What does God say about.....

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
What does God say about.....

Trials/Suffering

Life at Two Levels

Corrie Ten Boom was at the Nazi death camp Ravensbruck where roll call came at 4:30 every morning. Most mornings were cold, and sometimes the women would be forced to stand without moving for hours in the bone-chilling pre-dawn darkness. Nearby were the punishment barracks where all day and far into the night would come the sounds of cruelty: blows landing in regular rhythm and screams keeping pace.

But Corrie and her sister Betsie had a Bible, and at every opportunity they would gather the women together like orphans around a blazing fire, and read Romans 8: "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?.....In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."

Corrie later said:

I would look about us as Betsie read, watching the light leap from face to face. More than conquerors. It was not a wish. It was a fact. We knew it, we experienced it minute by minute in an ever widening circle of help and hope. Life at Ravensbruck took place on two separate levels. One, the observable, external life, grew every day more horrible. The other, the life we lived with God, grew daily better, truth upon truth, glory upon glory.

Trials are to be expected and remind us of the suffering Christ endured:

1 Peter 4:12-13, "Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed."

John 16:33, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

A purpose of trials is to strengthen our faith:

1 Peter 1:6-7, "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."

Commands to obey when facing trials:

James 5:13, "Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise."

James 1:2, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds."

2 Timothy 2:3, "Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus."

Remember God is sovereign in trials:

Jeremiah 10:23, "I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps."

Psalm 23:4, "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

God's strength in trials is the solution to strengthening others:

2 Cor. 1:3-4, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

A result of enduring trials is God's reward:

James 1:12, "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."

2 Cor. 4:16-18, "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Wow ..... How appropriate Godbe4me ... What encouragement . Thanks be to God for His timely message .

I also got a message in my inbox today that is encouragement as well that I would like to share .... God Bless .

Fearlessness: Walking with the Shield of Faith
By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.
Sometimes life can give us more than we can handle. There are moments when our burdens topple the smooth plans we have made for our lives. Our natural tendency is to hold on to what we have, clutching tighter than before. But God says we should do something different.

To walk truly fearlessly in the face of life's threatening storms, we must fully place our trust in God. He wants us to see if we really believe what He says in His Word. And it begins with our simply releasing our lives into His hands.

When your life’s boat begins to rock upon the waves, God wants you to focus on Him more than ever. To walk fearlessly, upholding faith as your banner and shield, you must know who you are following.

God does not lead us down dark alleys only to abandon us. But He may take us through some of life's most tumultuous storms, holding our hands every step of the way.

After hearing about the kidnapping of Lot and his family, Abraham rounded up 318 men and went on a rescue mission. Abraham was fearless -- not because he had 318 men to back him up, but because he was walking under the shield of faith. He trusted God and desired to obey Him no matter what.

Walking fearlessly with our heavenly Father means that we have come to a place of complete dependency upon Him, a place where we know He has His best in mind for us no matter what. The challenges that come our way can be conquered when we place our faith in Him. As our trust in God grows, we realize that while He will not shield us from life's challenges, He will shield us from defeat.

Prayer: Lord, help me to live free from fear as I fully place my trust in You.

When I am afraid, I will trust in you (Psalm 56:3).

1 Peter 4:12-13, "Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed."

Thsi verse reminds me of the times I was on short term mission trips and the Missionary would say ( when we were complaining) ...... " Suffering for Jesus"

Thank you so much for sharing the message you received: Walking with the shield of faith

That message really blessed my spirit and I needed it. You know it's not that we don't know that God is with us when we go through storms in our lives; it's just that little reminder that God is with us. As Jesus said when he ascended to heaven, "And, Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."

You just don't know how much an encouraging word blesses and uplift the spirit of someone who needs it. To say a prayer or letting someone know that God is with you means a lot.

Thanks and God bless Dusty

Godbe4me

Temptation

While everyone of us is tempted to sin, no temptation is irresistible; God is able to keep it from becoming too strong, and will show us how to escape temptation's power (1 Cor.13).

The devil still prowls around like a lion, seeking whom he may devour.

1 Peter 5:8-9, "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the samd kind of sufferings."

At times, Satan uses others to entice us.

Prov. 1:10, "My son, if sinners entice you, do not give in to them."

God tempts no one. Each one is tempted when, by his own desire, he is dragged away and enticed.

James 1:13-15, "When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death."

Resist the devil

James 4:7, "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Jesus tells us to watch and pray, lest we should yield to temptation.

Matt. 6:13, "And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one."

Matt. 26:41, "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

Put on the whole armor of God to fight agaisnt the devil's schemes.

Eph. 6:10-12, "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggles is not against flesh and blook, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Stress

How God Dealt with a Nervous Breakdown

At the very apex of his career, the prophet Elijah suffered something akin to a nervous breakdown. It is very instructive to see how God dealt with this malady in 1 Kings 19. The Lord's treatment program contained the following elements:

* God prescribed sleep and nourishment - 1 Kings 19:5-8

* Angelic assistance was dispatched. - verses 5-8

* Elijah was allowed to verbalize his frustrations honestly and openly. - verses 9-11

*God reminded Elijah of His power. - verses 11-12

*The Still, Small Voice of God was needed. - verse 12

* There was a recommissioning, a renewal of purpose was given. - verses 15-17

*Where God is concerned, Elijah learned, things are never as bad as they may appear. - verse 18

* A good friend was assigned to provide companionship. - verse 19

Don't give up:

Galatians 6:9, "So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up"

God will be your strength and courage:

Habakkuk 3:19a, "The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army"

God will get you though stressful times:

Habakkuk 3:19b, "He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]"

God will give you the strength to endure:

Isaiah 40:31, "But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint" (NLT).

You can accomplish more than you think:

Romans 8:37, "In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us"

The God living in you is greater than your tasks:

1 John 4:4, "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world"

Freedom From Worry:

Matthew 6:31-33, "So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need."

Philippians 4:8, "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

1 Peter 5:7, "Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Thanks "Godspeaks"

Witnessing

Jesus last instructions to his disciples before He ascended to His Father were in relation to witnessing. He commissioned them to go into all the world and make disciples. He promised them that when they received the Holy spirit from the Father, they would become witnesses of all that they had seen and heard. And today, as we witness, the Lord confirms His Word with signs and authority (Mark 16:20; Matt. 28:19, 20)

Jesus Christ Coming To Bear Witness To The Truth

John 18:37, "Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered. Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."

The Holy Spirit Witnessing

Romans 8:16, "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God"

1 John 5:5-7, "Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

The Necessity of More Than One Witness For Anything To Be Established

2 Cor. 13:1, "This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Fear

God, the Commander of the heavenly armies, is here with us. Jesus, who has all authority in heaven and earth, has promised to be with us always, even to the end of the world. So we need not fear no matter what happens (Ps. 46; Matt. 28:18-20).

Believers need not be slaves to fear.

Rom. 8:15, "You did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

2 Tim. 1:7, "God did not give us a spirit of timidity [fear], but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

You need not be afraid if God is your helper.

Heb. 13:5-6, God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you" [Deut 31:6]. So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" [Ps. 118:6-7]

Trust in God casts out fear

Ps. 56:3-4, "When I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?"

Don't be afraid; God cares for sparrows, and he will surely care for you

Matt. 10:29-30, "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Trials/Suffering

Life at Two Levels

Corrie Ten Boom was at the Nazi death camp Ravensbruck where roll call came at 4:30 every morning. Most mornings were cold, and sometimes the women would be forced to stand without moving for hours in the bone-chilling pre-dawn darkness. Nearby were the punishment barracks where all day and far into the night would come the sounds of cruelty: blows landing in regular rhythm and screams keeping pace.

But Corrie and her sister Betsie had a Bible, and at every opportunity they would gather the women together like orphans around a blazing fire, and read Romans 8: "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?.....In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."

Corrie later said:

I would look about us as Betsie read, watching the light leap from face to face. More than conquerors. It was not a wish. It was a fact. We knew it, we experienced it minute by minute in an ever widening circle of help and hope. Life at Ravensbruck took place on tow separate levels. One, the observable, external life, grew every day more horrible. The other, the life we lived with God, grew daily better, truth upon truth, glory upon glory.

Trials are to be expected and remind us of the suffering Christ endured:

John 16:33, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

A purpose of trials is to strengthen our faith:

1 Peter 1:6-7, "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."

Commands to obey when facing trials:

James 5:13, "Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise."

James 1:2, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds."

2 Timothy 2:3, "Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus."

Remember God is sovereign in trials:

Jeremiah 10:23, "I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps."

Psalm 23:4, "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

God's strength in trials is the solution to strengthening others:

2 Cor. 1:3-4, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

A result of enduring trials is God's reward:

James 1:12, "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."

2 Cor. 4:16-18, "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

God bless,

Godbe4me
I used to have a comic book about her when I was younger. I used to loooove that comic book :)

Here's the comic book:
http://www.christianknightcomics.com/downloads2/hidingplace01.jpg

Thanks Godbe4me .... I can especially relate to the fear post and if I had maybe had all these verses at the time when I was experiencing my fears ( but was not serving the Lord at that time ) It is most difficult when you fear some one who you trusted and didn't know from one moment to the next whether the person was going to fly off the handle so in the midst of it all you cringe and go into your little corner .

Anyways God has delivered me from my darkest fears and now I live in complete peace , and do pray for my perpretator . But the verse ..... He has not given me a spirit of fear by a sound mind is so true and God is so faithful .

Thanks ... God Bless.

It is most difficult when you fear some one who you trusted and didn't know from one moment to the next whether the person was going to fly off the handle so in the midst of it all you cringe and go into your little corner .

I can definitely relate to this. But I thank God for delivering me and restoring me. You never know just how powerful scripture really is until you go through something really traumatic and see for yourself just how much power is in the word and in prayer. If you take it to God, He will deliver us, help us, comfort us and sustain us. Oh, Thank You Jesus for my deliverance!!!!

God bless

Vengeance

In the Old Testament the "eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" principle was not a ticket for revenge but a legal limit to prevent people from taking even further vengeance. The New Testament stresses that Christians, who have experienced the unmerited forgiveness and love of God, should not seek vengeance. Evil is to be overcome with good, forgivesness is to heal broken relationships, and enemies are to be loved. Such compassionate behavior follows the pattern of Christ and demonstrates to the world the newness of life in Christ (Matt. 5:38-48).

Not Avenging:

Proverbs 20:22, "Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the Lord, and he shall save thee."

1 Thess. 5:15, "See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men."

Romans 12:17-21, "Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."

Vengeance Belonging To The Lord:

Hebrews 10:30, "For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord, And again, The Lord shall judge his people."

Psalm 94:1, " O Lord God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself."

Who The Lord Shall Avenge:

Luke 18:7-8, "And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?"

Who The Lord Shall Take Vengeance Upon:

Nahum 1:2, "God is jealous, and the Lord revengeth; the Lord revengeth, and is furious; the Lord will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies."

Jude 7, "Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

Revelation 19:1-2, "And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying Allelua; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God: For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand."

God bless
Godbe4me

Loneliness

God has promised never to leave nor forsake his children (Heb. 13:5). We may often face times when we stand alone among men, but we need never stand without God. he is the Holy One who is God of the universe, yet hi is also the constant companion and guide of each of us. The Holy Spirit will comfort us and walk alongside us, even in loneliness (John 16:7-8).

David turned to God when he was lonely.

Psalm 25:16, "Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted."

Psalm 142:1-4, "I cry aloud to the Lord; I lift up my voice to the Lord for mercy. I pour out my complaint before him; before him I tell my trouble. When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way. In the path where I walk men have hidden a snare for me. Look to my right and see; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life."

God will provide for us when we feel alone.

Psalm 68:5-6, "A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land."

Deuteronomy 31:6, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Hebrews 13:5, "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

God bless,
Godbe4me

Ministry to Children

That's a Cuss Word

One morning years ago, I took a walking tour of Albany, New York, and finally stopped for lunch on a park bench. As I ate my sandwich, I felt someone staring at me. Turning around, I saw a little fellow watching me with intense interest. He appeared to be eleven or twelve, his eyes were big, and his face crinkled with curiosity.

"What's your name?" he finally asked. Then, "What you eatin?" Where you from? Tennessee? Where's that? what're you doin here?" To the last question, I told him I had come to Albany to preach at a church.

"What does it mean to preach?" he asked.
"It means to tell others about Jesus," I replied. When I said the word "Jesus," his eyes widened, and he cupped his hand over his mouth.

"'Jesus,'" he whispered, "Mister, Don't you know?"
"Know what?"
That's a cuss word."

It dawned on me that the only time this boy had ever heard the name Jesus was as a profanity in his home and in his neighborhood haunts. Compare that little fellow's history with the Apostle Paul's description of Timothy's upbringing: Now from childhood (from infancy), you have known the Holy sciptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 3:15).

The Bible clearly teaches that Christ Jesus calls the children to Himself (See Matthew 18:1-14 and 19:13-15). Jesus said about adults, "Compel them to come" (Luke 14:23), but he said of children, "Let them come unto me" (Matthew 19:14). Much more readily than adults, children feel the need of the Savior, and gladly come when they hear that He is near, if only parents and teachers are willing to take the time to lead them gently to Him.

Children left to themselves:

Proverbs 29:15, "The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himelf bringeth his mother to shame."

Rebellious Children:

Isaiah 30:1, "Woe to the rebellious children, saith the Lord, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin."

What Children Are:

Psalm 127:3-4, "Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth."

What Children Should Do:

Proverbs 6:20-21, "My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother. Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck."

Proverbs 23:22, "Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old."

Ephesians 6:1, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right."

Colossians 3:20, "Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord."

What Is Bound In The Heart Of A Child:

Proverbs 22:15, "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

Wise Children:

Proverbs 10:1, "The proverbs of Solomon. A wise son maketh a glad father: but a foolish son is the heaviness of his mother."

Proverbs 13:1, "A wise son heareth his father's instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Mind

The Harbor

The Bible describes our minds by using the figure of a ship looking for a harbor. Though you may be unable to keep disease-ridden ships from sailing back and forth on the ocean, you can refuse them docking privileges in the harbor of your mind.

* Jeremiah 4:14 says, "How long will you harbor your evil thoughts?"
* Deuteronomy 15:9 says, "Be careful not to harbor this wicked thought."
* Job talks about those who harbor resentment in their hearts.
* The Psalmist talks about those who harbor malice in the minds.
* James talks about those who allow bitter envy and selfish ambition to harbor within them.
* Jesus conveyed the same basic idea when asking, "Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your minds?" (Matt. 9:4)
* Paul had the same thought in mind when he said, "Clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature." (Romans 13:14).

Having Christ's Mind:

Philippians 2:5-8, "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and becaome obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

1 Peter 4:1, "Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath sufferd in the flesh hath ceased from sin."

The Carnal Mind

Romans 8:6-7, "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject tot he law of God, neither indeed can be."

Who Shall Keep Your Mind:

Philippians 4:7, "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Pride

Pride is our natural state of being, from which issues every problem in the world. The answer to pride is to ask for a supernatural awareness of God and of others, which in actuality will enable us to have genuine self-worth, as God desires us to have (Matt. 6:33, 22:37, 39).​

Not Being Arrogant:

1 Samuel 2:3, "Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed."​

Romans 12:3, "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."​

The Pride of Life:

1 John 2:16, "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world."​

The Pride of Man:

Proverbs 29:23, "A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit."​

The Proud in Spirit:

Ecclesiastes 7:8, "Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit."​

The Reward For Pride:

Jeremiah 48:42, "And Moab shall be destoyed from being a people, because he hath magnified himself against the LORD."​

Who Hates Pride and Arrogancy:

Proverbs 8:13, "The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate."​

Who Is Proud:

Proverbs 14:3, "In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them."​

Proverbs 21:24, "Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath."​

God bless,

Godbe4me

The Gifts of the Spirit

The gifts of the Spirit are supernatural endowments for service and are given according to the nature of the ministry that is to be fulfilled. The purpose of all the gifts is the same: to edify the body. We should first seek Jesus, the Giver of the Spirit. The disciples waited for the promise of the Father, the Holy Spirit---not for gifts (Acts 1). Thus we are to set our own hearts on him, for he gives the gifts as he chooses.

Each believer has at least one spiritual gift.

1 Peter 4:10-11, "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever." AMEN.

1 Corinthians 7:7, "I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that."

Believers need to know what spiritual gifts are available so they can be equipped to serve the body of Christ.

Romans 12:6-8, "We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully."

Ephesians 4:7-11, "But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. This is why is says: "When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men."......It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers."

God bless,
Godbe4me

Evangelism

In Leadership, Graham R. Hodges writes:

When I was a boy milking several cows each morning and night, I dreaded the cocklebur season. In late summer, this proific weed turned brown, and its seed pods, each armed with dozens of sharp spines, caught in the cows' tails until the animals' fly switchers were transformed into mean whips. One hard switch of such a tail in the milker's face made him lose considerable religion.

So I learned to hate the cocklebur.

Later, comfortably removed from the dairy industry, I learned a remarkable fact about the cocklebur: its sticky seed pod contains several seeds, not just one. And these seeds germinate in different years. Thus, if seed A fails to sprout next year because of a drought, seed B will be there waiting for the year after next, and seed C the year after that, waiting until the right conditions for germination arrive.

Hodges says the genius of the cocklebur pod is much like that of the spiritual seeds we plant in the lives of others. People don't always respond to God's Word immediately. But the seed is planted, and when the time is ripe, it will bring a harvest.

What to preach:

Luke 9:60, "Jesus said unto him, let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God."

Colossians 1:26-28, "Even the mystery which hath been hid froma ges and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the flory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect inChrist Jesus."

What Evangelist are for:

Ephesians 4:11-14, "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive."

Doing The Work Of An Evangelist:

2 Timothy 4:5, "But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry."

How You Should Preach:

1 Peter 4:11, "If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."

God bless,

Godbe4me

The Gifts of the Spirit

Romans 12:6-8, "We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully."

Ephesians 4:7-11, "But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. This is why is says: "When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men."......It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers."

1 Corinthians 12:4 Now there are distinctive varieties and distributions of endowments (gifts, [a]extraordinary powers distinguishing certain Christians, due to the power of divine grace operating in their souls by the Holy Spirit) and they vary, but the [Holy] Spirit remains the same.
5And there are distinctive varieties of service and ministration, but it is the same Lord [Who is served].
6And there are distinctive varieties of operation [of working to accomplish things], but it is the same God Who inspires and energizes them all in all. 7But to each one is given the manifestation of the [Holy] Spirit [the evidence, the spiritual illumination of the Spirit] for good and profit.

Back