We will meet again?

We will meet again?

:confused: I was wanting to know if anyone could give me some scripture references for the theory that after we are called to Heaven by Jesus as a believer and are seperated from the non-believers. We will see members of our family (the ones that are non-believers) If everyone is able to let there family members into heaven whether they are believers or not, what is the point in being a believer when you could just make sure that someone who loves you is a believer and rely on their invitation to heaven. There seem be a lot of people that think that when they go to heaven they will see their loved ones whether or not their loved ones are believers. I do not believe this. :confused:

There is scripture to support the fact that we will see our loved ones again, whether or not they were believers here on earth.

However, it takes a bit of putting 2 and 2 together from scripture to arrive at that conclusion. We know that the Book of Ezekiel, Chapter 40 to the end, takes place in the millenium... that 1000 year period that occurs before the Great White Thrown Judgement.

We are also shown in the Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man from Luke 16 (KJV) that there is a divide, or Gulf, between the two sides of heaven. One side for the ignorant and unbelievers and one side for the believers and God's elect. That Gulf can not be crossed by those who were ignorant of Christ's teaching while here on earth OR by those who were aware, but chose not to follow Christ and accept Him. God's elect, the ones who DID accept Christ as their savior while on earth, CAN go across the Gulf in the millenium to teach the Truth to their father, mother, brother or unmarried sister, from Ezekiel 44 (KJV), on the other side, so they too, can know about Christ and choose to accept His message.

Therefore, if we can go to our father, mother, brother or unmarried sister to teach them the Message of Truth, we must be able to recognize them... and to speak with them and to know them.

[Note: Ezekiel 44:25 (KJV) - the word 'dead' in this application, as it takes place in the millenium, means 'spiritually dead'; an unrelated non believer.]

I say one should not worry about such things, but rather, you should just support and love your family regardless.

Meeting our loved ones in heaven

I would not say that I am worried about this issue. My theory is that our loved ones are on this earth to be a part of our lives now and that when we die and go to the great beyond our main focus will be on our relationship with God ONLY. If you haven't read the book "The Great Divorce" I would definitely recommend it.

my understanding...

...is that non-believers are not going to be with the believers after we die. All non-believers will perish.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life". In other words, if we don't believe in Jesus we will not have eternal life.

Joyful - are you scripturally aware of the 'millenium' ? .. the 1000 year period that follows the return of Christ when we will all be in spiritual bodies... Please review Revelation 20:1-15 (KJV) for an explaination of 'the millenium'.

Also to better understand, please read the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man in Luke 16:19-31 (KJV) and note that the two persons were separated by a GULF (Luke 16:26 KJV) or divide in Paradise. The 'wrong' side of the gulf is where non believers and those who were ignorant of Christ while on earth will be for those 1000 years. During that time, close relatives who DID accept Christ while on earth may go to their relatives on the other side of the gulf to teach them about Christ. At the end of the 1000 years, it is then, that the White Throne Judgement takes place... and those who were taught by relatives about Christ must choose... either Christ or Satan. If they choose Satan, they, too, will be cast into the Lake of Fire with the old devil.

That Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man has a fairly good analysis that can be found in the link provided below this paragraph, so please go over it and realize that ALL souls, good, bad or ugly go to heaven when they die. It's just that the two sides of heaven are separated by a divide... one side for the believers and one side for those who did not believe or never had a chance to believe. Remember the scripture in 2 Corinthians 5:8 (KJV), "To be absent from this body is to be present with the Lord." When we die, the flesh goes back to dust and the soul instantly returns to our Father who gave it. Our souls are NOT stuck in some hole in the ground awaiting the return of Christ as some unfortunate teachings declare from a faulty Greek to English translation. That just isn't the case.

Please look at this analysis and think about it...

http://www.wcg.org/lit/bible/gospels/lazarus.htm

Pastor Gary,

Yes, I have learned about the millenium and it is not the same as your understanding. I will not go into details because we cannot be for sure about the millenium until we actually experience.

While going to heaven right after death is questionable (as argued against by the early church fathers), what isn't questionable is "how" we 'meet' our loved ones who do not have faith. It's very sad and terrifying, but is spoken of time and time again throughout the scriptures.

Yeshua speaking on the matter...

The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all the offenses, and those who practice lawlessness. And they will throw them into the furnace of fire; there will be weeping and gnashing of the teeth. Then the righteous will shine out like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. The one having ears to hear, let him hear.
Matthew 13:41-43

One of my favorite examples of the New Kingdom is found in the Tanakh, the "Old Testament" which gives us an example of the Mashiach establishing His physical kingdom on earth. It speaks of his return, and the fate of the faithless....

His second coming.

For, behold, YHVH will come with fire, and His chariots like the tempest, to return His wrath in fury, and His rebuke in flames of fire. For by fire and by His sword YHVH will execute judgment with all flesh; and the slain of YHVH shall be many. Those who sanctify themselves, and purify themselves to the gardens, each one in the midst, eaters of swine's flesh, and the hateful thing, and the mouse, these are cut off together, says YHVH.
Isaiah 66:15-17

'How' we "meet" them.​

And it will be, from new moon to its new moon, and from sabbath to its sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before Me, says YHVH. And they shall go out and see the dead bodies of the men who have rebelled against Me; for their worm shall not die, nor shall their fire be put out; and they shall be an object of disgust to all flesh.
Isaiah 66:23-24

"They shall go out and see the dead bodies of the men who have rebelled against Me;"​

This should move us with greater zeal to witness to those we love so that they escape the destruction of the faithless. If not, then should we be those gazing upon our dead loved ones?

Shalom

Back