What are the powers of satan and demons

For those more knowledgeable, what are the powers of Satan and demos?
IE, can they take on a human form? Do you believe that we still have demon possessions ongoing?

Thanks

IE, can they take on a human form? Do you believe that we still have demon possessions ongoing?

Thanks

Of course there are still cases of demonic possession, in fact the numbers are growing because of the increase in new age and occult practices.

Temptation is, however, the most frequent type of demonic activity.

Our Lord Jesus crushed the enemy when He died on the Cross for us but there are still many souls going to hell because we are weak, stupid and yield to temptation.

Through the lust of the flesh and the pride of life, we are yielding to the devil and sin abounds; we are told to deny the flesh and seek ye the Kingdom of God, first. He will meet all our needs. Amen to the great I AM. Amen. We are told to be ye seperate from this world, be in it but not of it. Don't do what it does. Amen. We are told we should. care nothing for our lives, what to eat or drink or wear, God knows we have need of these things. We are told what meat to seek. Trust in Him, only Him. Amen

If we will recognize what We should be doing, bless God we know we are blessed and highly favored of God and walk in the Spirit, for our confidence is in the Lord. Amen

Thanks

I am replying not because I am more knowledgeable than you, but because I have recently been studying Jesus' word concerning Scripture about satan. My reply is in response to satan's power.

Don Stewart's What Is the Extent of Satan's Power has been helpful. Briefly, Don lists Scriptures that point out what power satan has and does not have. satan can only exercise any type of power with Jesus' permission. Don also provides Scriptures that confirm how believers are protected by the Holy Spirit from satan. The way I see it, satan is busy asking Jesus for permission to cause chaos and harm to humans and creation because of the many powers he does not have at all.

The more mature we become as believers and when we pray not to enter into temptation, we experience the fruit of this Scripture.

Be subject therefore unto God; but resist the Devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7)

https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_90.cfm

I am replying not because I am more knowledgeable than you, but because I have recently been studying Jesus' word concerning Scripture about satan. My reply is in response to satan's power.

Don Stewart's What Is the Extent of Satan's Power has been helpful. Briefly, Don lists Scriptures that point out what power satan has and does not have. satan can only exercise any type of power with Jesus' permission. Don also provides Scriptures that confirm how believers are protected by the Holy Spirit from satan. The way I see it, satan is busy asking Jesus for permission to cause chaos and harm to humans and creation because of the many powers he does not have at all.

The more mature we become as believers and when we pray not to enter into temptation, we experience the fruit of this Scripture.

Be subject therefore unto God; but resist the Devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7)

I agree. In the book of Job, Satan had to get permission from God before he could do anything to Job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks
His power was because Adam sinned. God gave Adam everything, Genesis 1:26-28. The devil was more subtil and caused them to sin, Genesis 3:1-7, Galatians 1:4, 2 Corinthians 4:4, John 5:19, Ephesians 2:2. Jesus defeated Satan but because of free will, Jesus lets the devil continue until the end as His Kingdom is not of this fallen world, John 18:36, 1 Peter 5:8, Job 2:1-2. And when the seventh angel sounds, the earth will be solely the Lord's, Revelation 11:15.

I urge you to rethink what Don teaches and find some truth in God's word.

The devil our enemy is Not asking Jesus permission any more. Further more Jesus would not give satan permission for anything. The devil is not walking around like one reads say in job. No! Not since the Cross !!!

The devil Needs Our Permission.
We as believers have to give satan an Avenue or way into our lives.

We do this by not doing as God's written word says. Worry and fear and doubt are as an Avenue But our own words are an even bigger door if our words do not line up with the written word of God.

Simply praying to not enter into temptation does not keep a believer safe from temptation. Nope it is the action or choice of the believer to give in or not give in.

Blessings
FCJ

Thanks

Satan and demons cannot take on a human form. They are like a parasite needing a bodily host to function in the earth. They have no power over us except what we give them. And is the reason why it is so vitally important that a believer knows what his/her authority is in Christ, here on this earth.

They can haunt you and they use fear and intimidation to get us to bend to their ways and will, but when it all comes down to it....if you resist the devil and all his imps and shenanigans and draw close to God, they have to flee. We have God's Word or promise on that. If we open our mouths and speak what negativity the devil is putting in our thoughts, then an imp will be assigned to you to harass you till you either give in or you put your foot down and say no, I choose God's truth and ways...but this is where having done all to stand you should have your armor on (Ephesians 6). And you stand strong fighting the good fight of faith.

Here is a link to a video of the authority of the believer if your interested.

God bless you abundantly with grace and peace.

I urge you to rethink what Don teaches and find some truth in God's word.

The devil our enemy is Not asking Jesus permission any more. Further more Jesus would not give satan permission for anything. The devil is not walking around like one reads say in job. No! Not since the Cross !!!

The devil Needs Our Permission.
We as believers have to give satan an Avenue or way into our lives.

We do this by not doing as God's written word says. Worry and fear and doubt are as an Avenue But our own words are an even bigger door if our words do not line up with the written word of God.

Simply praying to not enter into temptation does not keep a believer safe from temptation. Nope it is the action or choice of the believer to give in or not give in.

Blessings
FCJ

I would like to discuss Scripture concerning this topic. I am not replying because I want to defend someone else's teaching style. I want to hear what you and others who disagree with Don have to say. If you are willing and can reply by showing how Don's Scriptural examples are incorrect. As you made claims but are not offering Scripture to correct Don's claims. I am defiantly not saying you are wrong and he is right.

On a side discussion, I do not accept that I simply pray for anything. I respect that Jesus said to Peter in a time of suffering, "pray that you do not enter into temptation--and what that core context is about! The Triune God is my only provider. Also, I loath satan and I confess and discuss with Jesus my accountability for my sins.

Don used Scripture to give examples of how satan is a created being and not opppsite of our Triune God. Don used Scripture to provide examples of satan asking our Triune God for permission per example using Scripture. Don also said Jesus freed believers from satan's authority ( Acts 26:18 ).

Acts 26:18

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

You stated Jesus would not give satan permission for anything. If I understood you correctly. It seems to me in Scripture in the OT prophets books and Revelation, Satan has to appear before our Triune God and ask to do this and that.

Last edited:
I want to add I may not have been clear in one of my statements. I said I do not simply pray to Jesus for anything. To be clear, I do not just simply pray for those things I petition for or offer as intercession for --under the direction of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit does not simply lead me.

Hi Sister ozarks,
First of all please see that I did not claim Don is wrong but I did say I urge you to rethink what he said and find some truth in God's Word or another words spend some time in His word looking for truth on what you wrote.

OK now let's look at One thing at a time.

You said that Don says satan must ask God's permission to attack us.

Your words are

This is O.T before the cross and Satan's defeat.

The devil no longer roams in Heaven or ask Jesus permission for anything. Those days ended after the cross when Jesus had fully paid our depth in hell and the Spirit of God went back into Jesus He arose and defeated Satan and death. Heaven was cleansed with the blood of Jesus.

As far as a believer goes we have been given authority over the devil and yet we also can open a door or give the devil a shot at us that he did not legally have.

Now then if you feel I am speaking incorrectly then I hope that you will correct me with God's word. ;)
Shoot I don't know it all.
Thank you for replying and am looking forward to more fellowship.
Blessings
FCJ

Hi Sister ozarks,
First of all please see that I did not claim Don is wrong but I did say I urge you to rethink what he said and find some truth in God's Word or another words spend some time in His word looking for truth on what you wrote.

OK now let's look at One thing at a time.

You said that Don says satan must ask God's permission to attack us.

Your words are

This is O.T before the cross and Satan's defeat.

The devil no longer roams in Heaven or ask Jesus permission for anything. Those days ended after the cross when Jesus had fully paid our depth in hell and the Spirit of God went back into Jesus He arose and defeated Satan and death. Heaven was cleansed with the blood of Jesus.

As far as a believer goes we have been given authority over the devil and yet we also can open a door or give the devil a shot at us that he did not legally have.

Now then if you feel I am speaking incorrectly then I hope that you will correct me with God's word. ;)
Shoot I don't know it all.
Thank you for replying and am looking forward to more fellowship.
Blessings
FCJ

Nope. I don't think you are incorrect. But I do have questions. I think you are careful and I aim to be careful.

If satan does not have access to heaven, why is he being cast out of heaven during the end times? Why does Scripture mention satan accusing the brethren?

How is it possible for satan not to ask for permission to cause chaos and harm to humans and creation? He did not have the power to do so on his own before.

Revelation 12:10-12

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

satan is finally cast out of heaven.

He is about to go to earth and seek vengeance on Israel. Revelation 12:13-17

satan accuses the brethren day and night just like in the Book of Job and Zechariah 3:1.

Zechariah 3:1

And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him

Nope. I don't think you are incorrect. But I do have questions. I think you are careful and I aim to be careful.

If satan does not have access to heaven, why is he being cast out of heaven during the end times? Why does Scripture mention satan accusing the brethren?

How is it possible for satan not to ask for permission to cause chaos and harm to humans and creation? He did not have the power to do so on his own before.

Revelation 12:10-12

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

satan is finally cast out of heaven.

He is about to go to earth and seek vengeance on Israel. Revelation 12:13-17

satan accuses the brethren day and night just like in the Book of Job and Zechariah 3:1.

Zechariah 3:1

And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him
Hi Ozarks,
I do not have time right at the moment to go into big detail but wanted to show you something in your questions.

You seem to be confusing things before the cross with things after the cross.

satan was cast out of heaven before Adam was even created. It was this first Adam that gave authority here on this earth to satan.

Now the second Adam which is Jesus took back the keys to death and stripped satan of his authority and power over us.

satan no longer stands before God seeking permission which God would not ever agree to any way.

Yes I know you are thinking about job and that is a highly debated area and will need to proceed there with caution. ( topic tends to cause arguments and that causes problems)

I know this is not a complete answer but I need to go for now.
Blessings my new friend. :)
FCJ

Glory day in the Lord Jesus,

The devil goes about seeking who he may devour. The devil is the Prince of the earth and the air.

So some are saying the devil doesn't ask permission anymore, that was before the cross. So that means God has changed also.

The devil didn't need Father's permission to infect me with what ever he injected into me, he just came and did it? Now I have something going on inside that wasn't there before.

Well lets have some truth; when we are disobedient to God we bring on our own destruction.
When we are disobedient, we opened the door for the devil to enter in and torment or infect.

I know for self, if I were a baby and reading through the thread I would be quiet confused and leave. Y'all really need some scripture to back up what you say. Sin and death has been locked up, but not the devil. He is still doing a most wonderful job at tormenting most of God's people because the devil and how to deal with him, the power and authority we have over him has not been taught but ignored.

Observe what is going on around you; actions, reactions, vocabulary...do You hear the language of God or the world?

Doubt, negativity, bitterness, hatred, deciet, gossips, backbiting, envy, jealousy...all characteristics of the devil.

It is not hard to discern the differences.

God is love, compassionate, kind and gentle, laying down his life for us and we have been ask to do the same for Him and eachother, least the Word lie, for no greater love does a man have then he that will lay down his life for a friend. Amen.

Jesus is my best friend. He is my forethought, and doing for Him, walking in His righteousness gives me heart to do for others also. Amen.

Maybe if we recognize the normal around us is the world, who serves the world and it's Prince, just maybe we might come to have Gods wisdom and understanding of how to be seperate from it; be in it, but not of it. Amen

The unity of this world and it's followers are rising strong; the Antichrist.
Many claiming to be Christian's are worldly supporters.

So chose this day which (one) you will serve and do it. For we can not serve both. If we are not for HIM, we are against HIM.

Now how can we say we are for God, But cater to the world's antichrist?
It is time to make a decision. Amen.

Thanks
I kind of agree with Ozark (Don) and yet also with what others have posted.

God put the devil on earth and keeps him here. God is in control of everything on the one hand (Rom 9). But on the other He is good (rest of scripture) and hence gives us true free will. It is with our free will that we can choose to follow in the devil's footsteps / give the devil power over us (possession and what not else). He is an intellgent creation as all angels are. We are created beneath them. So I imagine them being capable of very advanced science. The devil for example could probably have helped some twisted scientist invent the ebola virus. Improbable though as his focus is sin driven. He wants to see us hurt God by falling in love with sin / what He hates. He wants to destroy our souls.

If we fall in love with sin though we need to be cautious of him devouring us as 1 Pet 5:8 warns.

Last edited:
Back