What are you known for?

I'm just going to go a touch further.

I think with my brothers and others, there is a strong feeling "That if the is what Christianity brings" that's all the more reason to avoid it. But I don't know how to break out of some things. Praying. begging, pleading, does not work.

I'll expand on this.
I hold seminars in the UK for other ministers etc. This is what people know me for, my teaching.
Being a minister, I of course am known locally etc, but people know me for my work, nothing more.

What about your pals? What do they know you for apart from your vocation?

What about your pals? What do they know you for apart from your vocation?
A lot of my friends are in the army or are miles away.
I suppose they remember me as the old fashioned kinda guy.
I am very traditional and that seems to stick.

Opps. I'd let myself ramble in a post...

Did you learn engineering in the army?
No, I learned a lot in my job and experience.
For the leisure industry we have to be very highly qualified so it's a lot of exams too.

This could also be said as - what legacy will you leave behind. What will people REMEMBER MOST about you? Did you Love as God loves ? Were you merciful and giving? What if any fruit of the spirit did others see in you?
These are the IMPORTANT THINGS for all the rest of this stuff will get burned with the rubble.

I know before I left fishing ( not a permanent thing ) if the word fishing was brought up by a group of guys my name came up quickly and if my name was brought up the conversation turned to fishing. I was told this over and over.

Now with that said I want to say this......... That in it's self is a worldy or worthy accomplishment or something to be proud of. A legacy left behind to behold to or learn from. Now if that is all I had or left then it would be simply a naked or empty shell of a life LIVED.

However God put this in me. The Blessing of the Lord taught me and continues to teach me.
In this area I also left a trail that sings out- Cap, he would give you his last lure if it would help you in the tournament. ( Love of God and Giving ) Take a ice cream bar and 2 dollars for gas for payment, so you can go out on a guided fishing trip. The love of God in me and they knew this was the reason.

I could go on but I believe you see where I am going with this. No matter what we are called to do - ther fruit of the spirit and the love of God SHOULD ALWAYS be seen and known and remembered in us.

Just as Brother @Fish_of_Faith is busy and known for his ministering position - he can be remembered as one who taught or preached that Jesus stuff - or Brother Fish can be remembered as a Minister who Loved God and people no matter what. He can be remembered as one who went out of his way to help you out and teach and so forth.

Now Brother Fish can not only leave this legacy with those of the Faith or brethren but also in ALL THOSE who came across his path in his part of this world. That in it's self is worth striving for. See when we are where God places us or calls us to be then it is our happy place and our place of growth and plenty. It is where His grace is for us ( i did not say we dont have grace any where else) But this Grace is where everything we shall ever have need of is already there waiting on us.

So just as important as it is to leave a good healthy legacy or a Godly what are we known for, it is just as vitally important to be and doing where and what God has called you to be and do.
Just sayen is all
God Bless
Jim

Last edited:
Just catching up this thread...

Thought and sceipture came to me that we shall know them by their fruits.

Fruits meaning fruits of the spirit of course!

There are 9 of them listed in Galatians. I suppose the one that decribes me most and others have commented on in church and outside of it is gentleness.

Some people are known for being lovely or loving.
Some are known for the joy they bring others.
Some are longsuffering.,,have gone through incredibly tough times but had the strength because they trust in God.
Some people are known as the peacemakers.
Some people are good sorts. They always do good deeds.
Some are meek, some are kind, unassuming, humble, or always saying kind things and have nurturing nature. . They always have friends whereever they go.
Some are temperant meaning incredibly disciplined and focused. They are the people who help others and warn them away from temptations by being a good example.
Some have incredible faith..and can make moutains move. These people are prayer warriors.

Just catching up this thread...

Thought and sceipture came to me that we shall know them by their fruits.

Fruits meaning fruits of the spirit of course!

There are 9 of them listed in Galatians. I suppose the one that decribes me most and others have commented on in church and outside of it is gentleness.

Some people are known for being lovely or loving.
Some are known for the joy they bring others.
Some are longsuffering.,,have gone through incredibly tough times but had the strength because they trust in God.
Some people are known as the peacemakers.
Some people are good sorts. They always do good deeds.
Some are meek, some are kind, unassuming, humble, or always saying kind things and have nurturing nature. . They always have friends whereever they go.
Some are temperant meaning incredibly disciplined and focused. They are the people who help others and warn them away from temptations by being a good example.
Some have incredible faith..and can make moutains move. These people are prayer warriors.

Exactly Lanolin,
What will people remember most about you - Godly or wordly....
That is the key point in all of this - nothing wrong with being remebered or known for your talents BUT they should take back seat to the Godly Fruit all should have.

Awesome thinking there Lanolin
Giod Bless
Jim

Back