What Does It Mean To Be Co-heirs With Christ?

I know that one day, we will all be co-heirs with Christ. Hebrews 1 says that God appointed His Son to be the heir of all things. So, we will be co-heirs of all things. But, what does that mean, exactly? God created the earth, Jesus is the heir and will rule the earth, we are co-heirs, but how will we rule the earth?

Thanks,

TB

We will rule and reign with Him which was God's original plan but man gave the deed to the ranch away...In Genesis 1 God gives humankind "dominion" over all the things on the earth. It was intended we would rule this realm under His Lordship. The rules were very simple...live, eat, love, make babies, subdue, replenish, prune...there was not much we were not to do and all we had to do was knowing His love and concern be aware that His warnings from love were serious...He was God and knew/knows the end from the beginning...but we fell for the gospel of doubt, questioning God's word and His motives and saw in our vanity a power in deciding good and evil for ourselves (Genesis 3:5)...we listened instead to Belial and now suffer the consequences of spiritual separation from our loving father (Isa. 59)..so because God gave this dominion to man and man lost it to the present ruler of this world, it would take a man to gain it back, but we could not because all will eventually sin and thus we are in bondage to this death...so He became a man (sent His Son) to free us from this curse.

Hebrews 2:14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver ( to snatch away, rescue, save) them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

So though as yet sinners, Christ died for us...so the Son of God came as a son of man so the sons of man could once again become the sons of God...

Sorry, but I'm still not understanding, or perhaps I'm not asking correctly. We will rule and reign with him....but what will we be doing? How can all the saved people reign together? Who will they reign over? I understand the concept of being a co-heir with Christ (call that the 30,000 foot view), but I'm asking for a more detailed explanation.

Sorry, but I'm still not understanding, or perhaps I'm not asking correctly. We will rule and reign with him....but what will we be doing? How can all the saved people reign together? Who will they reign over? I understand the concept of being a co-heir with Christ (call that the 30,000 foot view), but I'm asking for a more detailed explanation.

Unfortunately there can only be so much detail...but in its simplest form it means like Christ (heir of all things because He is the Son) we shall be joint or co-heirs because we are now the sons of God (no longer merely human but partakers of the divine nature). We are now looking forward to our own glorification (like Him) as the new creatures we have already become in the Spirit. We are not meant to be someone elses boss but to benefit from all God originally intended for us for "Ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear, but ye have received the spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." The Kingdom of God shall be ours and the earth shall be ours and God shall be our Father and there will be no more death, or pain, or tears...I do not know how much more specific one can make it.

Back