What Does Baptism Mean To You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a couple of Scriptures that warns those in the faith they can lose theit salvation....
Hebrews 10 v 26 "For if we sin Willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins"

I I Peter 2 v 20-22 : "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, They are again entangled therin, and overcome,the latter end is worse with them then the beginning.

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of Righteousness, then, after they had known it, to turn from the Holy Commandment delivered unto them

But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, the dog is returned to his own vomit again, and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire".

Also read: I Timothy 4 v 16.

These two verses are both talking about people who have known the truth but have themselves turned from God no longer believing but denying the gospel as true. God did not make them unsaved. The people chose not to believe. Hebrews 10:29 says, "How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?" The people who do this have once understood, yet then deny the gospel and turn away from it. In 2nd Peter, Peter says, But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute" ( 2 Peter 2:1-2).

Hebrews 10:14 says, "For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy."

Hebrews 10:18 says, “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds. Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more. And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary."

This is saying that God has permanently removed all their sins from them. Nevertheless, if they choose not to believe in Christ's work, if they don't have faith, then they will not be saved because it is faith that brings Hebrews 10:14 and 10:18 to reality.

Hebrews 10:38-10:39 says, "Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

However, our original conversation was on whether water baptism is necessary for salvation. Let us remember that it says in John 7:37-39, "On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, 'Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.' By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified."

You had quoted Nicodemus earlier, but this is the true baptism. The living water, the Spirit of God within.

Nicodemus came to the Lord at night, saying, "Rabbi, WE know that you are a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that you do, except God be with him."

Jesus asked: "But who do you say that I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the son of the Living God."
The words of Nicodemus and Peter are similar. Nicodemus saw a teacher; Peter saw the son of God. Let's first look at the Lord's response to Peter: "Blessed are you...for flesh and blood has not revealed this unto you, but my Father..." That revelation was not of Peter, but was revealed from above!

Now back to Nicodemus. Look at his confession: "We (including some/many in the Sanhedrin) know that you...come from God." The Lord's answer ("Except a man be born again, he cannot see..."), is actually asking Nicodemus whether he is conscious that what he had just said was revealed by God ("...begotten from above..."), or did he say that on his own. Nicodemus did not understand because he was thinking of the more common use of born: which is when a woman gives birth. But Jesus was touching upon God's revelation, and conception by the Word.

The Lord corrects Nicodemus, saying, "except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." A woman cannot bring a man into the world, unless the child is first conceived in her womb! So is everyone that has been conceived by the Word of God: they cannot come into the kingdom except the Church bring them into the kingdom! If a man is not conceived by the Word of God, then the Church cannot bring them from her womb.

Nicodemus came to the Lord at night, saying, "Rabbi, WE know that you are a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that you do, except God be with him."

Jesus asked: "But who do you say that I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the son of the Living God."
The words of Nicodemus and Peter are similar. Nicodemus saw a teacher; Peter saw the son of God. Let's first look at the Lord's response to Peter: "Blessed are you...for flesh and blood has not revealed this unto you, but my Father..." That revelation was not of Peter, but was revealed from above!

Now back to Nicodemus. Look at his confession: "We (including some/many in the Sanhedrin) know that you...come from God." The Lord's answer ("Except a man be born again, he cannot see..."), is actually asking Nicodemus whether he is conscious that what he had just said was revealed by God ("...begotten from above..."), or did he say that on his own. Nicodemus did not understand because he was thinking of the more common use of born: which is when a woman gives birth. But Jesus was touching upon God's revelation, and conception by the Word.

The Lord corrects Nicodemus, saying, "except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." A woman cannot bring a man into the world, unless the child is first conceived in her womb! So is everyone that has been conceived by the Word of God: they cannot come into the kingdom except the Church bring them into the kingdom! If a man is not conceived by the Word of God, then the Church cannot bring them from her womb.
I think If Jesus had intended to say "conceived" He would have said it that way and had it written that way. He did not... and those who are "born-again" well understand what He was saying.

"For God so loved the world that He gave...". Even so , when a man receives the love of God, he cannot help but love those whom God has created...especially those who have been conceived by/through His Word. "...everyone that loves Him that begat loves him also that is begottten of Him."
Beloved Brethren, walk in His love.

Delusional...
Yes I have become a "fool" just as Paul.

1Co 1:17 ¶ For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Not to baptize, but to save by (preaching) those who "believe"

Goodbye everyone. For those who understand what I attempted to teach on Gospel truth, Thank all of you again, a we will meet again in the next life I am certain...God Bless...

You are a Loser... At least you have other losers on here joining you in The Lake of Fire. Blinded by Satan....bye bye LOSER...

My friend. Surely we haven't been transformed, and made new creations in Christ in order to speak to one another in such a manner? Matthew 5:21-22.

It occurs to me that everyone here legitimately only wants to believe the Bible and apply it to their lives. If you think someone has read scripture incorrectly and as a result is doing something wrong, Galatians 6:1 tells us that "Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness."

I can't claim that I myself am always perfect when dealing with emotionally tense situations. But can we really read the Bible and say that Jesus wants us to be speaking to each other in the manner we've witnessed here? Does speaking this way really come from genuine love and a desire to put the needs of others above our own, in a spirit of gentleness, servanthood and humility, as exemplified through Christ's own life?

My friend. Surely we haven't been transformed, and made new creations in Christ in order to speak to one another in such a manner? Matthew 5:21-22.

It occurs to me that everyone here legitimately only wants to believe the Bible and apply it to their lives. If you think someone has read scripture incorrectly and as a result is doing something wrong, Galatians 6:1 tells us that "Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness."

I can't claim that I myself am always perfect when dealing with emotionally tense situations. But can we really read the Bible and say that Jesus wants us to be speaking to each other in the manner we've witnessed here? Does speaking this way really come from genuine love and a desire to put the needs of others above our own, in a spirit of gentleness, servanthood and humility, as exemplified through Christ's own life?

Ever hear the saying: " Can' t see the Forest through the trees"? It applies to the poster I called a " Loser"...meaning he will lose his argument in front of The Creator, the judge of all of us.

His intent and purpose is to discredit my.ministry here, and it has nothing to do with him having a civil Christian dialog with me. It is trying to take his scriptures out of context and prove his point by never addressing facts presented here. As a Christian I forgive anyone, but to attack and counter attack to prove a point without addressing the posted material is Pride and God hates that as well. If I see myself I am Wrong..I will admit it, and move on. We have a right to Rebuke anyone who is perverting scripture, or Taking scripture out of context. He claims the scripture where Apostle Paul says That he has not come to Baptize is an excuse for not one to be Baptized, because it is Legalism. Paul Baptized the disciples in Acts 19, but he will not admit he was wrong in his remarks about Paul. Just go research all his posts about Baptism. Read what I have said and then read his responses for yourself...Anyway...Have a wonderful day, and I appreciate your thoughts..God Bless..

Those whose opinions have no solid base, when their arguments fall flat, always will go back to basics, insults and slander.

Again; If someone disagrees with a doctrine, or something state your case. Then if the one disagreeing comes back and never addresses point by point after a rebuttal, then that person just wants to argue. We are supposed to share the gospel, not debate or argue if it is a valid point. I may not agree with something posted, I say nothing or maybe state supporting scriptures for or against, but when it leads to heated discussions then I would rather bow out, then anything else.

One day when you stand before Jesus and try to explain how you interpreted his word, and called his doctrines " Legalism" You won' t be so high and mighty on that day. You are a Loser, and won't win your argument with God. At least you have other losers on here joining you in The Lake of Fire. Blinded by Satan....bye bye LOSER...my final thoughts to you...

This is why I stopped reading this thread a long time ago.

Ricko.......you sir need to do a personal inventory of yourself. What you just said to another Christian is totally out of line and is without any merit whatsoever!

YOU, probably have succeded in closing another thread because of your attitude towrds others. You should be ashamed of yourself, ask for forgivness and apologize !!

Or you can ignore this comment altogether and be agressive with me. I would rather you attack me than someone else who just came here to be friendly and talk about their Lord.

Why did you come her I must ask????

Again; If someone disagrees with a doctrine, or something state your case. Then if the one disagreeing comes back and never addresses point by point after a rebuttal, then that person just wants to argue. We are supposed to share the gospel, not debate or argue if it is a valid point. I may not agree with something posted, I say nothing or maybe state supporting scriptures for or against, but when it leads to heated discussions then I would rather bow out, then anything else.

I think bowing out is an excellant choice for you. It is never what you say but HOW it is said that matters!

Ever hear the saying: " Can' t see the Forest through the trees"? It applies to the poster I called a " Loser"...meaning he will lose his argument in front of The Creator, the judge of all of us.

His intent and purpose is to discredit my.ministry here, and it has nothing to do with him having a civil Christian dialog with me. It is trying to take his scriptures out of context and prove his point by never addressing facts presented here. As a Christian I forgive anyone, but to attack and counter attack to prove a point without addressing the posted material is Pride and God hates that as well. If I see myself I am Wrong..I will admit it, and move on. We have a right to Rebuke anyone who is perverting scripture, or Taking scripture out of context. He claims the scripture where Apostle Paul says That he has not come to Baptize is an excuse for not one to be Baptized, because it is Legalism. Paul Baptized the disciples in Acts 19, but he will not admit he was wrong in his remarks about Paul. Just go research all his posts about Baptism. Read what I have said and then read his responses for yourself...Anyway...Have a wonderful day, and I appreciate your thoughts..God Bless..

But that exact same thing can be said about you my brother and probaly you will say the same thing about me and others..Have you considered that YOU may just be wrong as is the next person. Going on a person vendatta, calling people a "loser" is NOT an appearance of accepted Christian behaviour to ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back