse...effort before love..as tho effort can produce God's love. Anyway, I realized that as I put my mind on things above, and realized that God has already given to me what is needed, then God began making it very natural for me and a joy. A joy to love...and then that love began dispelling the darkness in my life...plus I started noticing people responding to me as I was open to show concern to the people I met each day...

I just believe and believe it is biblical that God wants us to be different...very different...then the world...and love is the answer, as it affects both the lover and the lovee. It is so freeing too...a freedom God has called us to...love trumps the law (rule-keeping/human effort). The one who (truly) loves God will (automatically) be doing what the commandments say...because love causes no harm. Walking in the Spirit (love) is like starving the desires of the flesh. (Gal. 6)

I definitly still have faults...I am human...of course...however, they are becoming less and less in my life and Christ is becoming more and more. God has also shown me that when I mess up that He is not moved and does not fall off His throne...so I just get up and continue to focus on His HS...on things above.

My focus is not on my flesh...THIS is where we live by faith. God never said that He wanted to patch up or fix your flesh...He said that He wants it gone. "I have been crucified with Christ and it's no longer I who live, but Christ Who lives in me...and the life I now live in the flesh I live BY FAITH in the Son of God who loves me and gave Himself for me."

I may not be able to get back here very soon...so here is my website that I have been writing about this in...

< www.jenny-elaines-heart.highpowersites.com >

Bless you..

...and so I was thinking that this would bring in good discussion and I could share what I have learned...however, there were almost immediate disagreement, and more like debate.

Correct me if I'm wrong Jenny, but I don't believe I disagreed with you nor did I argue with you. I have asked two questions and you seem to have glossed right over both of them and have chosen to ignore the questions.

That brings a third question to my mind.

Do you believe questions have no place in a "good discussion?"

Personally, I think it is quite rude to ignore someone who has a question about what you are saying.

Back