What Is an Affirmation?

Affirmation— dictionary definition
1. The act of affirming or the state of being affirmed; assertion.
2. Something declared to be true; a positive statement or judgment.
3. A statement intended to provide encouragement, emotional support, or motivation, especially when used for the purpose of autosuggestion.
4. Law The assertion that the testimony one gives is true and equivalent to that which would be given while under oath.
I believe that prayer is a form of affirmation. I say this because prayer does not end with simply having a conversation with God. Our prayers are built on faith. There are so many definitions for the word faith, but they all have the same meaning strong belief or trust in someone or something: belief in the existence of God: strong religious feelings or beliefs: a system of religious beliefs. Or my favorite Hebrews 11:1 now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. I know I know Get to the point. The reason I said that prayer and positive affirmations are one in the same, is because of Mark 11:24-25. It states 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.
There are so many books that claim to tell us the secret behind what it takes to acquire the things we need. Don’t get me wrong many of these books are quite informational, and pretty good reads. The truth is the bible has given us all the instruction we need on affirming our needs. I won’t name drop, but I will say that God deserves the glory, not the universe. So let’s get real, we had access to this information long before it became popular in 2006. http://restoringfaithandgrace.net/what-is-an-affirmation/
So to sound like a broken record I come right back to “speak life” Proverbs 18:21
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. There is power in our thoughts and our words.
http://tinyurl.com/ohko6ak

Back