What does Scripture say about this ?

It cannot be denied that science has produced some most peaceful and helpful advances into our everyday lives. On the other hand it may be argued that we would be better off if the destructive inventions were not so frequently used and "improved upon". Scripture can be seen to uphold the one side and condemn the other.

But now recent research has produced the most amazing results, and it is difficult to see what Jesus would have said about this.
Today's news is headlined "Motherless babies possible as scientists create live offspring without need for female egg".
The newspaper article may be seen at
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...ssible-as-scientists-create-live-offspring-w/

Is there any connection here with the Virgin Birth ?

It cannot be denied that science has produced some most peaceful and helpful advances into our everyday lives. On the other hand it may be argued that we would be better off if the destructive inventions were not so frequently used and "improved upon". Scripture can be seen to uphold the one side and condemn the other.

But now recent research has produced the most amazing results, and it is difficult to see what Jesus would have said about this.
Today's news is headlined "Motherless babies possible as scientists create live offspring without need for female egg".
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...ssible-as-scientists-create-live-offspring-w/

Hi Smiler,
The only connection to the Virgin birth I believe would be an a temp by the enemy the devil to finally have created man in his image.

They may think the got this all figured out but in the end, well Sir I do not believe it will work out.

Not to mention if it did work......this would be a race of people that man and the devil has created. ..... not much of a future before them.
Blessings
FCJ

Yes, I can see sense along those lines, FCJ.

For a long time I have been saying that all the scientific research in quantum mechanics is getting deeper and deeper into what some regard as "thinking God's thoughts after Him". But I can only visualise the target as being the creation of life, and its control.

I think you could be right.

It sounds as if a woman who is childless through having no ovum could still be a natural mother using DNA from other parts of her body.
All this might achieve the desired end, but if this is in God's will, should the same be better attained though prayer ?

If these beings are not offspring of what God created (Adam) wouldn't they be without soul and spirit? How could they have a conscience? Frightening to imagine what the offspring of Satan and man would be like.

It sounds as if a woman who is childless through having no ovum could still be a natural mother using DNA from other parts of her body.
All this might achieve the desired end, but if this is in God's will, should the same be better attained though prayer ?

Going to God and trusting Him should be first and foremost. However this is where man has messed things up from the beginning and where the Babylonian system has come from....man trying to achieve God's results without God.

If these beings are not offspring of what God created (Adam) wouldn't they be without soul and spirit? How could they have a conscience? Frightening to imagine what the offspring of Satan and man would be like.

Something to remember is that although the methods are not natural...the things that they are using are all apart of God's creation. Everything on this earth comes from something God has already created.
But yes I agree very interesting and frightning.

The Red Flag in the article for me was
Now two Men can have child (baby) together with out a woman.

Amen God Does Not Need science to open up a barren womb nor test tubes in order to Bless His Child with life in her womb even if Doctors see only compaction.

God is a big and mighty God and if we allow Him, well then He has got this or anything for us.
Blessings
FCJ

This has been a question that also relates to cloning..
Sheep and mice are one thing, but I hate to contemplate what might fill the void if an empty human body was filled with something not from God.

Hi Smiler, interesting article.
Unfortunately the reporting seems to be a bit confused, but following the general gist of what is being said I can see it leading to a massive moral road block.
I'm not seeing anything in scripture that might be speaking to the results of this line of tinkering, so hopefully it will fizzle out.:)

I'm not seeing anything in scripture that might be speaking to the results of this line of tinkering, so hopefully it will fizzle out.:)

Being that the devil is the master deceiver, and counterfeiter....it's very possible for him to be behind this to try to create his own person or people. It's just one more thing to try to imitate God's ways.

Blessings

1 John 3:10
By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

The devil has plenty of his own people. That just makes me wonder if he is trying to make a species that's unredeemable.

By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

The devil has plenty of his own people. That just makes me wonder if he is trying to make a species that's unredeemable.

If everything that was said about the giants is true...then he has done it once already. And has been waiting for the right time to do it again.

And if what one gentleman said about the chip and the mark of the beast being filled with Nephiliam dna so that the people can live for 500 years....then it's entirely possible that he's at it again. For he hates God and desires to take as many to the lake of fire with him as possible. Plus it coincides with the mass rebellion that is due to take place before the new heaven and new earth is due to arrive, when God permanently gets rid of all evil.

Thinking about how long man lived before the flood. He could accomplish a lot. Can you imagine saying, "Well honey, I'm 100, I think I'll study the weather." At 150 he says, "Well honey, I saw Joe break his arm the other day. Maybe I'll study medicine." At 200 he says, "Did you see the moss growing on the walls? I want to learn about microbiology." 250, an architect; 300, a rocket scientist; at 400 a chemist; and still be only half their entire life. At 800 he could say, I think I'll retire for the next 100 years. There is evidence man once had laser cutters, wifi electricity (Tesla proved that in modern times), and they could literally move mountains. Things today we're just learning how to do, they did. If we still cannot do what they did, does this verse make sense now about genetics?

Genesis 6:12 (KJV)
And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.​

It's taken humans from that time until now to get back to that way of thinking. And after the idea in the 1880's until "Babies without mothers" on the studies of 4 generations, myriad of people. Imagine what one guy living 800 years could accomplish in one field! The end result will be the same: all flesh corrupted.

Just my two cents.

The end result will be the same: all flesh corrupted.
I was thinking that way earlier too.
Then I understood that the word of God is not saying that man corrupted his flesh, rather all flesh had corrupted 'his way'.
not saying that all flesh was corrupted. I think there is a big difference.
It does say that 'all flesh had corrupted his (man's) way' not 'corrupted his own flesh'
just my perspective.

Well let's see loriT would there be any profit in it for him?

Counterfeiting God's creation unto a true creation of himself. Thus finally thinking he is god. Now if there was any chance of these hybrids re-producing......well he could attempt to breed out God's creation. Rofl....that Ain't gonna happen. ....

I have one thing to say
ba8e403f986974b055749fbf77aab043.jpg

Being that the devil is the master deceiver, and counterfeiter....it's very possible for him to be behind this to try to create his own person or people. It's just one more thing to try to imitate God's ways.

Blessings
Thankyou and to you also.
Well, if the Lord is not behind this stuff, the options are narrowed down as you say.
I wonder though if it is not just yet another way to take man's focus off the Lord and try to take centre stage just as in Eden?
Gen 3:5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
And man has been trying to make this lie work ever since.(n)

Back