What Are The Signs That I Have The Holy Spirit In Me?

I repent every sin and I believe in Jesus Christ, God and the Holy Spirit and I worship them, and I try not to sin, but I can't just stop sinning because I am a normal person and everybody sins...

But what are the signs that I have the Holy Spirit in me?

I mentioned once that I was baptized when I was a baby, and I always believed in Christian things, but because my parents didn't tell me about the sins a lot, I sinned and I didn't repent the sins I did when I was small. Then in 2012-2013 I was a witch, but then in 2013 I became a Christian again... And now I am very Christian. And the type of Christianity what I am is an Evangelical Lutheran.

Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Best sign right here. You asked your Father in Heaven (Must be a child of God first) then you asked Him for the Holy Spirit. What did Jesus say would happen after you asked?

Hey Polly, don't bother trying to stop sinning, in so far as you think by your own power and willpower will be able to stop. You couldn't stop before you came to Christ on your own, and so long as you keep trying on your own, you will never stop.

You need to receive deliverance from Jesus to break free, by the power of His anointing, which destroys the yoke and remove the burdens of the enemy. Just pray to receive deliverance from it from the Father in Jesus' name and confess that you receive it and that you have been delivered. Then thank the Father that you are not bound to that anymore and focus on living in Christ everyday, build up a righteousness consciousness instead of a sin-consciousness.
God says you're not supposed to have a consciousness of sins anymore, but of His righteousness in you. Focus on and declare that you are that from now one. 2 Cor 5:17-21

Hey Polly, don't bother trying to stop sinning, in so far as you think by your own power and willpower will be able to stop. You couldn't stop before you came to Christ on your own, and so long as you keep trying on your own, you will never stop.

You need to receive deliverance from Jesus to break free, by the power of His anointing, which destroys the yoke and remove the burdens of the enemy. Just pray to receive deliverance from it from the Father in Jesus' name and confess that you receive it and that you have been delivered. Then thank the Father that you are not bound to that anymore and focus on living in Christ everyday, build up a righteousness consciousness instead of a sin-consciousness.
God says you're not supposed to have a consciousness of sins anymore, but of His righteousness in you. Focus on and declare that you are that from now one. 2 Cor 5:17-21

But what does this all mean? I hope this doesn't mean that when I pray that, my romantic feelings will disappear for example?

I am just scared if God thinks my romantic feelings are wrong or sins, so I am scared that if I am free, that would mean that I am free from romantic feelings.
So would you rather be in sin or have God deliver you from it?

I repent every sin and I believe in Jesus Christ, God and the Holy Spirit and I worship them, and I try not to sin, but I can't just stop sinning because I am a normal person and everybody sins...

But what are the signs that I have the Holy Spirit in me?

I mentioned once that I was baptized when I was a baby, and I always believed in Christian things, but because my parents didn't tell me about the sins a lot, I sinned and I didn't repent the sins I did when I was small. Then in 2012-2013 I was a witch, but then in 2013 I became a Christian again... And now I am very Christian. And the type of Christianity what I am is an Evangelical Lutheran.

I think by the fruits..

Luke 6:43-45 ESV
“For no good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit, for each tree is known by its own fruit. For figs are not gathered from thornbushes, nor are grapes picked from a bramble bush. The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

I think by the fruits..

Luke 6:43-45 ESV
“For no good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit, for each tree is known by its own fruit. For figs are not gathered from thornbushes, nor are grapes picked from a bramble bush. The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

That would be the fruit of our heart or the center or man or the born again spirit. idle words are non working words in our heart, they just come out and show our true belief system. These heart words are what we have to give an account for. Jesus gave the same account in Matt 12.

The born again spirit, and God's seed remain in him would produce peace, joy, faithfullness, and so on.

Polly seems to have more issues than just this though.

What does deliverance and breaking free mean then? Does it mean that I will automatically stop sinning and stop wanting to sin because God will remove the ability of sinning from me? And does it mean that my romantic feelings for Severus will disappear forever?

Polly, I don't wish to add more confusion to your situation but maybe sitting down with a close friend and talking things through carefully would help.

At the risk of the wrath of this forum, I don't think that your fear of god is doing you any favours at all right now so perhaps concentrate on your positive feelings about your faith instead.

One of the hardest things that you will ever have to do in your walk with Jesus is to let God take control and guide you where He wills. Here's something that might help, Polly: If God removes your romantic feelings, you will not miss those feelings. God always turns the bad things in life into good things, and whether God removes your romantic feelings or leaves them be, that outcome will be the one that is best for you and for God, and you wouldn't need to feel bad about that.

You mentioned that you were baptized as a baby. I recommend being baptized again. I always believed that the purpose of baptism was a way of proclaiming your intentions to follow God with all of your heart, and a commitment to put aside your sin nature and to become what God wants you to be. That's my opinion, anyways.

Have a nice day, Polly =)

Okay. That sounds too scary for me. But then again, I might be wrong, because what if I am already delivered? I pray a lot of times the "Lord's Prayer" prayer, where it mentions to deliver from evil. Is that already good? I didn't ask for the Holy Spirit to come yet, but do I automatically have the Holy Spirit? And now I got an intuition about Jesus letting me love Severus... I hope I am not wrong about the intuition.

Okay. That sounds too scary for me. But then again, I might be wrong, because what if I am already delivered? I pray a lot of times the "Lord's Prayer" prayer, where it mentions to deliver from evil. Is that already good? I didn't ask for the Holy Spirit to come yet, but do I automatically have the Holy Spirit? And now I got an intuition about Jesus letting me love Severus... I hope I am not wrong about the intuition.

Instead of loving some old married guy who played a fictional character named Severus (Harry Potter) The Lord said he delights in truth.

3Jn 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

being a kid might have been great, make believe friends and things, but as a young women it's time to snap back to reality.

1Co_13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

As a young women, it's time to put away childish things.

Instead of loving some old married guy who played a fictional character named Severus (Harry Potter) The Lord said he delights in truth.

3 Jn 1:4/b> I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

being a kid might have been great, make believe friends and things, but as a young women it's time to snap back to reality.

1Co_13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

As a young women, it's time to put away childish things.

But it can't be a sin or a bad thing to love a movie character... I just don't want anyone else than just Severus. And I love Severus, not the actor, and there is a difference. Severus in the filmed and published Harry Potter movies is Severus, and Severus outside the movies is the actor. And this should make sense. Also, why would there be an age limit to love movie characters? That's not true. God doesn't force anyone to do things. We have free will.

Last edited:

But it can't be a sin or a bad thing to love a movie character... I just don't want anyone else than just Severus. And I love Severus, not the actor, and there is a difference. Severus in the filmed and published Harry Potter movies is Severus, and Severus outside the movies is the actor. And this should make sense. Also, why would there be an age limit to love movie characters? That's not true. God doesn't force anyone to do things. We have free will.

Your 18 Polly. It's time to start growing up. I gave you the scripture for that. Put away childish things. So God is not going to force you to do anything, but ignoring what He said is not going to work out well for you.

As children we have make believe things and make believe movie sets in our heads. As adults we put away childish things and focus on real things that matter.

Your not a kid anymore Polly.

Is this site actually a fundamentalist site, or why a lot of people here are so strict? Are you even priests any of you? I contacted another priest, and he said that my feelings for Severus are not any sin, and he also said that tulpae are not bad, as I mentioned that they are just manually created consciousnesses and awarenesses, and if tulpae have to be something, then just imaginary friends who have a sentience, feelings, and a physical form. But for me tulpae are real, but just not spirits or demons. If they are demons, something bad would happen to me already, the demons can't pretend to be good forever, they will eventually do bad things, and very soon as well. I have a Severus Snape tulpa, yes, and I will get soon married with my Severus tulpa when he gets visible, touchable, hearable, sensable, and feelable to me and to others as well. Trust me, priests know a lot of things, they are experts of religions.

Your 18 Polly. It's time to start growing up. I gave you the scripture for that. Put away childish things. So God is not going to force you to do anything, but ignoring what He said is not going to work out well for you.

As children we have make believe things and make believe movie sets in our heads. As adults we put away childish things and focus on real things that matter.

Your not a kid anymore Polly.

Well, it's not obligatory to put away children's things. I don't want to have a boring adult life. I want to be happy, energetic, and I like to look like an anime girl, and I like anime, Harry Potter series, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and Phineas and Ferb, and I love Severus Snape romantically. I don't need to be serious, not energetic, wear adult's clothes, and watch adult's movies and series like live action soap operas, news, documentaries etc.

Back