What does God say about.....

False Teaching

Where do all these computer viruses come from anyway? What sort of a sick mind would intentionally mess up the computer data of others?

John Norstad, a Northwestern University systems engineer and computer guru who invented "Disinfect," a software program that protects computers from viruses, once discovered the source of many of the computer viruses. In an interview with writer Perter Gorner, Norstad said:

I went to a conference in Europe in 1992 and met most of my counterparts in the PC anti-viral community. One fellow was a Bulgarian who told us about the Bulgarian virus-writing facotry.
Evidently, during the Communist heyday, the KGB trained and paid PC programmers to break Western copy-protection schemes. It was an official piracy program. Then, when the government fell in Bulgaria, all these people were out of work and bitter. So they formed virus-writing clubs and set about infecting the PC community world-wide. A significant percentage of the PC viruses came out of a group of disaffected hackers who had formerly worked for the Communists.

Computer viruses are a lot like false teachings about God and morality: they destroy what is valuable. Where do all the false teachings come from? According to the apostle Paul, many come from a group of malicious spirits called demons. They intentionally pump error into the world to deceive and destroy people.

God warns his people not to listen to the false prophets who say that he will not punish unrepentant sinners:

Jer. 23:16-20, "This is what the Lord Almighty says: "Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouht of the Lord. They keep saying to those who despise me, "The Lord says: You will have peace.' And to all who follow stubbornness of their hearts they say, 'No harm will come to you.' But which of them has stood in the council of the Lord to see or to hear his word? Who has listened and heard his word? See, the storm of the Lord will burst out in wrath, a whirlwind swirling down on the heads of the wicked. The anger of the Lord will not turn back until he fully accomplishes the purpose of his heart. In days to come you will understand it clearly."

Ezek. 13:10-12, "Because they lead my people astray, saying, "Peace," when there is no peace, and because, when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash, therefore tell those who cover it with whitewash that it is going to fall. Rain will come in torrents, and I will send hailstones hurtling down, and violent winds will burst forth. When the wall collapses, will people not ask you, "Where is the whitewash you covered it with?"

Jesus warns against false prophets who are wolves in sheep's clothing:

Matt. 7:15, "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they ae ferocious wolves."

False teachers masquerade also as angels of light:

2 Cor. 11:13-15, "Such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerades as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve."

Test the spirits (by the word of God) to see whether or not they are from God:

1 John 4:1, "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Don't allow false teachers to entice you back into slavery to sin:

2 Peter 2:18-19, "For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are jsut escaping fromthose who live in error. They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity---for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him."

Be on your guard so that you will not be carried away by lawless men:

2 Peter 3:17-18, "Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you many not be carried away by the error of lawless mena nd fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and forever! AMEN"

God bless,

Godbe4me

Holy Spirit

Church

Power can be used in at least two ways: it can be unleashed, or it can be harnessed.

The energy in ten gallons of gasoline, for instance, can be released explosively by dropping a lighted match into the can. Or it can be channeled through a car engine in a controlled burn and used to transport a person 350 miles.

Explosions are spectacular, but controlled burns have lasting effect, staying power.

The Holy Spirit works both ways. At Pentecost, he exploded on the scene; his presence was like "tongues of fire" (Acts 2:3). Thousands were affected by one burst of God's power. But he also works through the church--the institution God began to tap the Holy Spirit's power for the long haul. Through worship, fellowship, and service, Christians are provided with staying power.

Being filled with the Spirit:

Ephesians 5:18, "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit."

God Giving Us The Holy Spirit:

Romans 5:5, "And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

2 Tim. 1:7, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

1 Thess. 4:8, "He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his Holy Spirit."

1 John 4:12-13, "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we swell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his spirit."

Not quenching the spirit:

1 Thess. 5:19, "Quench not the Spirit."

The Descention of the Holy Spirit:

Matt. 3:16-17, "And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

The Fruit of the Spirit:

Galatians 5:22-24, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness,goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."

The Holy Spirit Being Sent By God:

John 15:26-27, "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have beenwith me from the beginning."

Galatians 4:6-7, "And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou are no more a servant, bu a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."

The Holy Spirit Speaking Through People:

Acts 2:4, "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

Mark 13:11, "But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, bu the Holy Ghost."

1 Cor. 12:3, "Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by theSpirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say the Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost."

The Holy Spirit Witnessing:

Romans 8:16, "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God."

1 John 5:5-7, "Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

Those That Do Not Have The Spirit of Christ:

Romans 8:9, "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God swell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit ofChrist, he is none of his."

Those That Sow to the Spirit:

Galatians 6:8, "For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting."

Walking in the Spirit:

Galatians 5:25, "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."

God bless,
Godbe4me

Explosions are spectacular, but controlled burns have lasting effect, staying power.

The Holy Spirit works both ways. At Pentecost, he exploded on the scene; his presence was like "tongues of fire" (acts 2:3). Thousands were affected by one burst of god's power. But he also works through the church--the institution god began to tap the holy spirit's power for the long haul. Through worship, fellowship, and service, christians are provided with staying power.

Amen I like this. He came into this world in an explosion of power!

Being filled with the Spirit:

Ephesians 5:18, "and be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit."

we all need to be baptized with the holy spirit so his power can be released through us to others.

Not quenching the Spirit:

1 Thess. 5:19, "Quench not the Spirit."

We're also told not to resist the spirit but to yield to him and follow his leading, letting him have his way in all that is happening.

The Holy Spirit speaking through people:

Acts 2:4, "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the spirit gave them utterance."

Mark 13:11, "But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: But whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: For it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost."

It's very important that we be filled so we can pray in the spirit the mysteries of God, that they will be fulfilled. And also let Him speak through us, only saying what he would have us to say.

Sanctification

Cleansing

The difference between special cleansing and regular cleansing is the same as that between special and regular washing of the hands. A woman may work around the kitchen and go to the sink a score of times to rinse her hands because there has come some special need for cleansing. Or a student may get ink on his fingers and need special cleansing. But in the evening as we come to the time of retiring, we go through our regular cleansing even though there may not be any special dirt upon us.

Thus it is with the life that is brought to the Lord day by day. There may come special outbreak of sin, some rising surprise of the old Adamic nature, and for this we will need to rush back to God for special cleansing and restoration to full fellowship. But at the end of the day when nothing of special evil has touched our lives, we still need to return to Him and ask forgiveness for the faults which He can see and which we may not recognize.

Everyone Being Sanctified Through The Blood Of Jesus Christ:

1 Cor. 6:9-11, "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolators, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

1 Cor. 7:10-16, "10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife. 12 But to the rest I, not the Lord, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her. 13 And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace. 16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?"

Jesus Christ Being Sanctified By God The Father:

John 10:34-36, "34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, 'I said, "You are gods" '? 35 If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?

Sanctifying Yourself:

Leviticus 11:44, "44 For I am the Lord your God. You shall therefore consecrate yourselves, and you shall be holy; for I am holy. Neither shall you defile yourselves with any creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Joshua 3:5, "5 And Joshua said to the people, "Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you."

The Lord Sanctifying:

Leviticus 20:8, "8 'And you shall keep My statutes, and perform them: I am the Lord who sanctifies you."

Leviticus 21:8, "8 Therefore you shall consecrate him, for he offers the bread of your God. He shall be holy to you, for I the Lord, who sanctify you, am holy."

1 Thess. 5:23, "23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body "

Those That Are Sanctified:

1 Cor. 1:2, "2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:"

Hebrews 2:9-11, "9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone. 10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,"

What Is Sanctified:

Genesis 2:1-3, "1 Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made."

2 Chronicles 30:8, "8 Now do not be stiff-necked, as your fathers were, but yield yourselves to the Lord; and enter His sanctuary, which He has sanctified forever, and serve the Lord your God, that the fierceness of His wrath may turn away from you."

1 Timothy 4:1-5, "1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Awesome posts!

This morning I needed a good reminder about stress.

thankyou07.gif

Lust

Radio personality Paul Harvey tells the story of how an Eskimo kills a wolf. The account is grisly, yet it offers fresh insight into the consuming, self-destructive nature of sin.

First, the Eskimo coats his knife blade with animal blood and allows it to freeze. Then he adds another layer of blood, and another, until the blade is completely concealed by frozen blood.

Next, the hunter fixes his knife in the ground with the blade up. When a wolf follows his sensitive nose to the source of the scent and discovers the bait, he licks it, tasting the fresh frozen blood. He begins to lick faster, more and more vigorously, lapping the blade until the keen edge is bare. Feverishly now, harder and harder the wolf licks the blade in the arctic night. So great becomes his craving for blood that the wolf does not notice the razor-sharp sting of the naked blade on his own tongue, nor does he recognize the instant at which his insatiable thirst is being satisfied by his "own" warm blood. His carnivorous appetite just craves more---until the dawn finds him dead in the snow!

It is a fearful thing that people can be "consumed by their own lusts."

Who Falls Into Many Lusts:

1 Timothy 6:9, "But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition."

Who Shall Not Fulfill The Lust Of The Flesh:

Galatians 5:16-21, "16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

What Lust Does:

James 1:15, "Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death."

1 Peter 2:11, "Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul."

Say No To Ungodly Passions:

Titus 2:11-12, "The grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age."

Don't Covet:

Exod. 20:17, "You shall not covet your neighbor's house You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

Don't Conform To Evil Desires, But Be Holy:

1 Peter 1:14-16, "As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."

Live By The Spirit To Overcome The Lusts Of The Flesh:

Gal. 5:16, "So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature."

Fleeing From Youthful Lusts:

2 Timothy 2:22, "Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart."

Abstaining From Lusts:

Romans 13:14, "But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Grace

Facing the Wall

Sir Edward C. Burne-Jones, the prominent nineteenth-century English artist, went to tea at the home of his daughter. As a special treat his little granddaughter was allowed to come to the table; she misbehaved,and her mother made her stand in the corner with her face to the wall. Sir Edward, a well-trained grandfather, did not interfere with his grandchild's training, but next morning, he arrived at his daughter's home with paints and palette. He went to the wall where the little girl had been forced to stand, and there he painted pictures--- a kitten chasing its tail; lambs in a field; goldfish swimming. He decorated the wall on both sides of that corner with paintings for his granddaughter's delight. If she had to stand in the corner again, at least she would have something to look at.

When a Christian commits sin and is put into a corner, God does not send him to hell. When a child of God sins, he does not fall from grace. Wonderful though it is, instead he falls into grace. If your particular sin has been confessed, God has restored you; when God put you into the corner, He went to you there and painted a picture of His forgiveness and love.

The Grace of God:

John 1:17, "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

Acts 15:10-11, "Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were ablt to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."

1 Cor. 1:4, "I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ."

2 Cor. 12:8-9, "For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most glady therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Titus 2:11-12, "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldy lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world."

The Heart Being Established With Grace:

Hebrews 13:9, "Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein."

The Lord Being Gracious:

Nehemiah 9:31, "Nevertheless for thy great mercies' sake thou didst not utterly consume them, mor forsake them; for htou art a gracious and merciful God."

Psalm 86:15, "But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth."

Psalm 116:5, "Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful."

1 Peter 5:10, "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."

Who The Lord Gives Grace To:

Psalm 84:11, "For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."

Proverbs 3:33-34, "The curse of the Lord is in the house of thw iecked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just. Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly."

James 4:6, "But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."

Who Is Fallen From Grace:

Galatians 5:4-6, "Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; but fiath which worketh by love."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Meekness

Submission

Stephen P. Beck writes:

Driving down a country road, I came to a very narrow bridge. In front of the bridge, a sign was posted: "Yield." Seeing no oncoming cars, I continued across the bridge and to my destination.

On my way back, I came to the same one-lane bridge, now from the other direction. To my surprise, I saw another "Yield" sign posted.
Curious, I thought. I'm sure there was one positioned on the other side.

When I reached the other side of the bridge, I looked back. Sure enough, yield signs had been placed at both ends of the bridge. Drivers from both directions were requested to give the other the right of way. It was a reasonable and gracious way of preventing a head-on collision.

When the Bible commands Christians to "be subject to one another" (Eph. 5:21), it is simply a reasonable and gracious command to let the other have the right of way and avoid interpersonal head-on collisions.

Being Meek:

Ephesians 4:1-2, "I therefore, the prisioner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called. With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love."

Titus 3:1-2, "Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men."

Jesus Christ Being Meek:

Matthew 11:25-30, "25 At that time Jesus answered and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. 26 Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. 27 All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
Philippians 2:5-8, "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

Seeking Meekness:

Zephaniah 2:3, "Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord's anger."

The Meek:

Psalm 22:26, "The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever."

Psalm 25:8-9, "Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners int he way. The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way."

Psalm 37:11, "But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."

Psalm 149:4, "For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Materialism

The story is told of a prosperous, young investment banker who was driving a new BMW sedan on a mountain road during a snowstorm. As he veered around one sharp turn, he lost control and began sliding off the road toward a deep precipice. At the last moment he unbuckled his seat belt, flung open his door, and leaped from the car, which then tumbled down the ravine and burst into a ball of flames.

Though he had escaped with his life, the man suffered a ghastly injury. Somehow his arm had been caught near the hinge of the door as he jumped and had been torn off at the shoulder.

A trucker saw the accident in his rearview mirror. He pulled his rig to a halt and ran to see if he could help. He found the banker standing at the roadside, looking down at the BMW burning in the ravine below. "My BMW! My new BMW!!" the banker moaned, oblivious to his injury.

The trucker pointed at the banker's shoulder and said, "You've got bigger problems than that car. We've got to find your arm. Maybe the surgeons can sew it back on!"

The banker looked where his arm had been, paused a moment, and groaned, "Oh no! My Rolex! My new Rolex!!"

God gives us material possessions so we will enjoy them, not so we will worship them.

1. The desire for more possessions leads to a trap of destruction.

1 Timothy 6:6-9, "6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. 9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition.

Proverbs 28:25-26, "A greedy man stirs up dissension, but he who trusts in the LORD will prosper. He who trusts in himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe."

Proverbs 23:4, "Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint."

2. Desire for riches can sidetrack individuals from their beliefs.

1 Timothy 6:10, "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs."

1 John 2:15, "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

Proverbs 30:8-9, "Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, "Who is the LORD?" Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God."

Matthew 19:24, "Again I tell you, it is easier for aa camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

3. Security is not found in possessions.

1 Timothy 6:17, "Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment."

Isaiah 58:11, "The LORD will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."

Luke 12:15, "Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

4. Those blessed materially need to help those less fortunate.

Proverbs 31:8-9, "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy."

1 Timothy 6:18-19, "Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life."

5. Solutions for avoiding materialism.

Colossians 3:12, "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

Matthew 6:19-21, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Philippians 4:11-13, "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Stumbling Blocks

Ken Walker writes in Christian Reader that in the 1995 college football season 6-foot-2-inch, 280-pound Clay Shiver, who played center for the Florida State Seminoles, was regarded as one of the best int he antion. In fact, one magazine wanted to name him to their preseason All-American football team. But that was a problem, because the magazine was Playboy, and Clay Shiver is a dedicated Christian.

Shiver and the team chaplain suspected that Playboy would select him, and so he had time to prepare his response. Shiver knew well what a boon this could be for his career. Being chosen for this All-American team meant that sportswriters regarded him as the best int he nation at his position. Such publicity never hurts athletes who aspire to the pros and to multimillion-dollar contracts.

But Shiver had higher values and priorities. When informed that Playboy had made him their selection, Clay Shiver simply said, "No thanks." That's right, he flatly turned down the honor. "Clay didn't want to embarrass his mother and grandmother by appearing in the magazine or give old high school friends an excuse to buy that issue," writes Walker. Shiver further explained by quoting Luke 12:48: "To whom much is given, of him much is required."

"I don't want to let anyone down," said Shiver, "and number one on that list is God."

Be a Godly example for others to follow:

1 Tim. 4:12, "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."

Don't ever put a stumbling block in another person's way:

Rom. 14:13, "Let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling blocks or obstacles in your brother's way."

Who shall not stumble?

Psalm 55:22, "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

1 John 2:10, "He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him."

John 11:9, "Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world."

The Lord Preventing You from Slipping

Psalm 66:8-9, "O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard: Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved."

Psalm 94:18, "When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up."

What Is a Stumblingblock to Jews

1 Cor. 1:22-23, "For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness."

Who Stumbles:

Proverbs 4:19, "The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble."

God bless,

Godbe4me

The Lord Preventing You from Slipping

Psalm 66:8-9, "O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard: Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved."

We won't stumble if we follow the Word that shines a light on our path.

Psalm 119:105
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Warnings

In To My People With Love, John Killinger writes:

In her beautiful novel about Maine, The Country of the Pointed firs, Sara Orne Jewett describes the ascent of a woman writer on the pathway leading to the home of a retired sea captain named Elijah Tilley. One the way, the woman notes a number of wooden stakes randomly scattered about the property, with no discernible order. Each is painted white and trimmed in yellow, like the captain's house.

Curious, she asks Captain Tilley what they mean. When he first plowed the ground, he says, his plow snagged on many large rocks just beneath the surface. So he set out stakes where the rocks lay in order to avoid them in the future.

In a sense, this is what God has done with the Ten Commandments....He has said, "These are the trouble spots in life. Avoid these, and you won't snag your plow."

Note: Many warnings are coupled with promises from God to those who trust in him and serve him faithfully.

The way of sin leads to death; the way of obedience to life:

Matt. 7:13-14, "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Only those who hear and obey God's Word will have life:

Matt. 7:21-23, "Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?" Then I will tell them plainly, "I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers."

You will reap what you sow:

Prov. 22:5, "In the paths of the wicked lie thorns and snares, but he who guards his own soul stays far from them."

Prov. 11:19-21, "The truly righteous man attains life, but he who pursues evil goes to his death. The Lord detests men of perverse heart but he delights in those whose ways are blameless. Be sure of this: The wicked will not go unpunished, but those who are righteous will go free."

Gal. 6:7-8, "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life."

No one can serve two masters----God will not accept a double life:

Matt. 6:24, "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

God rejects the worship of one who is living in sin:

Prov. 15:8, "The Lord detests the sacrifice of the wicked, but the prayer of the upright pleases him."

Prov. 15:29, "The LORD is far from the wicked but he hears the prayers of the righteous."

We are warned not to drift away from the LORD:

Heb. 2:1-3, "We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. For if the message spoken by angels was binding, and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment, how shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him."

We are warned not to fall away:

Heb. 6:4-6, "It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace."

Those who have known the way but go on sinning are warned of the consequences:

Heb. 10:26-27, "If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God."

Heb. 10:31, "It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

Don't harden your heart; listen to His voice today!

Heb. 3:7-8, "As the Holy Spirit says, "Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion."

On the judgment day Jesus will separate the sheep from the goats:

Matt. 25:34, "Then the King will say to those on his right, "Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world."

Matt. 25:41, "Then he will say to those on his left, "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

We will all appear before the judgment seat of Christ:

2 Cor. 5:10, "We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad."

The history of others is recorded as a warning for us:

1 Cor. 10:11-12, "These things happen to them [the Israelites] as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come. So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall."

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil:

Isa. 5:20-21, "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Chastisement

In Returning to Your First Love , author and pastor Tony Evans writes:

I'll never forget the time my younger brother rebelled against my father. He didn't like my father's rules....Now, little brother was the Maryland State wrestling champion in the unlimited weight class. At 250 pounds, he was big and strong...

My father told my brother to do something. I don't remember what it was, but my brother didn't think he should have to do it. So he frowned, shook his head, and said "No!"

Dad said, "Oh yes!"

Little brother said, "No!"

My father....took him upstairs, and helped him pack his suitcase. My brother jumped bad and said, "Yeah, I'm leaving! I don't have to take this!"

And he walked out of the house. But he forgot a few things. He forgot he didn't have a job. He forgot it was snowing outside. He forgot he didn't have a car. He jumped bad, but he forgot that when you don't have anything, you don't jump bad.

So twenty minutes later...knock, knock! Brother was at the door wanting to come home. My father delivered him to the elements that he might be taught respect....

When he was put out, my brother was no longer under the protective custody of our home. He had to fend for himself.

So it is with those who come under church discipline.

Chastening Your Children:

Proverbs 19:18, "Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying."

Proverbs 23:13, "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die."

Proverbs 29:17, "Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul."

The Lord Chastening:

Deuteronomy 8:5, "Thou shalt also consider in thine heart,that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the Lord thy God chasteneth thee."

Psalm 118:18, "The Lord hath chastened me sore; but he hath not given me over unto death."

The Reward for Enduring The Chastening Of The Lord:

Hebrews 12:7, "If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?"

The Reward for not receiving correction:

Zephaniah 3:1-2, "Woe to her that is filthy and polluted, to the oppressing city! She obeyed not the voice; she received not correction; she trusted not in the Lord; she drew not near to her God."

Those that spare their rod:

Proverbs 13:24, "He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes."

Those whom the Lord chastens:

Job 5:17, "Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty."

What Chastening does:

Proverbs 20:30, "The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil; so do stripes the inward parts of the belly."

Proverbs 22:15, "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

Proverbs 29:15, "The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame."

Hebrews 12:11, "Now no chasening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby."

Who chastening is for:

Proverbs 10:13, "In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding."

Proverbs 19:29, "Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools."

Who correction is grievous to:

Proverbs 15:10, "Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die."

Who the Lord chastens:

Proverbs 3:11-12, "My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction" For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth."

Hebrews 12:5-6, "And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth."

Why the Lord chastens people:

1 Cor. 11:31-32, "For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Blood of Christ

Dennis fulton, former pilot with the Wings of Caring Ministry in Zaire, tells of landing a newly purchased Cessna 402 at one of his regular stops in the back country.

As always, the villagers excitedly gathered around the plane, but this time Dennis was approached by two men carrying a live chicken. One had the bird by the feet, and the other had it by the head, and before either the chicken or Dennis knew what was happening, the fowl's head and body parted company. The man with the flopping chicken corpse began swinging it over his head, round and round, with predictable results. Dressed in a freshly pressed white shirt, Dennis was splattered with chicken blood, as were the plane and the villagers.

When Dennis asked what that meant, a native explained that for generations, the splattered blood had signified an end to suffering. To the people of Zaire, the Cessna promised hope and help of all kinds.

In a graphic way, the splattered blood of that chicken, signifying the end of suffering, was a fitting reminder of the blood Christ shed to end the suffering of a world caught in the grip of sin.

Blood making an atonement for the soul:

Leviticus 5:6, "And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the Lord for his sin which he hath sinned, a female from the flock, a lamb or a kid of the goats, for a sin offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his sin."

Leviticus 17:11, "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

Matthew 26:26-28, "And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it' For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

Romans 5:8-11, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement."

Jesus Christ's Blood:

John 6:53-55, "Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed."

1 Cor. 11:23-25, "For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me."

1 John 1:7, "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

Those that drink the blood of Jesus Christ Unworthily:

1 Cor. 11:27-29, "Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateh and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body."

God bless,
Godbe4me

Divorce
J. Allan Peterson, in The Myth of the Greener Grass, writes:
Newspaper columnist and minister George Crane tells of a wife who came into his office full of hatred toward her husband. "I do not only want to get rid of him; I want to get even. Before I divorce him, I want to hurt him as much as he has me."
Dr. Crane sugested an ingenious plan. "Go home and act as if you really love your husband. Tell him how much he means to you. Praise him for every decent trait. Go out of your way to be as kind, considerate, and generous as possible. Spare no efforts to please him, to enjoy him. Make him believe you love him. After you've convinced him of your undying love and that you cannot live without him, then drop the bomb. Tell him that you're getting a divorce. That will really hurt him."
With revenge in her eyes, she smiled and exclaimed, "Beautiful, beautiful. Will he ever be surprised!"
And she did it with enthusiasm. Acting "as if." For two months she showed love, kindness, listening, giving, reinforcing, sharing.
When she didn't return, Crane called. "Are you ready now to go through with the divorce?"
"Divorce!" she exclaimed. "Never! I discovered I really do love him." Her actions had changed her feelings. Motion resulted in emotion. The ability to love is established not so much by fervent promises as often the repeated deeds.
When God instituted marriage he made it clear that the marriage bond is to be permanent:
Gen. 2:24, "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh."
God hates divorce:
Mal. 2:16, "I hate divorce," says the Lord God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the Lord Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith."
Jesus says: No divorce, except in the case of adultery:
Matt. 5:31-32, "It has been said, "Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce." But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaitfulness, causes her to commit adultery, and anyone who marries a woman so divorced commits adultery."
Matt. 19:4-6, "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
Husband and wife are bound together until death separates them:
Rom. 7:1-3, "Do you not know, brothers---for I am speaking to men who know the law that the law has authority over a man only as long as he lives? For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of marriage. So then, if she marries another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law ans is not an adulteress, even though she marries another man."
A believer may not initiate a divorce from an unbelieving spouse:
1 Cor. 7:10-16, "
10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife. 12 But to the rest I, not the Lord, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her. 13 And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace. 16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?

If the unbelieving spouse wnats to depart, he or she may do so:

1 Cor. 7:15, "If the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances."

The believing spouse must seek reconciliation when trouble arises:

Rom. 12:18, "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."

Matt. 5:23-24, "If you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift."

Why Moses allowed divorce:

Matt. 19:7-8, "They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so."

God bless,
Godbe4me

Rest

Surrender/Rest

Bruce Larson, in Believe and Belong, tells how he helped people struggling to surrender their lives to Christ:

For many years I worked in New York City and counseled at my office any number of people who were wrestling with this yes-or-no decision. Often I would suggest they walk with me from my office down to the RCA Building on Fifth Avenue. In the entrance of that building is a gigantic statue of Atlas, a beautifully proportioned man who, with all his muscles straining, is holding the world upon his shoulders. There he is, the most powerfully built man in the world, and he can barely stand up under this burden. "Now that's one way to live," I would point out to my companion, "trying to carry the world on your shoulders. But now come across the street with me."

On the other side of Fifth Avenus is Saint Patrick's Cathedral, and there behind the high altar is a little shrine of the boy Jesus, perhaps eight or nine years old, and with no effort he is holding the world in one hand. My point was illustrated graphically.

We have a choice. We can carry the world on our shoulders, or we can say, "I give up, Lord; here's my life. I give you my world, the whole world."

Christ gives peace and rest to all who come to him in faith:

Matt. 11:28-30, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble n heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Peace comes through justification by faith in Jesus:

Rom. 5:1, "Since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Jesus gives us peace:

John 14:27, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Jesus was punished for our sins so that we may have peace:

Isa. 53:5, "The punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."

Humble trust in the Lord gives peace:

Ps. 4:8, "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."

God promises peace to his people:

Ps. 85:8, "I will listen to what God the Lord will say; he promises peace tohis people, his saints--but let them not return to folly."

Peace is the result of being controlled by the Spirit:

Rom. 8:6, "The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace."

Peace is the fruit of the Spirit:

Gal. 5:22-23, "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

The peace of God comes through praying in faith:

Phil. 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Those who walk uprightly enter into peace:

Isa. 57:2, "Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death."

There is no peace for the wicked:

Isa. 57:21, "There is no peace," says my God, "for the wicked."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Appearances

When you think of someone buying a luxury home with a price tag of more than $300,000, you expect the new home to be of high quality. Such is not always the case, writes Julie Iovine in the Chicago Tribune. The preliminary designs for the new home of Michael Eisner, the head of Disney, included one wall that was so thin it would have buckled under its own weight. The $40 million new home of one billionaire software developer had pine siding so vulnerable to decay it started to rot before the home was even completed. It is easy for buyers to mistake luxury for quality. Experts in the home building industry say that "most buyers agonize over the wrong things."

Tom Kligerman, a Manhattan architect, says many buyers "find it boring to spend money on foundations and stud walls. They'd rather spend it on what they can see."

A builder of luxury homes said, "It appears that what sells houses depends on having a tub large enough for at least two people, and probably more; flashy stairs....and other glitzy, totally unnecessary elements, as opposed to statial or constructional qualtiy."

As it is with homes, so it is with people. Too many people put all their effort into image and appearance and pay no attention to the quality of their character.

Concentrate on inner beauty rather than outer beauty:

1 Peter 3:3-5, "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided har and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands."

Outward beauty is fleeting:

Proverbs 31:30, "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a women who fears the Lord is to be praised."

God sees the heart

1 Samuel 16:7, "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

Luke 16:15, "He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eye of men, but God knows your heart. What is hightly valued among men is detestable in God's sight."

Physical Appearance:

Romans 12:1, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service."

Romans 12:2, "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

Genesis 1:26, "Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Colossians 3:12-14, "Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony."

God bless,

Godbe4me

Back