war in heaven

smellycat

Account Closed
war in heaven

michael and his angels defeat satan,and satan is thrown down to earth.are we waiting for michael to kick satan out?is this were we are at the moment?

No way is he in heaven.
He has access to hell and earth. That's all.
He will fight a battle with the Lord after He comes for His church but even satan knows who is going to win!

I believe the book of revelation looks both to the past, present and future. Satan was judged back in the book of Genesis. His fate is to burn in the lake of fire at the end of time.

Up until the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, Satan roamed the earth, but also had access to heaven. Consider the book of Job for this. It was also written that Satan accuses sinners day and night before the throne of God.

Jesus Christ won the victory over Satan at the crucifixion. Sinners were cleansed by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, thus, Satan no longer has any right to accuse any one.

Depending on your beliefs, Satan will be bound for a thousand years, either after the crucifixion, or after the 'future' great tribulation. He will be bound during the millenial reign of Christ, before being dealt with at the end of time.

As for the war in heaven - I'm not sure if that happened long ago or is still yet to come.

Any suggestions on this?

S.C, .... Read This.........

God first peopled the universe with a hierarchy of holy angels, of whom one of the highest orders was the cherubim. One of them, pershaps the highest of all was " the annonted cherub that covereth" who was created beautiful and perfect in his ways. This cherub knew he was beautiful, but pride entered his heart and the first sin in the whole history of eternity occured. Pride led to self- will ( Isa 14:13) and self will to rebellion. THis great cherub became the adversary( satan) of God and apparently led other angels into rebellion (2 Peter 2:4 ;Jude 6 ). One day satan and all the other enemies of God will be cast into the "lake of burning sulfur "( Rev.20:10,15)In the age- long ( though not eternal) conflict between good and evil, it sometimes seems as though God has given satan every advantage. Even so, GOD'S VICTORY IS CERTAIN.

The devil is called " the god of this age" ( 2 Cor 4:4 ) " the ruler of the kingdom of the air " ( Eph 2:2) a murderer and a liar (John 8:44)" Abaddon and Apollyon( "Destroyer"..... Rev 9:11) Beelzebub, the prince of the demons ( Matt 12:24) and " that ancient serpent.... the accuser of our brothers"( Rev.12:9)

He can be resisted ( James 4:7) and defeated ( Matt4:1-11.. Eph6:16)

There has actually been alot of debate over this particular topic. Some believe that satan still comes before the throne as demonstrated in the following he comes FROM earth to present his case against us

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
Job 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Thank God we have an intercessor-

Heb 7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
Heb 7:23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
Heb 7:24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
Heb 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Satan accuses us and Jesus responds- no Father I put that under my blood- I am so glad we have an Faithful intercessor!

Then there is this text-
Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Some believe that this has already transpired while others believe verse 11 specifically refers to the new covenant people. Perhaps some would say we don't need him because the church does a good job as accuser of the brethren all by themselves- selah

Satan's access

For over 25 years I have studied Prophecy, specifically The Last Days.

Revelation by far is the most confusing to read through and understand. This is the reson for pre-trib, mid trib, post-trib , and maybe the preterist viewpoints that are out there. Of course only one view can turn out to be true. Time will tell or I will learn it at my death.

When looking at Satan in the book of Revelations, and the verses that speak of him being cast out, It is essential that you take the whole book into context of it's writings. It appears that John the Revelator has one continuance vision of the Apocalypse. As you read through each chapter you read the words "then this happened", "Then this occured", (I paraphrase of course). The Apocalypse (Revelation) appears sequential. Without having God's divine knowledge we are left with a conundrum of sorts in the understanding of everything revealed to John. But there are enough clues to get a general picture.

As believers of the Word of God, the entire Bible should be taken literally for its content, not symbolically unless there is a specific reason to take it symbollically... i.e. Parables, Peter isn't actually a Rock, etc.. If taken literally should we not take Revelation as a timetable of events sequentially. Revelation 1:19 .. Write these things that you have seen... (John personally saw these things), things that are ...(present time for John) Things that are hereafter (the future).

That all said what precedes Revelation 12 where The "dragon" is cast out of heaven. The answer is found in Chapter 11 "Fourty and two months".

Taking this literally, the dragon, Satan, persecutes the Church, after his fight with Michael in Heaven.

If the 42 months are the first 3.5 years of The Tribulation, then Satan is tossed out of God's presence during the middle of the Tribulation and this would greatly correspond with the last 42 months (The Great Tribulation) as the greatest persecution of God's people ever. Jews and Christains alike that are left after the rapture.

So in a round about answer. If you are pre-trib or , mid-trib then Satan still has access to Heaven right now. He has fallen from grace. He decieves as he wanders between Heaven and earth. But he still has access to Heaven. "Peter, he was asking about you....". If you are post trib you will have a hard time finding much biblical relevance to that theory. However if you are preterist, than he was completely cast out long ago, and then Revelation does not depict future events...But I don't see this as viable based on Revelation 1:19.

Most importantly it is not your view of rapture or complete understanding of Revelations that matters, it is your personal relationship with Christ. However, when reading prophetic scripture, especially Revelation, be focused, alert, and pray for wisdom and understanding before and after reading it. Be very careful that someone else trying to interpret it for you. Let the Holy Spirit speak to you.

Be a Berean:read-bible:

Steve

Nice post Steve-

"Revelation by far is the most confusing to read through and understand"- funny I would have thought that was Ezekial!LOL!

"As believers of the Word of God, the entire Bible should be taken literally for its content, not symbolically unless there is a specific reason to take it symbollically... i.e. Parables, Peter isn't actually a Rock, etc.."
True the bibal is litteral- when it is not these is generally an explanation of the symbolism contained IN THE BIBLE.

"Most importantly it is not your view of rapture or complete understanding of Revelations that matters, it is your personal relationship with Christ. However, when reading prophetic scripture, especially Revelation, be focused, alert, and pray for wisdom and understanding before and after reading it. Be very careful that someone else trying to interpret it for you. Let the Holy Spirit speak to you."
AMEN!

personally speaking from what i have seen of the earth,satan hurts us big time,and keeps middle people from any harm,personally when it all comes to the end you will realise you have been confused.what you have to understand,satan accuses us the enemy who calls us to God.won,t let us go to heaven.jesus came down kicked his arse and now we can go.bully boy still has followers,but heaven and earth will be split.truth and light always wins.and if it don,t ill make it win ,lol.

That's a good point someone made earlier, i never realized that Satan was booted out of heaven due to the victory on the cross

It is never stated in exact terms, but is inferred. Consider Genesis 3:15

Also when Jesus paid in full what was required for our redemption upon the cross it was said that 'death has no sting'

It is difficult to understand whether Satan still has access to heaven or not, but one thing is for sure, Jesus is victorious, he has prevailed and soon all his enemies will be placed beneath his feet!

The crucifixion was the event that was to change all things.

yes it was the biggest .did you ever hear such a thing the son of God dying by human hands,even though he was there to save them.if that ain,t love,what is?

thank you m8,if i know satan he,s trying to get his people in heaven while repressing the good.enter jesus i follow to die.with trust and faith to come back.

Back