What Does Being "chosen" By God Mean

Not trying to hijack the thread here, but I gotta say this. Ok so, I have faith in God, but the problem I have is that idk what to trust him on other than his word. What I mean is that if I was about to get into a shipwreck I would have faith God is going to do the right thing, but idk maybe the right thing is to shipwreck me!? I know that might sound mad, but i've noticed God works in ways that sometimes aren't what we want to happen. Let me clarify though, if God wanted me to be in a shipwreck then so be it, but it scares me at the same time which is why I have so much unrest. I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need to worried because God knows me and is good and so I shouldn't be worried, but there's still that part of me that is scared of death, persecution, etc... Any advice?
I know exactly what you mean. We all do. First, settle it in your heart that God's word is 100% accurate. Learn from the Spirit, listen to men, but filter everything, and I mean everything, through the Holy Spirit and the word of God.

Now remember, don't blame God for trials in your life, James 1:13-14. Job blamed God and Job was wrong, Job 40:8; Job 42:5. Overcoming comes with experience and correct thinking. When you see that the trials you're going through lead to spiritual growth, then when the next one comes, you're less worried.

James 1:2-4 (KJV)
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

The word temptations is the same word as trials. Because the trials lead to growth, count it as joy because in faith and trust in God you'll see His power being manifest. After the trying of your faith, then comes patience when the next trial comes. When you let patience do her thing, you'll become perfect and complete, wanting nothing. It's a step-by-step process, Psa 37:23. From glory to glory, 2 Cor 3:18.

I hope this helps.

I know exactly what you mean. We all do. First, settle it in your heart that God's word is 100% accurate. Learn from the Spirit, listen to men, but filter everything, and I mean everything, through the Holy Spirit and the word of God.

Now remember, don't blame God for trials in your life, James 1:13-14. Job blamed God and Job was wrong, Job 40:8; Job 42:5. Overcoming comes with experience and correct thinking. When you see that the trials you're going through lead to spiritual growth, then when the next one comes, you're less worried.

James 1:2-4 (KJV)
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

The word temptations is the same word as trials. Because the trials lead to growth, count it as joy because in faith and trust in God you'll see His power being manifest. After the trying of your faith, then comes patience when the next trial comes. When you let patience do her thing, you'll become perfect and complete, wanting nothing. It's a step-by-step process, Psa 37:23. From glory to glory, 2 Cor 3:18.

I hope this helps.
Thanks man, yeah it helped :)

Back