What is Christian Worldview?

Hopefully I'm in the right room to ask for this matter...

Thinking about it, and how to face many issues in the world which oppose Christianity values, still in my head...

Need your blessed mind to enlighten me

Thank you

My first thought is Romans 13.

Romans 13
Respect for Authority
13 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. 3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. 4 The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. 5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.

6 Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid. They are serving God in what they do. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and government fees to those who collect them, and give respect and honor to those who are in authority.

Love Fulfills God’s Requirements
8 Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law. 9 For the commandments say, “You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not covet.” These—and other such commandments—are summed up in this one commandment: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law.

11 This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here. So remove your dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armor of right living. 13 Because we belong to the day, we must live decent lives for all to see. Don’t participate in the darkness of wild parties and drunkenness, or in sexual promiscuity and immoral living, or in quarreling and jealousy. 14 Instead, clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don’t let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires.

Hello Delf.
The Christian value is based on Truth. The truth of the matter. The truth behind the worldview of anything (people, places, things, and situations). The truth will set us free.

The world resists the truth, they say the truth hurts, and the world will almost do anything to avoid being hurt. The world will grasp an anything that will help them to feel justified to deny and defy the truth. In this way, they believe they are diverting responsibility for their own truth. It's been like that since the beginning.

How to face this? Pray and meditate on the Words spoken by Jesus Christ, in the bible, for starters. Take in His truths, and I am sure the rest of Truth will unfold like a flower in blossom.

Thinking about it, and how to face many issues in the world which oppose Christianity values, still in my head...

Thank you

Welcome Delf,
I am glad to see you here in CFS and I hope you stick around and gert to know one another. The folks in here are awesome and have a wonderful heart towards God and the staff is always prepared to help you out and do a super job at keeping things running smoothly and safe. Best forum out there my friend. Oh and cool avatar !! ;)

Christian Values,
Now this could be a long reply but for now it will be as simple as 1-2-3
Being Christ Like - Honest in all things - Loving in all situations - always believing the best in some one - walking with integrity no matter what every one else is doing - living a pure and wholesome life - not acting like those of the world and living true and just and clean.

You can do all of this simply by remembering 3 scriptures and putting them into practice.
By doing so you will learn all of His ways and learn how to walk in Love and Forgiveness and live by Faith. It is the very best way coupled with prayer you are able to go out amongst this world and it's ways and not be tainted by it and to shine as light in this world.

Romans 12:2 kjv
2... And be NOT conformed to this world; BUT be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable, perfect WILL OF GOD.

2Corinthians 10:4-5 KJV
4... For our weapons of our warfare are not carnal but Mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;
5... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and Bringing into Captivity EVERY THOUGHT to the OBEDIENCE of Christ.

Galatians 5:16 kjv
16... This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Another words...learn to walk in the way of God and you will not be controlled by the fleshly desires that are at war with you and the world walks in.

Now then one more thing.....Do not forget to get dressed for the day !!
Ephesians 6:10-18 Put on the full armor of God !!
I hope this helps
God Bless Delf
Jim

Welcome Delf,
I am glad to see you here in CFS and I hope you stick around and gert to know one another. The folks in here are awesome and have a wonderful heart towards God and the staff is always prepared to help you out and do a super job at keeping things running smoothly and safe. Best forum out there my friend. Oh and cool avatar !! ;)

Christian Values,
Now this could be a long reply but for now it will be as simple as 1-2-3
Being Christ Like - Honest in all things - Loving in all situations - always believing the best in some one - walking with integrity no matter what every one else is doing - living a pure and wholesome life - not acting like those of the world and living true and just and clean.

You can do all of this simply by remembering 3 scriptures and putting them into practice.
By doing so you will learn all of His ways and learn how to walk in Love and Forgiveness and live by Faith. It is the very best way coupled with prayer you are able to go out amongst this world and it's ways and not be tainted by it and to shine as light in this world.

Romans 12:2 kjv
2... And be NOT conformed to this world; BUT be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable, perfect WILL OF GOD.

2Corinthians 10:4-5 KJV
4... For our weapons of our warfare are not carnal but Mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;
5... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and Bringing into Captivity EVERY THOUGHT to the OBEDIENCE of Christ.

Galatians 5:16 kjv
16... This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Another words...learn to walk in the way of God and you will not be controlled by the fleshly desires that are at war with you and the world walks in.

Now then one more thing.....Do not forget to get dressed for the day !!
Ephesians 6:10-18 Put on the full armor of God !!
I hope this helps
God Bless Delf
Jim
Thank you so much for your reply Jim..
I was so blessed when read your message... Very useful... And I'm willing to, with His guidance, do and implement 3 verses above in my daily life...

Now I'm learning how to find my answer about 'Christian worldview' :)

May His presence fills you everyday Jim :) amen

Romans 13
Respect for Authority
13 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. 3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. 4 The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. 5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.

6 Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid. They are serving God in what they do. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and government fees to those who collect them, and give respect and honor to those who are in authority.

8 Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law. 9 For the commandments say, “You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not covet.” These—and other such commandments—are summed up in this one commandment: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law.

11 This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here. So remove your dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armor of right living. 13 Because we belong to the day, we must live decent lives for all to see. Don’t participate in the darkness of wild parties and drunkenness, or in sexual promiscuity and immoral living, or in quarreling and jealousy. 14 Instead, clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don’t let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires.
Thank you so much

Hello Delf.
The Christian value is based on Truth. The truth of the matter. The truth behind the worldview of anything (people, places, things, and situations). The truth will set us free.

The world resists the truth, they say the truth hurts, and the world will almost do anything to avoid being hurt. The world will grasp an anything that will help them to feel justified to deny and defy the truth. In this way, they believe they are diverting responsibility for their own truth. It's been like that since the beginning.

How to face this? Pray and meditate on the Words spoken by Jesus Christ, in the bible, for starters. Take in His truths, and I am sure the rest of Truth will unfold like a flower in blossom.
Thank you Peter Luke, i know now how christian values takes place in worldview of places, situations, conditions, etc. :)

Thank you

Delf. Glad to see you here! First of all we need to understand what a "World View" is.

A worldview is the framework from which we view reality and try to make sense of life and the world that is all around us.

"It can be any ideology, philosophy, theology, movement or religion that provides an overarching approach to understanding God, the world and man's relations to God and the world," says David Noebel, author of Understanding the Times.
For example, a 2-year-old believes he's the center of his world, a secular humanist believes that the material world is all that exists, and a Buddhist believes he can be liberated from suffering by self-purification.

There are so many different Christian teachings out in the world today, the better question would be I think...what is a Biblical World View?

A biblical worldview is based on the infallible Word of God. When you believe the Bible is literaly and entirely true, then you allow it to be the foundation of everything you say and do.

I couldn't agree more; Yet the bickering and protesting over politics has always baffled me, Christians. I wonder what the Lord really thinks about all of this that goes on in Christianity.
Romans 13
Respect for Authority

I couldn't agree more; Yet the bickering and protesting over politics has always baffled me, Christians. I wonder what the Lord really thinks about all of this that goes on in Christianity.

What sort of politics do you mean? "Church" politics are unnecessary, so the Lord would not be blessed by that.

Here is another Christian viewpoint - a simple simile.

We are born with sin, with corruptible thought patterns, passed on from the beginning.
God sends His only Son, Jesus Christ, an incorruptible man of truth, to set the new way and a new life for all to follow.
If we do not follow Christ's truth, way and life, we will die corrupt.
If we do follow Christ's truth, way and life, we will also become incorruptible.

Thats true, death has no sting. If we believe in Jesus, death has no claim on us. Though we die, we shall live.
We are not going to perish in hell. Think of all those souls who are not going to be regenerated, rotting away to be burned in hell on judgement day cos they didnt place their trust in Jesus.

Thats the truth. When we sin, its awful in the eyes of God. hes not going to allow any sin in heaven. Jesus wants us there with Him. he is the way, the truth and the life. he will absolutely take us there and on the last day bring heaven to earth. That is our hope, and what we live for, Jesus with us and the new heaven and earth, when all those wicked and evil things are passed away.

In answer to OP we in the world, but not of it.
The world is not our home. Heaven is our home. When we are saved, it is for the heavenly Kingdom.

So the world and its ways ought not to concern us or influence us as we set apart. We need to stand firm in our faith.
Remember God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son Jesus...john 3:16?

The world is going to perish because its corrupted and eventually is going to end. This is because of mankind listening to satan and polluting what was once a lovely paradise. When we listen to Jesus and do what the Lord commands, to love each other, that is a picture of what heaven will be like. So by loving each other now, more of Gods people will be drawn to the Kingdom and saved. He is preparing heaven for us. Dont forget that.

Hello Delf.

They even make there own "truth". So as to make their beliefs "true" and "right". Don't offend someone's "truth" or you will be attacked in some fashion.

Back