Weight loss advice

Are these apps capable of calculating calories burned during weight training? I usually do about 60 minutes of weight lifting, and then 30 minutes of cardio.
More or less. EasyDietDiary seems to just list weight under/as gym work
8700 lists weight lifting, but I can't see a way of entering what weight, and then an entry for duration. ie Weight lifting for 1 hour would use 2466 Kj.
So, I'd say not in a precise manner.

More or less. EasyDietDiary seems to just list weight under/as gym work
8700 lists weight lifting, but I can't see a way of entering what weight, and then an entry for duration. ie Weight lifting for 1 hour would use 2466 Kj.
So, I'd say not in a precise manner.

Yeah, I was thinking it would be kind of impossible to get an accurate measurement for weight lifting. I would think certain muscles will give more results than others, but still important to work all muscles. Usually I focus on 1 to 2 muscles each time I'm at the gym, so I would imagine leg day would burn more calories than arm day. Plus the type of reps I'm doing would also factor in, and how heavy I'm lifting. Sometimes I lift heavy with low reps, and sometimes I lift a little lighter with high reps. I'd be curious how different reps and weight compares, but I think that would be hard to calculate.

I found this :
One joule in everyday life represents approximately:the energy required to lift a small apple (with a mass of approximately 100 g) vertically through one metre of air.
(from an article on Wikipedia).
I am assuming that this takes place in 1 second.
But straight away, what does a small apple weigh, and how big is small?
So I think an average is about the best we can expect.

I found this :
(from an article on Wikipedia).
I am assuming that this takes place in 1 second.
But straight away, what does a small apple weigh, and how big is small?
So I think an average is about the best we can expect.

Haha exactly. What does a small apple weigh? How big is small? What's the elevation where the apple is being lifted? Is it a windy day? Is the weight of my arm being factored in? Based on information LS provided would I burn more energy lifting this small apple while taking a cold shower? So many things to consider. :)

Is soup okay for weight loss?

Here are a couple of soups that are sure to help you lose weight.

In Shanghai, China, you can have Deer Placenta Soup that will help you in bed, your kidneys, skin and vitality. I am starting to see a trend here. The soup is made from mushrooms, flowers, black chicken (must be where the black testicles come from) and deer tendon in a broth. While the soup actually sounds good, the placenta is elastic making it chewy when eating it. If you do not know exactly what a placenta is, here is the definition to make it even more appetizing. The sac-shaped organ that attaches the embryo or fetus to the uterus during pregnancy in most mammals. Blood flows between mother and fetus through the placenta, supplying oxygen and nutrients to the fetus and carrying away fetal waste products. The placenta is expelled after birth.

uploadfromtaptalk1414700444734.jpg

This next soup would not be so bad if they would at least take the fuzzy fur off the bat. In the islands of Palau, this soup is again a delicacy in town. Although I am starting to think many of these “delicacies” came from unknowing tourists willing to try anything. The island has two types of bats, the insect eating and the large fruit bats. The latter are cooked in coconut milk, ginger, spices and boiled for several hours. At some restaurants, the customer is able to choose his or her bat before cooking it alive in boiling water. Many people who have tried the soup stated it is delicious, although having a furry rodent like head staring at you can be unsettling.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414700483755.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414700483755.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 6
Is soup okay for weight loss? My friend says stay away from it because it has lots of sodium and sodium will make the body retain water.

Follow the health laws: NEW START

N - Nutrition - Eat wholesome foods, vegetables, grains etc.. (Dan 1:12, Gen 2:29)
E - Exercise - burns those calories, increases metabolism (light walking for 30 - 60 mins is fine) (Gen 3:19)
W - Water - Cleanses the body

S - Sunlight - Creates vitamin D
T - Temperance - (Abstain from bad foods and eat good food in moderation) (Phil 3:19, 1 cor 6:19,20, 2 Pet 1:6)
A - Air - keep a ventilated house, take deep breaths (open windows)
R - Rest - Get a good nights rest, sleep early. Body burns many calories during sleep (Exo 16:30, Exo 20:8-11, Gen 2:1- 3)
T - Trust in God - Strong prayer life, reduces stress and anxiety.

God Bless,

MoG

Last edited:
Follow the health laws: NEW START

N - Nutrition - Eat wholesome foods, vegetables, grains etc.. (Dan 1:12, Gen 2:29)
E - Exercise - burns those calories, increases metabolism (light walking for 30 - 60 mins is fine) (Gen 3:19)
W - Water - Cleanses the body

S - Sunlight - Creates vitamin D
T - Temperance - (Abstain from bad foods and eat good food in moderation) (Phil 3:19, 1 cor 6:19,20, 2 Pet 1:6)
A - Air - keep a ventilated house, take deep breaths (open windows)
R - Rest - Get a good nights rest, sleep early. Body burns many calories during sleep (Exo 16:30, Exo 20:8-11, Gen 2:1- 3)
T - Trust in God - Strong prayer life, reduces stress and anxiety.

God Bless,

MoG
Bam. This kid knows what he's talking about.

Here are a couple of soups that are sure to help you lose weight.
bat. In the islands of Palau,

Eating fruit bats from any part of Polynesia is a good way to ruin your health. When in season, fruit bats eat the seed coat off of Cycad seeds.
Cycad seeds coats contain a alkaloid compound called Cycasin which causes symptoms very much like Alzheimer's.
So, if you like brain damage, eat fruit bats. Oh, yes, and the fruit bats in Africa carry Ebola.

Woohoo! I love this kind of stuff!

Been really into health for the past four years and have lost 80 pounds and becoming a fitness life coach.

Soup is not necessarily bad. There are soups out there that are not high in sodium and whatnot. I would stay away from creamy soups.

Here are some healthy soups that I try to eat when I'm in the mood for a soup :)

Mushroom and Barely Soup
- This recipe is low in calories and loaded with vegetables! Will fill you up :)

2 tbsp. olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
3 c. mushrooms, sliced
3 cans low-sodium vegetable broth
1 c. barley, cooked
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion and carrots, cooking until soft. Add mushrooms and cook until soft. Then add vegetable broth and barley, simmering for 10 minutes. Stir until mixture is blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Lumberjackie Soup
This soup is vegan. It's loaded with veggies, antioxidants, and minerals. :D

7 1/2 cups chopped rutabaga
6 cups chopped carrots
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
1 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms
18 cups water
2 cups cooked chickpeas (roast for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees)
5 teaspoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons black pepper
1 cup organic Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon sea salt
2 low-sodium vegetable bullion cubes
6 cups fresh spinach

Directions:
Place all ingredients except spinach in a slow cooker. Cook for approximately 6 hours until rutabaga and carrots are soft. Add spinach, allow to cook down, and stir to incorporate into soup.

Creamy Carrot and Tomato Soup
This is not a hot soup, but cold.

Ingredients:
1 lb. carrots, peeled and sliced
2 c. vegetable stock
1/2 c. celery, chopped
1 c. yellow onion, chopped
1 1/2 lb. tomato, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. garlic, chopped

Directions:
Heat oil in a pot, and cook garlic, onion, celery and carrots over medium heat until they are soft. Add the tomatoes and vegetable stock, and simmer for 15 minutes. Pour the mixture into a blender and puree until smith. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Chicken, zucchini and potato soup.

2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cut into inch square pieces
2 lbs. chicken breast
2 lbs. zucchini, cut into inch square pieces
2 med. onions, chopped
5 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tbsp. per serving unsweetened Greek yogurt (optional)

Directions:
Place all ingredients into a crock pot, layering potatoes first, then chicken, followed by zucchini and onions last. Pour in low sodium chicken broth, and sprinkle nutmeg on top. Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low heat. After cooking, shred chicken with a fork. When ready to serve, add a tablespoon of unsweetened Greek yogurt to each bowl and enjoy.

Makes 8-10 servings.

Homemade Tomato Soup
This is healthier than canned tomato soup.

Ingredients:
6 vine ripe tomatoes
2 med. red peppers
1 med. onion
Olive oil
2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
2 boxes organic vegetable broth

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice tomatoes in half and remove all seeds. Slice and roughly chop the red peppers into large pieces. Quarter the onion. Place all the vegetables, keeping tomatoes cut side up, on a baking sheet. Drizzle everything with olive oil and cover with fresh thyme sprigs. Roast in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. A few minutes before the vegetables finish in the oven, bring a large pot to medium heat. Once the vegetables finish, add the can of tomato paste and the roasted vegetables. Remove the thyme from the sprigs. Add it to the pot along with the minced garlic. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Then, reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes. Once the soup has simmered for thirty minutes, remove from the heat and use an immersion blender to blend to an even, smooth consistency. If you do not have an immersion blender, ladle the soup 2-3 c. at a time into a blender. Blend until smooth and repeat as necessary.

Makes 8 servings.

Home made soup is the only way to go. Indeed it is soup season :)

Eating fruit bats from any part of Polynesia is a good way to ruin your health. When in season, fruit bats eat the seed coat off of Cycad seeds.
Cycad seeds coats contain a alkaloid compound called Cycasin which causes symptoms very much like Alzheimer's.
So, if you like brain damage, eat fruit bats. Oh, yes, and the fruit bats in Africa carry Ebola.
But the main question is, is it low carb? :)

Lately I've been incorporating more cottage cheese into my diet and less meat. I've noticed more energy and definition. Cottage cheese is a really good source of protein.

Yesterday I incorporated 16 ounce ice coffee with two pumps of vanilla, cake, ice cream, lasagna, chips, guacamole, salsa, glazed donut, two bites of a breakfast croissant sandwich, broccoli and carrots with ranch dip, 1 hot link, 1 bite each of two different Mac n cheeses, and 1 bite of potato salad. Then for dinner I had Mongolian BBQ at a buffet. For dessert I went to a coffee shop and had a large chai tea latte... I don't know what's wrong with me. I guess my excuse is that it was my brothers birthday, and I decided to celebrate with and without him.

Yesterday I incorporated 16 ounce ice coffee with two pumps of vanilla, cake, ice cream, lasagna, chips, guacamole, salsa, glazed donut, two bites of a breakfast croissant sandwich, broccoli and carrots with ranch dip, 1 hot link, 1 bite each of two different Mac n cheeses, and 1 bite of potato salad. Then for dinner I had Mongolian BBQ at a buffet. For dessert I went to a coffee shop and had a large chai tea latte... I don't know what's wrong with me. I guess my excuse is that it was my brothers birthday, and I decided to celebrate with and without him.

What a feast! :p
It really reminds me of this...
ItStartedOutWithAKiss.jpg

Back