what do you do when you hear nothing in prayer? : /

Like when I ask what to read, who to pray for( I usually pray for my family..and current events..like for the migrants trying to cross over T Europe..but I want to see if maybe God would put someone on my heart)

Anyway I'm usually met with silence....

Idk why, even when I wait, it takes a while and its still silent ....

I just feel its just me praying to god..like my prayer life is one sided, and God is hands off ..like he doesn't really talk to me lil he does others...and I don't know why..

Like when I ask what to read, who to pray for( I usually pray for my family..and current events..like for the migrants trying to cross over T Europe..but I want to see if maybe God would put someone on my heart)

I just feel its just me praying to god..like my prayer life is one sided, and God is hands off ..like he doesn't really talk to me lil he does others...and I don't know why..
Please consider this: Are you doing what He has told you to do in His word(the bible)? Did you listen and do what He has told you to do during the times when you knew He was communicating with you? If the honest answer to these questions is "no", or "no, most of the time", then maybe He is silent because you aren't listening(doing). Would it do any good to keep talking to someone who isn't listening anyway? Maybe God stops talking(for a time) in these cases in order to allow time for self examination, and to seek Him out with all our heart. Joel 29:12-14, "Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord." John 14:21, "He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

Many Christians who are committed enough to notice go through apparent 'dry' periods.
(So, it may be that He is talking to you in exactly the way He sometimes talks to others)
Some of those can be very long.
Those that get through it often look back and see that He has been with them all the way.
Sometimes that is hidden.
Sometimes it is because we do not wish to hear what He is saying.
Sometimes it is through perseverance that your faith in Him is proved to YOU.
In my case, there are things I learned about Him (and myself) that I could not have learned any other way.

Remember my sister, that God's purpose in prayer is for us to get to know who he is and his holiness rather than to get Him to do our bidding. That does not mean that he will not hear and answer, but his purpose in not to make us happy, but to make himself know to us and others which is true joy and happiness.

For me I do not set aside any time to pray during the day. I am constantly in prayer with the Lord by having my heart set on the things above were he sits, with me inside him. We are told pray always, with all manner of prayer, not just at some specific time. The Lord will keep that person who has his heart, and mind set on him in "perfect" peace. It is only when you have that perfect peace when you will hear the voice of God. What happens at these times is his thoughts will become your thoughts, and his Words will become your words. It is like breathing air, you don't think about it, it just happens. It feels like a natural thing, but it is not natural, it's supernatural.

Isa 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Pro 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

1Co 2:11 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.

Pancakes Hi,
Listen we all go through times such as these if we are honest about it. I found in times such as these to stop trying so hard to hear Him and simply believe He has ( know that He has ) heard me and simply start praying or reading.

Once my mind (heart) is at rest (peace) then it seems He begins to lead me in the direction I should go.
Examples....
Start reading and when something stands out ( it does not always ) then read it several times and check cross references and watch Him take you on a word of God stroll.

Praying and some one or something begins to tug at my heart and then I switch and pray in that direction.

When I am quiet and not trying to hear so hard - I find an answer comes or a verse or chapter comes to mind etc.

When our minds get so busy or heavy with the burden of hearing - it can some times be as ear plugs to His voice...

I have also notices that at times - He simply holds back to see if we will put forth into practice what we have been learning. I have plenty of seasons of that over the years.

The biggest thing to remember pancakes is that He has not left you or treating you less then any one else - even though at times it sure does feel that way..........How ever we are to walk by Faith and not feelings. ;)

I hope this helps out some for you. I just wanted to share how things have been in my walk.
There have been times when I thought my prayers never made it past the ceeling. They did not have to and I should have known this and Acted Like I Knew This Too.

Have a great week end
God Bless
Jim

For we are saved by hope:
but hope that is seen is not hope:
for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
But if we hope for that we see not,
then do we with patience wait for it.
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:
for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:
but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us
with groanings which cannot be uttered.
And He that searcheth the hearts
knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit,
because He maketh intercession for the saints
according to the will of God.
And we know
that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to His purpose.'

(Rom 8:24-28)

* May God's perfect will be done, both in, and through you, Pancakes, for His Name and glory's sake.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

:)

I used to wonder the same thing.. But not anymore.. Did not take much for Holy Spirit to convict me of this. My wife always says she had dream of someone going through a trouble and she feels the burden to pray for them. I am not much of a dreamer! I used to wonder why Lord is not putting anyone in my heart to pray for. You know. The reality is Lord is throwing situation after situation at us to see if we would show some reaction! How often have you heard the sound of ambulance while being outside? How often do we pray for the soul struggling for life? Does Lord want us to pray for that person and for that person to accept the Lord if he or she is not a believer? Absolutely!! As we take these baby steps, the Lord will share more of the burden. I finally realized Lord does not burden more than what we are able to handle! His yoke is always easy. The definition of easy is different from person to person. When we are just babes in our relationship, Lord does not burden us at all. As we grow deeper in relationship with Him, He will open more burdens to us. So my take is, focus on Him and relationship. You don't have to look out for having burden. It will come to you automatically (y)

Pancakes Hi,
Listen we all go through times such as these if we are honest about it. I found in times such as these to stop trying so hard to hear Him and simply believe He has ( know that He has ) heard me and simply start praying or reading.

Once my mind (heart) is at rest (peace) then it seems He begins to lead me in the direction I should go.
Examples....
Start reading and when something stands out ( it does not always ) then read it several times and check cross references and watch Him take you on a word of God stroll.

Praying and some one or something begins to tug at my heart and then I switch and pray in that direction.

When I am quiet and not trying to hear so hard - I find an answer comes or a verse or chapter comes to mind etc.

When our minds get so busy or heavy with the burden of hearing - it can some times be as ear plugs to His voice...

I have also notices that at times - He simply holds back to see if we will put forth into practice what we have been learning. I have plenty of seasons of that over the years.

The biggest thing to remember pancakes is that He has not left you or treating you less then any one else - even though at times it sure does feel that way..........How ever we are to walk by Faith and not feelings. ;)

I hope this helps out some for you. I just wanted to share how things have been in my walk.
There have been times when I thought my prayers never made it past the ceeling. They did not have to and I should have known this and Acted Like I Knew This Too.

Have a great week end
God Bless
Jim

I have no issues praying...but I do have a issue of not hearing Him...especially when I see that verse or people say his she's hear His voice...

It worries me a bit...but I kno I've been singled out I a random lady told me so...but still everyone hears but me and I been saved 4-5 yrs ..

It just worries me : /

Well, that's usually how the Father talks to us: silence.

Again, I'm not sure what you mean and what your question really is but maybe you're not listening properly. And maybe you don't really know what praying is all about.

First and foremost, praying requires a lot of discipline. Do it everyday and I really do mean everyday, even if you're tired, sick or loaded with work. Praying should be your #1 priority.

Pray because you love God, not because you're expecting favours from Him.

And don't expect Him to come down from the clouds and look you in the face. God is holy, we are not. He cannot tolerate sin and it's only because of His mercy that we are able to live and breathe.

In my case, I find all the answers I need in the Bible. I go to mass everyday and it's not just a spiritual event, the readings of the Scriptures provide me with all the advice I need for the entire week.

Back