We are back but....

Jeffin

Webmaster
Staff member
Helper
We are back but....

we may go offline for a software downgrade sometime soon.

We've successfully moved all over files to the new server at ServInt. It took us very long and so many emails back and forth and a bit of confusion but it was all worth it.

So yea.. enjoy posting... till the next interruption. :p

God bless you.

I was online for a long time, trying to find out whats going on. So much that I woke up at 3am day before yesterday and browsed and then prayed and slept off on my prayer mat. :D

There are two more things that will cause interruption. But they involve minor work. One is a downgrade which I am expecting in the next few days and the other is the installation of a new software which would be a 7-10 days later.

Wow .... Lot's of work , time and effort . Thank you Jeff for the constant reports on facebook telling us what was going on . I appreciate that .

Blessings to you .

There are two more things that will cause interruption. But they involve minor work. One is a downgrade which I am expecting in the next few days and the other is the installation of a new software which would be a 7-10 days later.

Jeff, wondering if the software downgrade and new software will reflect in how we view and use CFS, or are they both 'behind the scenes'?

Yep, one sure misses CFS when it's not there!! The updates on the .net site were most helpful. Thanks!

Blessings, my brother!

- BM

Hi Bondman, the downgrade would be to a older version so there's not much difference except with the settings pages, profile etc. The new software however is much more different. You might have to learn how to use it. It is a forum software and there are many similar functions. In my opinion it is much simpler to use.

If you want to try it out, create an account here : XenForo Community
and browse or post.

Hi Bondman, the downgrade would be to a older version so there's not much difference except with the settings pages, profile etc. The new software however is much more different. You might have to learn how to use it. It is a forum software and there are many similar functions. In my opinion it is much simpler to use.

If you want to try it out, create an account here : XenForo Community
and browse or post.

i was typing a long msg when my internet connection stopped and now I have re-type. Arr... Jeff cool down! :p

Hmmm... what was I saying? Never mind, I'll tell you later. :p

i was typing a long msg when my internet connection stopped and now I have re-type. Arr... Jeff cool down! :p

Don't you hate it when that happens?!

Because of various problems, that has happened to me so many times I don't even want to think about it!

Because of various problems, that has happened to me so many times I don't even want to think about it!

Ooh. Hopefully we have a better server this time. I didn't change to a more powerful server. In fact, it's about the same configuration. The team running the new server is more experienced and reputed. It will easier for them to sort tech problems.

I was refering more to problems I have with my pc getting stuck, or the internet going off, and things like that not anything to do with this site.

So that explains it! :)

John, I put updates on www.christianforumsite.net. If we go offline, the .net site will have the updates. :)

I was refering more to problems I have with my pc getting stuck, or the internet going off, and things like that not anything to do with this site.

Oh okay. :) Your pc might need a bit cleaning or upgrade. Internet is sometime a problem here (India) too. It's anyway faaaar better than it used to be.

Oh okay. :) Your pc might need a bit cleaning or upgrade. Internet is sometime a problem here (India) too. It's anyway faaaar better than it used to be.

I just got it back from the geek not long ago and it had been more trouble and even slower. Sometimes posts go even go thru it takes too long. I think the DSL is getting too old. I may go with someone else too because when I started paying more to increase the speed it went slower. :smiley130:

Back