What I want now ...

There are struggles that dwell within most hearts be they young or old, and for some the struggles fought within are few and easily won, but for others the struggles within seem constant and keep hearts weary and troubled. It is the battle between right and wrong, good and evil, light and darkness. This struggle can be based on future plans but most often the struggle is current and in the moment.

A dear friend taught me a valuable lesson with words that he would say to me at times, "Do not give up what you want most for what you want now." At times the moment that we find ourselves in can affect the future moments of our life in great and powerful ways. It is all rooted in choice, but choices can be greatly affected by the people around us and the situations we find ourselves in. To control our choices we need to control the moments and the situations that we place ourselves in.

The power of now is a great power. If your "now" moment is a moment in heavenly light surrounded by love and light then power will be given to you to make wise choices but if your "now" moment is a moment in darkness, or in the shadows near light, surrounded by others who are depressed, drunk, or angry, then your choices will be affected by your moment and wise choices become most difficult. See the end before you begin, surround yourself with light and with people of the light and do not give up what you want most for what you want now.

Back