What I Need Is A Friend

I love the hymn "What a friend we have in Jesus" because it describes a relationship with our Lord like a friendship. And sometimes that's all I can understand out of the theology and out of the mess of my sins .. that He is my friend. Friends don't judge me, friends are always there to encourage me. Some friends stick to you closer than a brother, it's said. When all I can feel and all I can sense is my enemy's condemnation, and his accusations against not only me, but against God - I cried out to the Lord and said, "I have nothing good to give you God, but I need you to be my friend right now." It helped me today, and I hope it's an encouragement to those who need a true friend who is also the God of the universe, in Jesus Christ.

I love the hymn "What a friend we have in Jesus" because it describes a relationship with our Lord like a friendship. And sometimes that's all I can understand out of the theology and out of the mess of my sins .. that He is my friend. Friends don't judge me, friends are always there to encourage me. Some friends stick to you closer than a brother, it's said. When all I can feel and all I can sense is my enemy's condemnation, and his accusations against not only me, but against God - I cried out to the Lord and said, "I have nothing good to give you God, but I need you to be my friend right now." It helped me today, and I hope it's an encouragement to those who need a true friend who is also the God of the universe, in Jesus Christ.

Banjo........you be strong in the Lord my brother!

Cast your cares onto the Lord for He is able to lift us up. We have a lift in Christ!

I'm sure that we all need to stop and remember that in Jesus we have a true friend.

This is really wonderful Banjo! Thank for sharing, yes we do have the most perfect friend in Jesus. He is our everything! Amen. Love that hymn, the words are priceless.

God Bless

Back