What Are Your Plans for Christmas?

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hello brothers and sisters;

In amidst the ways of the world we also have an amidst of the heart of worship.

Back in September I encouraged my wife to pray with me as we celebrate the spirit of
Reason for the Season.

In amidst the ways of the world it's easy to make a list a mile long of everything that is wrong.

Instead, we prayed to God, and to our joy He revealed the list of everything of who He is, what is right and precedes first, which gives us Reason for the Season.

Luke 2:8-20, 8 And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with great fear. 10 And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.” 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”

15 When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.” 16 And they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger. 17 And when they saw it, they made known the saying that had been told them concerning this child. 18 And all who heard it wondered at what the shepherds told them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart. 20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them.

We stayed within our plans and enjoyed Thanksgiving with our family, followed by our church Christmas party.

This Christmas we will enjoy being at home with our immediate family on December 25th celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior.

With that said, please share your plans for this year's Christmas celebration? What your plans are can be an inspiration to others.

God bless everyone and Merry Christmas.

Going to brothers house (about 20 minutes away by car) for family lunch. But I think I will be able to make it to church in the morning which I haven't been to all year thanks to lockdowns.

My brothers are not that great at hosting, to be honest. All they need to do is provide the kitchen and living room. But they don't really decorate or do anything much like have party favours or games or put on music.

I have to organise all the extra stuff otherwise its just people sitting round, talking, eating and drinking or trying to watch tv amidst all the noise (which you cannot do in a big family gathering). This is actually very boring if you are not an adult (or even if you are)!

I expect this is why adults often give children toys to play with on Christmas rather than organise games or fun things to do.

I'll give a list of party games you can do to celebrate Christmas.

- Pulling Christmas crackers (inside each is a bad joke and party hat)
- charades (easy and fun, and for the charades you can act out christmas carol titles)
- nativity play (for little kids, get all your stuffed animal toys, dollhouse, etc and enact the nativity using them)
- statues (an old favourite, put on christmas music, stop it at random to 'freeze' anyone that moves is 'out'
-blowing giant bubbles (need dishwashing liquid and bubble maker, like a rope wand)
- 'christmas king' this is a tradition where you hide a coin or an almond inside a baked cake (you bake it in) and the person who gets the piece in their slice is 'king for a day'.
-pass the parcel. You might have extra gifts like chocolates you can't eat all of them. Wrap them up and put a special treat as the last gift to unwrap, sit in a circle, put on music, each time the music stops the person with the parcel has to unwrap a layer. There might be a treat/gift in that layer.
-worst christmas sweater/jumper contest. Everyone comes dressed in their worst christmas threads. LIke your knitted jumper could have tinsel and reindeers on it.

I am working but I am going to my employers house on Christmas Day for dinner.
they are nice Christian people. very generous and kind.

its not the same as being with family, but still, I cannot complain😊
Very nice to hear this, Via dolarossa . I know that it will be a very special dinner indeed. 😇 Enjoy !!

Only part of our extended family will be able to have any gathering this year - second year in a row that 'certain restrictions' are causing issues for travel and family gatherings, but we will make the best of it. We will actually see part of the family in person this week and are looking forward to it, even though some of our loved ones will be absent. Phone calls are not the same, but will be treasured this year under the current 'circumstances.'

May God Bless us all at this very special time of the year and please accept my wishes for a very Merry Christmas, to everyone at CFS ✝️

1639954169457.gif

`

I will start (tomorrow) driving to and by spending a couple of days with my younger son. He will not really have much time to spend because he holds down two retail jobs, but my wife & I will make sure he doesn't feel cut off from his loved ones. We will be fixing him dinner on the evening he does have some time off.

After a couple of days we will be driving down to my older son and celebrating Christmas there.

I'm trying to organise a gift box delivery to my sis in London she'll be by herself but I've not done it before and this shop says they won't deliver before christmas. hmmm

I'm trying to organise a gift box delivery to my sis in London she'll be by herself but I've not done it before and this shop says they won't deliver before christmas. hmmm

I can't help but feel lonely for people who spend Christmas by themself. Of course I could spend it alone with Jesus and celebrate.

It's just that all my life I have been with loved ones on Christmas Eve and Christmas.

So when I hear of others sending a gift to a loved one who is by themself makes me feel blessed for them.

Happy Birthday, Jesus! 🙏

On the morning of the 23rd, the wife and I are headed to Washington, DC to spend Christmas with our oldest daughter. We will be back in Miami on the 29th and are both off until Jan 4th.

We will spend New Year's at home.

This all does come at a point where it appears that CIVID is making another run. Our numbers here in Miami are a bit crazy, with an average of around 1,600 new cases a day and a positivity of a little over 7%

Rtm

I am actually starting to regret the idea of traveling on the 23rd. The Miami Airport is saturated with travelers, there have actually been fist fights in the terminal, and this new version of Covid has taken us from a daily average of around 390 to 1600. The wife and I are all caught up on vaccines, but who needs the headache...

It's too late for us to change plans, but I suspect it will not be enjoyable travels. Looks like we need to show up 2.5 hours before the trip.

I like Christmas because almost everyone gets a day off work, the only other holiday that it's mandatory day off is Good Friday.

And it doesn't matter if you believe or not. If you DO work though, you will get paid extra. I know KFC is open on Christmas Day. lol
People make the effort to show goodwill on Christmas day, that they don't necessarily do any other time of the year.

Back