Was Christ ever tempted?

violet

Inactive
Was Christ ever tempted?

I started reading a book that said he was not and it is blasphemy to say he was~
I don't believe it.
I believe God wanted his son to feel the temptations of life as a witness to us.
What do you believe?
I know that he never sinned!
Don't you think he felt everything that we feel as human beings?

Who wrote the book?

I started reading a book that said he was not and it is blasphemy to say he was~

I don't believe it.
I believe God wanted his son to feel the temptations of life as a witness to us.
What do you believe?
I know that he never sinned!

Don't you think he felt everything that we feel as human beings?
Yes! Jesus was tempted...he was tempted three times... when the devil told him to make those stones into bread, to jump so that the angels could save him, and also something else. Also Jesus was in the flesh and blood just like us ofcourse he felt everything we felt. The why he is the perfect sacrafice..he endured everything we are and have gone through and still remain Righteous and holy!

Luv ya Violet!

Caresse

I think Matthew 4 (and other Gospels) pretty well sums it up:

1Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil.

I believe, though not 100%, that Mormonism proposes that God cannot be tempted. I'm not sure what book you're reading, but it seems completely contradictary to the Gospels.

I believe, though not 100%, that Mormonism proposes that God cannot be tempted. I'm not sure what book you're reading, but it seems completely contradictary to the Gospels.

According to James 1:13, God (the Father) cannot be tempted. God the Son, however, was tempted; for his flesh was subject to the same passions as ours. I don't think Mormonism rejects this. Early Mormon leaders taught that the Lord was married to three women. They also believe God the Father was tempted, and was even a sinner, back when he lived on another planet as a mortal man. :eek:

Hebrews 4:14-16 (New King James Version)

14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Though fully God Jesus walked as a man to give an example of what we could do if we walk totally submited to the Fathers will and moving only at the Holy Spirits direction and by His power- so of course He was tempted but He never stumbled, not even once:D

Yes, I do KNOW he was tempted because the Bible says so.
I wanted to see what others would say because even an elder at the church we occasionally go to said Christ was not tempted!

Sounds like he needs to spend more time reading his bible sis, I can tell you love God and study His Word, I can tell He lives in your heart by your gentle spirit- I hope I haven't offended you - blessings Larry

If the bible says it is, it is. You can stop thinking then, the other person isn´t right if he says something, that contradicts the bible. ;) Remember that.

He was tempted more than 3 times,bow to me, i will give you all you see.i think satan had a bit of a cheek.but satan got his marching orders.but satan is as cunning as a fox,so be careful.ive got an old king james and it has black blots before a lot of scripture,and with some of it you can see where satan tries to imply an alternative view.ps...get a range of bibles and the wordings do change a lot.like a usa version its got wrote in it if a soldier asks you to carry his bags a mile carry it 2 miles...you couldnt make it up..

I cross compare 50 verses on average- get E-Sword ( it's free) and you can do that with one click.

you come across changes m8.and also what do you think of the old king james,mine a bit battered now but worth it,s weight in gold.i hope they can reprint this version word for word ,aswell as insight.

Generally they use different wording but say the same thing-there are some slight differences in some manuscripts- the old King Jimmy- mine is a treasure- as my first bible I read it so many times I wore the cover off it :D !

I cherish my first KJV, It is worn and still has blood stains on it.
It was in my lap 40 years ago, on our way to church, when we were in a horrible car accident. 7 of us were in a car when my mother lost control, on a rainy day. We spun 8 times on an expressway, hitting other cars, then was broadsided by a semi truck. We all survived, thank the Lord!
He truly had his hand on us!

i dont like people changing jesus words.especially when there justifying war.sorry doesn,t sit ok with me.twisting the message ,so who is correcting this?

next we can change good to bad but in 5 easy moves.oops crossword puzzle,change word into hell in 5 easy moves.....word,hord,hold,held,hell.....imagine what that evil beast has done through generations......you get a lot of tips through history if you look...and notice the mind games they were under.....research.

you can follow nic,s movement through history.usa have got him now.if you watch the santa thing it plots his course from the beginning.you seen that on computer .

Back