Weird Communion

At communion since I have converted I have had trouble at communion. When I would go to take it the person wouldn't hand it to me and I had to stand there and then leave. This has happened at a few churches and I left them. At the current church I go to, I thought the Lord wanted me to go there so at communion I just take it from his hand so I don't have to leave.

At communion since I have converted I have had trouble at communion. When I would go to take it the person wouldn't hand it to me and I had to stand there and then leave. This has happened at a few churches and I left them. At the current church I go to, I thought the Lord wanted me to go there so at communion I just take it from his hand so I don't have to leave.

What sort of church are you attending -- denominational wise?

You do not need to go to a building to have communion. I buy matza bread (unleavened) and red wine. I recognize the Lord's work and thank Him for it.

1 Corinthians 11:26 (KJV)
For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Right now I'm at a Lutheran church. This happens at different churches too though, it's happening at a few different ones.

You do not need to go to a building to have communion. I buy matza bread (unleavened) and red wine. I recognize the Lord's work and thank Him for it.

1 Corinthians 11:26 (KJV)
For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

I have been watching Christ and believed I received his body and blood directly through it. I wondered when they were giving communion if it was at a time when Christ wasn't around so it wasn't the right blood and so I wasn't allowed to take it.

I have been watching Christ and believed I received his body and blood directly through it. I wondered when they were giving communion if it was at a time when Christ wasn't around so it wasn't the right blood and so I wasn't allowed to take it.

It sounds as if you definitely need to talk to someone at your church, about the meaning of communion so you will not be participating in something you do not understand.

I can help a little bit, I am the organist in a Lutheran church. In the church I play for they practice "closed communion" meaning you have to be a member to take communion there. But they tell people who are not members to feel free to go up to receive a blessing. The way to indicate you'd like a blessing is to fold your arms over your chest. The others I assume receive it because they are known members. Maybe you are an unknown entity to them and they're not sure whether to administer to you. I think you need to speak to someone there.

I can help a little bit, I am the organist in a Lutheran church. In the church I play for they practice "closed communion" meaning you have to be a member to take communion there. But they tell people who are not members to feel free to go up to receive a blessing. The way to indicate you'd like a blessing is to fold your arms over your chest. The others I assume receive it because they are known members. Maybe you are an unknown entity to them and they're not sure whether to administer to you. I think you need to speak to someone there.

Good advice, PeaceLikeaRiver, and I didn't know that some churches only administer communion to members.

"When ye come together therefore into one place, [this] is not to eat the Lord's supper. For in eating every one taketh before [other] his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise [you] not. For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the [same] night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake [it], and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also [he took] the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink [it], in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink [this] cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of [that] bread, and drink of [that] cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many [are] weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come."

1 Corinthians 11:20-34

"When ye come together therefore into one place, [this] is not to eat the Lord's supper. For in eating every one taketh before [other] his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise [you] not. For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the [same] night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake [it], and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also [he took] the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink [it], in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink [this] cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of [that] bread, and drink of [that] cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many [are] weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come."

1 Corinthians 11:20-34
Can you explain what you mean by this scripture post?

Back