What happened to the Ark of the Covenant?

Jeffin

Webmaster
Staff member
Helper

The Bible does not record what happened to the Ark of the Covenant. Tradition says that the Prophet Jeremiah took the Ark and hid it in the catacombs beneath the temple as the Babylonians were getting ready to conquer and destroy Jerusalem. According to this tradition, the Ark remains hidden in the catacombs beneath Jerusalem, waiting for the day that a Jewish temple is rebuilt. The Babylonians conquered Jerusalem in 586 B.C. The Bible does seem to indicate that the Ark of the Covenant will be rediscovered in the end times. Revelation 11:19, "Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a great hailstorm."

Reproduced with permission. © Copyright 2002-2006 Got Questions Ministries.

Brother Jeff.

I heard that it is being kept safe in Africa at an early Christian Church there.
But thats just something I saw on one of those History Chanel shows once.
The truth is I dont much trust anything that has to do with our Faith, that they show on televison. They ALWAYS seems to water the truth down, or simply lie.

:)

I dont believe the television either. Yesterday, I was watching a documetary about biblical times and they were trying to prove that some of the incidents in the bible did not happen. :eek: But thats just one group of people. There are lots of evidences to prove Bible right but people just cant accept that.

God's Ark of the Covenant.

I agree with Jeff and blucolarchristian! :cool:

My family and I have seen documentaries on the
Ark of the Covenant on the History and Discovery
channels.

Yeah, a lot of times they downplay the 'miracles of
God' , change things around to suit their own brand
of reality.

The last I heard, it is 'supposed' to be in 'Ethiopia'
in a church or shrine or something, carefully guarded by
a group of zealot, Ethiopian Christians.

Here's a good site I think that will expound on this most
awesome and important Judeo-Christian symbol of God's
unchanging covenant with His people!

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-abr/abr-a002.html

God Bless,

Set Free!

One of the Roman monuments celebrating Titus' destruction of Jerusalem, shows the Ark of the Covenant being carried away by Roman soldiers, but we have not strictly historical record of that actually occuring. Is it tucked away in an obscure corner of the Vatican Library?????

No One Knows!

No one knows really where or who
or when the 'Ark of the Covenant'
will be revealed.

arkofthecovenant1fl5.jpg
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/3194/arkofthecovenant1fl5.jpg

But thank God for 'The Ark', Jesus, His Son who
brought us the new and living covenant!

Hebrews 9:23: It was therefore necessary that
the patterns of things in the heavens should be
purified with these; but the heavenly things
themselves with better sacrifices than these.

Heb:9:24: For Christ is not entered into the holy
places made with hands, which are the figures of
the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in
the presence of God for us.

God Bless,

Set Free!

Ark of covenant

arkofthecovenanthp4.png

Interesting stuff. :D Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ark_of_the_Covenant) has some information too. Unless it's written in the Bible, there's no way we can confirm were it's actually located.

The absence of this ark should'nt matter to us because, Jesus went through a greater and more perfect tabernacle, pouring out His own blood for our redemption. :) :) :)

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. (Heb 9:15)

I Agree!

The absence of this ark should'nt matter to us because, Jesus went through a greater and more perfect tabernacle, pouring out His own blood for our redemption. :) :) :)

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. (Heb 9:15)
[/quote]

I agree with brother Set Free! and brother Jeff! :D

It's just like 'where' is the body of Moses really buried'? Deteronomy 34:5,6. Who cares!!!

Peace Be Unto You All,

WPN-X

Yeah the Ark should not matter to us. Rumor does have it though that it is in the capital of Eithiopia. Where a group of priests claim to be descendents of the Levitical priesthood. It is very interesting. Would a person still die if they touch the Ark? I would not want to find out, but I am still curious about that. God speed.

Remember, the Nazis found it in Indiana Jones, and then their faces got fried off by the power of God. hehe Harrison Ford has it tucked away somewher ein his millenium falcon.

jk.

Back