What Does The Bible Say About Consequences For Our Actions?

What are some Bible verses that talk about our consequences for our behaviour?

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Galatians 6:7-8 - Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Romans 5:12 - Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Jude 1:7 - Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Mark 9:43 - And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

1 John 3:4 - Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Proverbs 14:12 - There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death.

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Philippians 3:18-19 - (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, [that they are] the enemies of the cross of Christ.

Matthew 13:42 - And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

1 John 2:11 - But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

What are some Bible verses that talk about our consequences for our behaviour?
I'd suggest all of Ezekiel chapter 3. But as an excerpt, I'd share this verse now: Ezekiel 3:18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

James 3:1 "Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly."

Proverbs 25:26-28
Like a muddied spring or a polluted fountain
is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked.
27 It is not good to eat much honey,
nor is it glorious to seek one's own glory.
28 A man without self-control
is like a city broken into and left without walls.

Proverbs 22:6

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 29:15 The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.

Numbers 32:23 (NLT)
But if you fail to keep your word, then you will have sinned against the Lord, and you may be sure that your sin will find you out.

Back