What are the limits to Forgiveness?

If a Satanist has renounced God, is it possible for him/her to become a Christian again? If so will it require a second Baptism?

If a Satanist has renounced God, is it possible for him/her to become a Christian again? If so will it require a second Baptism?
Of course one can become a Christian, but that's not the same as accepting Christ or even feeling sorry for having sinned.

The real question is can one turn one's life over to Christ and will Christ accept this? I suppose yes, maybe...

I remember reading somewhere in the Bible, a warning about renouncing his name.

Hello CapeCodder;

It's a thought, but no, brother. Satan at one time had his chance, so to speak. His fall and banishment from heaven is not irrevocable. He cannot reverse what is written and will not repent and turn back to honoring God.

Ezekiel 28:14-16, 14 You were an anointed guardian cherub. I placed you; you were on the holy mountain of God; in the midst of the stones of fire you walked. 15 You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created, till unrighteousness was found in you. 16 In the abundance of your trade you were filled with violence in your midst, and you sinned; so I cast you as a profane thing from the mountain of God, and I destroyed you, O guardian cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. - ESV

God bless you, CapeCodder, and your family.

Bob

Hello CapeCodder;

It's a thought, but no, brother. Satan at one time had his chance, so to speak. His fall and banishment from heaven is not irrevocable. He cannot reverse what is written and will not repent and turn back to honoring God.

Ezekiel 28:14-16, 14 You were an anointed guardian cherub. I placed you; you were on the holy mountain of God; in the midst of the stones of fire you walked. 15 You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created, till unrighteousness was found in you. 16 In the abundance of your trade you were filled with violence in your midst, and you sinned; so I cast you as a profane thing from the mountain of God, and I destroyed you, O guardian cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. - ESV

God bless you, CapeCodder, and your family.

Bob
I'm not talking about Satan himself, but a Christian who loses their faith, turns to Satanism and eventually back to Christianity. So it's a massive falling away, then a return. Would they need to get Baptized again? Or simply repent?

I'm not talking about Satan himself, but a Christian who loses their faith, turns to Satanism and eventually back to Christianity. So it's a massive falling away, then a return. Would they need to get Baptized again? Or simply repent?

Ooops! I thought you were specifically referring to that punk the devil.

Then yes, a Christian who renounces God always has the opportunity to repent from their heart but another Baptism is not required.

Yes, I have done Baptisms to those who requested to be baptised again but I always explaine, first, that the first time is an adequate public witness of following Christ.
I do know this... however... I was thinking of the satanist who has RETURNED to CHRIST... I think perhaps that public statement would be EXTRA important to them to make them "feel" cleansed... Not sure if that makes sense. Sometimes doing something AGAIN just seems the right thing to do. Just a random thought was all. HA

I do know this... however... I was thinking of the satanist who has RETURNED to CHRIST... I think perhaps that public statement would be EXTRA important to them to make them "feel" cleansed... Not sure if that makes sense. Sometimes doing something AGAIN just seems the right thing to do. Just a random thought was all. HA
Yeah I would think they would want to validate it within their own heart.

The depths of Gods love and forgiveness is deeper than the deepest sea. I think most of us were pagan worshippers before Christianity arrived . Even Rachel who had acquired Labans household idols in her little bag of goodies for her sojourn was guilty of that. God does often wink and is much patient with his children.

Last edited:
The depths of Gods love and forgiveness is deeper than the deepest sea. I think most of us were pagan worshippers before Christianity arrived . Even Rachel who had acquired Labans household idols in her little bag of goodies for her sojourn was guilty of that. God does often wink and is much patient with his children.
Neo Paganism is mostly environmentalists that meditate, yeah it's occult according to the Bible but they're really mostly concerned with the destruction of forests etc.. I don't lump it in with dark magic practitioners.

Neo Paganism is mostly environmentalists that meditate, yeah it's occult according to the Bible but they're really mostly concerned with the destruction of forests etc.. I don't lump it in with dark magic practitioners.
Cape paganism goes under a multitude of names you single out Neo paganism as being less potent, and being more concerned with environmental issues with the preservation of Mother Nature. That they do. But they also hold to a belief of becoming one with the earth and the universe In the oneness of the earth goddess mother Gaia. I know their beliefs well enough wiliest upon naturist treks amongst nature our paths do sometimes meet. . Yes more peaceful and environmentally friendly but still paganism nether the less.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the Prodigal Son.

He came back to his father but at no time was he not the fathers son no matter where he was or the condition that he was in.

There is NO need to be baptized as there is no salvation in the baptism event. Salvation is by believing upon the Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of ones sins.

Cape paganism goes under a multitude of names you single out Neo paganism as being less potent, and being more concerned with environmental issues with the preservation of Mother Nature. That they do. But they also hold to a belief of becoming one with the earth and the universe In the oneness of the earth goddess mother Gaia. I know their beliefs well enough wiliest upon naturist treks amongst nature our paths do sometimes meet. . Yes more peaceful and environmentally friendly but still paganism nether the less.

Good morning, CapeCodder and Prim90;

Neo Paganism?
Yes, those too have the opportunity to seek unlimited forgiveness from God. Any kind of violator that takes away God's glory is not given a consolation. God does not judge according to title but sees the sin exposed in each one of us. Be it a destroyer to the environment, robbing from a brother or sister, infidelity in secret or losing respect for human life.

I just recently repented of the "murderous thoughts" of imbedded hatred, anger, bitterness toward some of our national leaders. I cringe whenever I see one person on TV. I reasoned with God that it's important to know our current world events in order to pray for all situations. But He shows me there are other ways I can keep informed but in the meantime I keep the TV and social media off.

I don't give a thought about Neo Paganism but I had to deal with years of murderous thoughts of hatred toward national figures.

I thank God daily for His mercies, forgiveness, and redeeming grace.

God bless you, CapeCodder and Prim90.

Good morning, CapeCodder and Prim90;

Neo Paganism?
Yes, those too have the opportunity to seek unlimited forgiveness from God. Any kind of violator that takes away God's glory is not given a consolation. God does not judge according to title but sees the sin exposed in each one of us. Be it a destroyer to the environment, robbing from a brother or sister, infidelity in secret or losing respect for human life.

I just recently repented of the "murderous thoughts" of imbedded hatred, anger, bitterness toward some of our national leaders. I cringe whenever I see one person on TV. I reasoned with God that it's important to know our current world events in order to pray for all situations. But He shows me there are other ways I can keep informed but in the meantime I keep the TV and social media off.

I don't give a thought about Neo Paganism but I had to deal with years of murderous thoughts of hatred toward national figures.

I thank God daily for His mercies, forgiveness, and redeeming grace.

God bless you, CapeCodder and Prim90.
Bob Hatred is not always bad. There be a godly hatred that brings forth righteousness. As to politics it be a necessary function throughout the world. It is not wrong to hate those who seek to take away our rights and freedoms in the political arena The continuing battle between Light and darkness is ever before us. May you learn to hate again soon ❤️👩‍🏭

Bob Hatred is not always bad. There be a godly hatred that brings forth righteousness. As to politics it be a necessary function throughout the world. It is not wrong to hate those who seek to take away our rights and freedoms in the political arena The continuing battle between Light and darkness is ever before us. May you learn to hate again soon ❤️👩‍🏭

Hello Prim90;

The operations of politics, institutions or the hatred of sin is not the hatred I'm talking about, sister. I'm referring to hatred toward a human being.

God bless you, sister. 😎👍

Hello Prim90;

The operations of politics, institutions or the hatred of sin is not the hatred I'm talking about, sister. I'm referring to hatred toward a human being.

God bless you, sister. 😎👍
Bob though no political system be perfect. Still it be precisely that with certain humans with all the malignantly & evil that want to overthrow our way of life including any authority or dominion from God. I have no problems hating such people. But if you want to cuddle up to a crocodile and say I forgive I love you. I’m not so sure how that would work out : )

Hatred is a dangerous emotion. You're wrong if you think you can hate safely.
Learning to let go there be many feeling we experience in life be it love, happiness, the feeling of self preservation when you suddenly learn of the pain of putting your finger on a hot stove. There also be a time for hatred and a time to kill for those who would do harm to us darkness will always be darkness until it is permanently put to rest by the Lord

Back