What Are The Criteria

Jesus Freak

Previously DanaCovert68
What are the criteria for getting a thread locked? I ask because in the last month or so , I've been seeing lots of them get locked , with the mods saying,"Enough" or explaining something about it. So, just curious.

I will close a thread when I see the posts going in circles or not reaching some sort of agreement. This is common in the case of oft discussed topics.

I will also close a thread which is becoming heated in the posts and I feel un-Christian like conduct has taken over. That's when I will post enough.

I haven't used this more than once or twice in recent times, but I have outright deleted threads which were direct attacks. The originators of those threads were banned.

Please remember the rules:
Unacceptable posts
Rule 3.0 Disruptions to the friendly environment at CFS by anyone will not be tolerated. When discussing any topic, please bear in mind the words of Paul in Romans 14

1 Accept other believers who are weak in faith, and don’t argue with them about what they think is right or wrong.
2 For instance, one person believes it’s all right to eat anything. But another believer with a sensitive conscience will eat only vegetables.
3 Those who feel free to eat anything must not look down on those who don’t. And those who don’t eat certain foods must not condemn those who do, for God has accepted them.
4 Who are you to condemn someone else’s servants? They are responsible to the Lord, so let Him judge whether they are right or wrong. And with the Lord’s help, they will do what is right and will receive His approval.
12 Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God.
13 So let’s stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.
22 You may believe there’s nothing wrong with what you are doing, but keep it between yourself and God. Blessed are those who don’t feel guilty for doing something they have decided is right.

Rule 3.1 Members may not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, demeaning, threatening, repeated in many posting areas (spam) or otherwise violative of any laws. Such posts will be deleted and the Member warned or banned.

Rule 3.2 Members may not post inflammatory remarks simply for the purpose of evoking reaction or starting fights with other Members, or promote a spirit of divisiveness in the community. Such posts will be deleted and the Member warned or banned.

3.2a Certain topics have always sparked heated arguments and will be monitored by Forum Staff. Warnings and or restrictions will be issued at the discretion of Forum Staff.

3.2b ChristianForumSite.com has a wide variety of members from around the World. This Forum does not allow the elevation of one Christian belief system over another. This is demeaning and belittling the beliefs of other Christians while promoting another system so as to create an atmosphere of superiority. Any such posts or threads will be removed and a reminder, warning or ban issued as necessary.

3.2c Any discussions about any individual teacher/preacher/pastor/minister/evangelist/media personality, etc., will be closely monitored. Any claims that a named person teaches or supports false doctrine MUST be well documented. Unsubstantiated claims, rumors or hearsay will not be allowed. Any such posts or threads will be removed and a reminder, warning or ban issued as necessary.
And:
Rule 1.2 This is a strictly Moderated forum. The owners and staff of Christian Forum Site reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. (Note: Staff includes Administrator, Moderators and Helpers)
We're not as strict as we could be.

You can't always be here to moderate the I'm sure over 100,000 threads that are on here. It would be a 24/7/365,366 job. You would have to quit your day job to do that. Lol. But we need to be nice to each other, which God wants.

You can't always be here to moderate the I'm sure over 100,000 threads that are on here. It would be a 24/7/365,366 job. You would have to quit your day job to do that. Lol. But we need to be nice to each other, which God wants.
Yes, that's why we rely on our Members to report posts they see as violations. This brings it directly to our attention.

I will close a thread when I see the posts going in circles or not reaching some sort of agreement. This is common in the case of oft discussed topics.

I will also close a thread which is becoming heated in the posts and I feel un-Christian like conduct has taken over. That's when I will post enough.

I haven't used this more than once or twice in recent times, but I have outright deleted threads which were direct attacks. The originators of those threads were banned.

Please remember the rules:
And:We're not as strict as we could be.

And may I add that you are doing a great job in an impossible position! I for one appreciate what you do and the time you spend doing it.

Major says.......thanks!

And may I add that you are doing a great job in an impossible position! I for one appreciate what you do and the time you spend doing it.

Major says.......thanks!

Merci beaucoup/ thank you from at least the bottom of my heart too.

Back