What Does The Bible Say About Faith?

A wonderful one:
Understand, therefore, that the L-RD your G-d is G-d, the faithful G-d Who knows covenant and mercy with those who love Him and keep His commandments to a thousand generations [Deuteronomy 7:9].

I’d like to show you another perspective of faith that I’d think you’d appreciate. In today’s world, where miracles are not so obvious, we can understand why faith is difficult to achieve. But a lack of faith is not a new problem; throughout the Bible we see those that have difficulty with faith, even when God’s miracles are visible.

This leads me to believe that there is another dimension to faith, one that takes place after one accepts the existence of God.

I saw this great video today that led me to this thought:

http://alephbeta.org/course/lecture/devarim-what-does-it-mean-to-have-faith

Rats. My computer does not let me hear your site very well. I will have to wait until I get home. Thank you!!

Jesus described "faith" as a servant that is sent out, and then returns back after accomplishing its job.
Once "faith" returns, it is sent out again.
Faith does not grow in strength from small, medium, and then gumbo size. Faith does not grow in quality, but in quantity.
There is only one faith, but that one faith can do multiple things all at the same time.
A Christian can have faith, and unbelief at the same time also. You can have faith in your salvation, but have no faith in believing God will provide all your needs.

Luk 17:6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
Luk 17:7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
Luk 17:8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?

Heb 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Last edited:
Back