What does our lord mean by.........

What does our lord mean by lawlessness?

Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers
1 Tim 1:9

Lawlessness is the state where unrighteous men are subjected to.

"Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness."
I John 3:4

"If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us." I John 1:8

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I John 1:9

He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, But he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion. Proverbs 28:13

No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. I John 3:6

none of us are perfect but we press on to the upward call in Christ Jesus [Philippians 3:14]. We don't pamper our sin or pet it, but slay it by the Spirit [Romans 8:13], confess it to God, and continually forsake it. The Holy Spirit convicts us of it [John 16:8]. No one who knows God and has His Spirit living in him unrepentantly lives in sin; that man is a liar and without the spirit [Jude 1:17-19].

Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness." II Timothy 2:19

May God bless you

Back