What does this mean to you?

Matthew 10:27: "What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs."

Nearly every religion out there has "Secret Knowledge"... Levels of "Enlightenment"... As you go from a novice to a "journeyman" to a "Master" - they clue you in to more and more Secrets.... Secrets that are only known to the "Master"... Religious texts that are hidden, knowledge outside the books that is kept away from anyone but the "Masters"... Special rituals and rites that are hidden, etc...

Jesus is doing the opposite... This was His specific direction that "The Way" was NOT to be a secret sect within Judaism as the Kaballah has become.. You don't have to find the "Sages" with the "Knowledge" revealed to them... There are no "Secrets" that are not there in the open for people to understand....

Now... Does that mean that everybody "Gets" the full depth of knowledge in the bible? I think we all know the answer to this... but it's not as if it's SECRET knowledge that people don't have access to.... No, on the contrary - it's knowledge that you extract as you gain more and more familiarity with the scripture and how it ties into itself and as God opens it up to you...

Thanks

Nearly every religion out there has "Secret Knowledge"... Levels of "Enlightenment"... As you go from a novice to a "journeyman" to a "Master" - they clue you in to more and more Secrets.... Secrets that are only known to the "Master"... Religious texts that are hidden, knowledge outside the books that is kept away from anyone but the "Masters"... Special rituals and rites that are hidden, etc...

Jesus is doing the opposite... This was His specific direction that "The Way" was NOT to be a secret sect within Judaism as the Kaballah has become.. You don't have to find the "Sages" with the "Knowledge" revealed to them... There are no "Secrets" that are not there in the open for people to understand....

Now... Does that mean that everybody "Gets" the full depth of knowledge in the bible? I think we all know the answer to this... but it's not as if it's SECRET knowledge that people don't have access to.... No, on the contrary - it's knowledge that you extract as you gain more and more familiarity with the scripture and how it ties into itself and as God opens it up to you...

Thanks

But, what does that say to you about what you are supposed to do? How does Jesus speak to you in the dark? What is whispered in your ear? How is this done? Then, what are you supposed to do with it?

But, what does that say to you about what you are supposed to do? How does Jesus speak to you in the dark? What is whispered in your ear? How is this done? Then, what are you supposed to do with it?

oooooooooooooooooooo I got it now....

I tend to understand through scripture... Stuff just makes sense and the light turns on...

Then.. What do I do with it? Some stuff I post on here - and everybody argues that there's nothing to it... Some stuff I tell to various friends... Most stuff I write down in my notebook.... I find it's really good to crystallize thoughts by writing them down...

How about you?

oooooooooooooooooooo I got it now....

I tend to understand through scripture... Stuff just makes sense and the light turns on...

Then.. What do I do with it? Some stuff I post on here - and everybody argues that there's nothing to it... Some stuff I tell to various friends... Most stuff I write down in my notebook.... I find it's really good to crystallize thoughts by writing them down...

How about you?

Thank you John. I appreciate those thoughts.

I think the passage, as applied to our lives, has to do with our quiet times with God/Jesus each day where we spend time in his word, pray, sing, hear from him and then go out and do what he says. I believe some things he tells us are personal to just us, and some things he teaches us in those times with him apply to all of us. I don't believe he wants us to keep these things to ourselves, but that he intends for us to share with others what he is teaching us and for their strengthening and encouragement in the faith or for their salvation. So, he led me to post what he teaches me here on the Internet. For others it may be different, but I believe he wants us to share.

It's a really good point.... It got me to thinking, though... How easy it is to just reject these sort of ideas and thoughts right out of hand without really searching the scriptures....

I thought of Acts 17:11
Now these (the bereans) were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

Notice how they were willing to hear and to receive the word - but they did not trust without verification.... They willingly LISTENED, but they then poured through the scriptures to validate the teachings (and the teachers as well) .... Notice how this is considered MORE noble...

Thanks

It's a really good point.... It got me to thinking, though... How easy it is to just reject these sort of ideas and thoughts right out of hand without really searching the scriptures....

I thought of Acts 17:11
Now these (the bereans) were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

Notice how they were willing to hear and to receive the word - but they did not trust without verification.... They willingly LISTENED, but they then poured through the scriptures to validate the teachings (and the teachers as well) .... Notice how this is considered MORE noble...

Thanks

They were noble because they willingly listened and didn't quench the Spirit, though that may apply to believers only, but they tested the spirits to see if they were of God before they just accepted everything someone said to them. So, it is good to listen, but then to check it out to make sure it is really God speaking, i.e. it should be consistent with the teachings of scripture (with the gospel) and with God's divine character and will. But when we are sure of what God is saying to us, then we should share with others what he is teaching us and not keep it to ourselves.

Back