Want A Windows 7 Look Rather Than The Old Xp Look....

Oh yeah definitely. There is a tool that you can download that scans you hardware and software, but of course I can't find it any where on cnet and microsoft.com.

Well then, this ain't for you plainly....
I have a couple of programs that just wont run with a windoze emulator. I installed 'Oracle Virtual Box' inside Linux, then Windoze xp in that. It aint called windoze for nuttin. With no apps loaded windoze takes 15 seconds to shut down. Linux takes 4 seconds. So, and that is using the same CPU, Mother Board, Memory etc. etc.....a completely fair test...don't you think?

I have a couple of programs that just wont run with a windoze emulator. I installed 'Oracle Virtual Box' inside Linux, then Windoze xp in that. It aint called windoze for nuttin. With no apps loaded windoze takes 15 seconds to shut down. Linux takes 4 seconds. So, and that is using the same CPU, Mother Board, Memory etc. etc.....a completely fair test...don't you think?

Not neccessarily, depends on what overhead the Oracle Virtual Box is taking up.

Not neccessarily, depends on what overhead the Oracle Virtual Box is taking up.
How exactly do you define overhead? OVB has ample memory and disk space allocated to contain Windoze without resorting to the use of a swap file, if that is what you are getting at.
I could time my wife's windoze box's shut down time.............might do it when I have a spare 5 minutes or so. It has all the resources afforded by a 500gig Hdd +Pentium 4 + 2gig ram....definitely not resource deprived, though not as fast as my machine's mother board. Both machines have the same model seagate hdd, so read/write access times are potentially the same. Or are you thinking of something else?

Back