What could God be telling me?

What could God be telling me?

I’m not quite sure what God is trying to tell me with this one. I’ll try to keep it short.

Last Wednesday night, we had our first “soaking with God” night at Church. Just a few of us there. I got three visions and then a word.
The first vision… I saw the left side of an alligators head with his left eye blinking.
The second vision… I was standing in the kitchen of one of the houses for work. I saw one staff’s face, and then two other staff standing in the dining room.
The third vision… I saw a big wave. Probably 20’ high or so. Then there was a dragon flying over the wave as it moved across the water.

Then I asked God for some Scripture. I kept getting Leviticus 14. I asked if there was a verse, and I kept getting Leviticus 14... Leviticus 14. I read the whole chapter, but it just didn’t seem to fit anything.
The next day I saw one of the staff in my second vision at the house and told her of the visions and Scripture. I invited her to Church. It turns out she is friends with one of the ladies at Church. She ended up going to a corporate deliverance that Saturday. She got a lot of healing of past generational stuff.

Anyway, last night for the “soaking with God” night, the only thing I got was a vision of a thumb. I could see it as plain as day. I don’t know how or why, but I knew it was a right thumb. I didn’t know if it was mine or someone else’s. that’s it. When I got home I did a search and “thumb” is in 7 verses in the Bible and 4 of those verses are in Leviticus 14. Coincidence? I don’t think so either. I’m not very learned in the Old Testament. I’ve been going through chapter 14 and reading some commentaries, but I was hoping someone might have some insight on that chapter and specifically the thumb and it’s significance.

Thanks for your time.
God bless.
Dean

the first vision you seen was from God himself winking at you,the second vision was the low people serving you,the third vision you seen was the end of earth the dragon over a wave and then drowning.:)

Thanks for the input smellycat, but I don’t think God would represent Himself as an alligator. Satan is represented as a serpent in the Bible. A serpent is a reptile, and an alligator is a reptile.
And with the people I saw, they do a greater work than I do. With my position, I serve everyone else by fixing things, making things safer and more comfortable, etc.
As for the dragon and the wave. I’m thinking it has something to do with leviathan. He is associated with the water.

My main problem is, how does Leviticus 14 and then the vision of the thumb tie in with it all?

Still a little confused. :confused:
God bless
Dean

the old testament was God winking to you.the servents will be in hell.and the devil drowning is Jesus coming back.:D

My advice would be to find a spiritual adviser of some sort. Someone perhaps in a position of authority who has been a strong, orthodox Christian for many, many years.

Another bit of advice would be to not to go looking for visions, mystical events, and things of that nature. Although you seem to be doing it for the right reasons, uninvited things can happen, such as demonic spirits. The safest, and best thing to do is to not go searching for them, and if it's God's will, then He will allow these things to happen to you.

I have had an encounter at one time with them while I was praying. There was a type of demonic chanting. I was terrified and prayed the Angelic Salutation, and then it stopped. The next day, I sprinkled my room with Holy Water and it hasn't happened since. This was over 6 months ago.

You're in my prayers.

Christ is risen. Glorify Him!
Andrew

My advice would be to find a spiritual adviser of some sort. Someone perhaps in a position of authority who has been a strong, orthodox Christian for many, many years.

Another bit of advice would be to not to go looking for visions, mystical events, and things of that nature. Although you seem to be doing it for the right reasons, uninvited things can happen, such as demonic spirits. The safest, and best thing to do is to not go searching for them, and if it's God's will, then He will allow these things to happen to you.

I have had an encounter at one time with them while I was praying. There was a type of demonic chanting. I was terrified and prayed the Angelic Salutation, and then it stopped. The next day, I sprinkled my room with Holy Water and it hasn't happened since. This was over 6 months ago.

You're in my prayers.

Andrew

I thank you for your prayers.
And I do have a spiritual adviser, who is in a position of authority.
I don’t believe in the “orthodox” thing though. A born again Christian is a born again Christian. I like to stay with people who go directly from the Bible.

I don’t know why you would say not to look for visions though. Habakkuk said in 2:1 …and will watch to see what he will say unto me…
If he is going to “watch” and “see” what God will say unto him, he must be waiting for a vision.
Then in verse 2 the Lord answered him and said, …Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables…
So… he was waiting and watching for a vision, and God gave him a vision.

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

God said it’s going to happen, why not expect it? I get dreams and visions all the time. Very, very few have anything to do with the demonic. I really don’t have a problem with the visions, it is still Leviticus 14 that I am working on. That’s where I am looking for some advice. I would like a little more understanding on that chapter, and the thumb of the right hand and it’s significance.

God bless
Dean

I thank you for your prayers.
And I do have a spiritual adviser, who is in a position of authority.
I don’t believe in the “orthodox” thing though. A born again Christian is a born again Christian. I like to stay with people who go directly from the Bible.

I don’t know why you would say not to look for visions though. Habakkuk said in 2:1 …and will watch to see what he will say unto me…
If he is going to “watch” and “see” what God will say unto him, he must be waiting for a vision.
Then in verse 2 the Lord answered him and said, …Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables…
So… he was waiting and watching for a vision, and God gave him a vision.

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

God said it’s going to happen, why not expect it? I get dreams and visions all the time. Very, very few have anything to do with the demonic. I really don’t have a problem with the visions, it is still Leviticus 14 that I am working on. That’s where I am looking for some advice. I would like a little more understanding on that chapter, and the thumb of the right hand and it’s significance.

God bless
Dean

The word orthodox is nothing more than "right believing." What I meant by it, was don't get someone who believes in heresies or other things that are unChristian to be your spiritual adviser.

Also, in regards to what I meant by not going to look for mystical things to happen to you (i.e. visions, dreams, mystic happenings) is that they can very well can be disguises from the Devil. He is afterall, an "Angel of Light" and deceives many. I'm not saying that you aren't receiving visions from God, but I'm not saying that you are. The main idea is to be extremely careful and try to not go searching for things. Satan is out there to deceive and he will do it ever so subtly. My main suggestion is to just beware and tread with extreme caution.

Andrew

The word orthodox is nothing more than "right believing." What I meant by it, was don't get someone who believes in heresies or other things that are unChristian to be your spiritual adviser.

Also, in regards to what I meant by not going to look for mystical things to happen to you (i.e. visions, dreams, mystic happenings) is that they can very well can be disguises from the Devil. He is afterall, an "Angel of Light" and deceives many. I'm not saying that you aren't receiving visions from God, but I'm not saying that you are. The main idea is to be extremely careful and try to not go searching for things. Satan is out there to deceive and he will do it ever so subtly. My main suggestion is to just beware and tread with extreme caution.

Andrew

No need to be concerned. I’m actually on the Church schedule to teach a dream interpretation class next month. I’m learned enough to know when it is satan, but not naive enough to believe I can’t be deceived. I am always watching for satan and his little tricks.

I’ve always viewed orthodox as traditional. I still look at it as a label. I just don’t like labels, other than “Christian”, I like that label.

So… have you got anything on Leviticus 14?

No need to be concerned. I’m actually on the Church schedule to teach a dream interpretation class next month. I’m learned enough to know when it is satan, but not naive enough to believe I can’t be deceived. I am always watching for satan and his little tricks.

I’ve always viewed orthodox as traditional. I still look at it as a label. I just don’t like labels, other than “Christian”, I like that label.

May I ask is this part of the Toronto Blessing movement and what type of church teaches this soaking in the spirit? You also said you are scheduled to teach interpretation of dreams. Are you going to teach this from some book or from someone elses interpretation or your own?

You also said:
I like to stay with people who go directly from the Bible.

Can you direct me to some scripture that varifies this practice of soaking in the spirit? Just wondering?

May I ask is this part of the Toronto Blessing movement and what type of church teaches this soaking in the spirit? You also said you are scheduled to teach interpretation of dreams. Are you going to teach this from some book or from someone elses interpretation or your own?

Can you direct me to some scripture that varifies this practice of soaking in the spirit? Just wondering?

It is not part of the Toronto Blessing movement.
The “Soaking with God” is not a “teaching”. I never said it was a teaching.
What it is, is this.
Our Pastor will put a CD into her stereo. She has the music playing and she prays and listens to God. The music helps quiet her mind and it drowns out other noises like the neighbors, traffic, kids playing outside… I don’t think it’s unbiblical to listen to music while someone prays. What she is doing is opening her home to anyone who wants to join her. We just listen to music, pray, and listen for an answer from God. It’s not a teaching or a practice. It is just something she does and others are welcome to join her if they want.

As far as the teaching on dream interpretation, it won’t be from a book. The majority of my learning is from a man who had a dream interpretation ministry. He was doing it for 7 years, and has interpreted close to 5000 dreams, but recently God has told him he needs to move on to something else. All of his teachings were directly from the Bible. I won’t teach anything that I can’t verify with Scripture, and I’m sure you know that there is a lot about dreams and visions in the Bible, along with interpretations.

Now, once again… does anyone have anything on Leviticus 14? I’m just looking for some insight on that chapter and the significance of the thumb of the right hand.

Blessings to all
Dean

Hey Dean! I dont know too much about the Old Testament, or visions, but I can give you something that I heard recently and see if it has bearing on what you are looking for.
Leviticus 14 has to do with cleansing from leprosy, and the rituals required for that.
But if you will also note, the annointing of the priest also involves putting blood on the right ear, right thumb, and right big toe. Leviticus 8:24. I used to wonder why that was so important to do that.
What I heard recently was that these were symbolic of Jesus. When He was crucified, He had blood all over His ears (crown of thorns), all over His hands and feet (nails on the cross). The ritual was pointing to what would happen to our "Highest" Priest. Or, if you will, another evidence that Jesus is our High Priest, because He was "annointed" with blood on His ear, thumb and toe.
Now, just what this has to do with your vision, I dont know. That is something God will have to reveal to you.
Keep "soaking". To me, that is getting still before God and letting Him minister to you. Giving Him a chance to speak instead of coming to Him with our wish lists.

e-Sword

Dean, I took this from e-Sword. I don't know if it's what you're looking for, though. I don't see how you can get anything out of your dream. :confused:

"The former chapter directed the priests how to convict a leper of ceremonial uncleanness. No prescriptions are given for his cure; but, when God had cured him, the priests are in this chapter directed how to cleanse him. The remedy here is only adapted to the ceremonial part of his disease; but the authority Christ gave to his ministers was to cure the lepers, and so to cleanse them. We have here, I. The solemn declaration of the leper's being clean, with the significant ceremony attending it (Lev_14:1-9). II. The sacrifices which he was to offer to God eight days after (v. 10-32). III. The management of a house in which appeared signs of a leprosy (v. 33-53). And the conclusion and summary of this whole matter (Lev_14:54, etc.)."

Hi Dean,

Maybe this is one of those visions where once it comes to pass, only then will it make perfect sence.

God bless!

Hi Dean,

Maybe this is one of those visions where once it comes to pass, only then will it make perfect sence.

God bless!

Thanks everyone for your input so far.
This is a possibility Kevin, but I tend to try to not put anything up on the shelf too soon.
Update - I found out last night that one of the other staff in my vision is on the schedule to go to deliverance next month. There has been, and still is, a lot of spiritual “stuff” going on in that particular house. The people in my vision know about it. That’s about all I can do for now, but like I said above, I’m not quite ready to put this vision up on the shelf.

Blessings to all.
Dean

Orthodox has many meanings and one can be orthodox and still be incorrect:
or·tho·dox
thinsp.png
Audio Help /ˈɔr
thinsp.png
θəˌdɒks/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[awr-thuh-doks] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective 1.of, pertaining to, or conforming to the approved form of any doctrine, philosophy, ideology, etc. 2.of, pertaining to, or conforming to beliefs, attitudes, or modes of conduct that are generally approved. 3.customary or conventional, as a means or method; established. 4.sound or correct in opinion or doctrine, esp. theological or religious doctrine. 5.conforming to the Christian faith as represented in the creeds of the early church. 6.(initial capital letter
thinsp.png
) of, pertaining to, or designating the Eastern Church, esp. the Greek Orthodox Church. 7.(initial capital letter
thinsp.png
) of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Orthodox Jews or Orthodox Judaism.

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

Didnt intend to put things on the shelf, sorry if you got that impression!

God bless

No problem. I write down all my dreams and visions, date and time. I still have a lot that I had to put “up on the shelf”, so to speak. I should read through all of them again. It’s been a while. Sometimes I’ll have one that will match up with one from the past and then it makes sense. One kind that I’ve never had though, is the kind my Pastor had the other night. She said she was able to pick things up and actually feel things in her dream. She said it was pretty awesome.

Blessings
Dean

Are you sure you it was Lev 14?

I hesitate to say anything because I don't interpret dreams. I have always understood exactly what my dreams mean. Mine are personal revelation to assist me.

But...I think you should read Ex 14

Back