What is excatly the voice of God

Robertwarhero1

Account Closed
I realiize that God talks to everyone differntly then he did to the prophets, so my question is what is excatly the voice of God? is that feeling that we get when he done something wrong urging us to repent, is it the very word of God that we read daily to better understand God and his moral charcter or is it when someone speaks with the very conviction and understanding of the bible that God litterly speaks through them?

i've been a little confused about this and I've been praying to hear his voice so i'll know excatly what to do and what he expects of me, i fear that i've been hearing his voice the whole time without even realizing it, so thats my question.

The voice of God can be all of those things. And by reading the Bible more we learn how He speaks so that we know when it's Him and when it's not.

When you pray... Try remembering to put your hands in the middle of your rib cage. This reminds or trains your mind as to where your spirit is. Then when you ask a question of the Lord... You focus on listening to what's being said inside of you, in your spirit man.

Another thing to remember is that when the Holy Spirit speaks to your inner man... It will sound like your voice. Why? Because the Holy Spirit speaks to your spirit and then your spirit communicates what is said to your mind.

If you want to practice... Ask God about something simple like what socks or shirt to wear.. and then get quiet to listen. Or say good morning Lord and expect to hear Him say good morning. Little things like that will help train your mind to realize that the Spirit speaks and that you can hear.

Also you can read John 10 about the sheep hearing the shepherds voice and remind yourself that you are His sheep. So this applies to you. And we know that God does not lie, nor does He make things up, or talk to some and not others. He treats everyone the same.

Blessings

Another thing to remember is that when the Holy Spirit speaks to your inner man... It will sound like your voice. Why? Because the Holy Spirit speaks to your spirit and then your spirit communicates what is said to your mind.
This is why we must learn to take all thoughts captive. The enemy speaks in the same manner but we can learn to distinguish one voice from another even though it's the same (sounding) in our minds.
Just wanted to add this.
Blessings
FCJ

Can I just add for us christians the voice of God is through Jesus.
In times past God spoke unto the fathers by the prophets (eg Moses, iasiah, Jeremiah, obadiah, micah, zechariah, amos, etc etc) but in these last days has spoken to us by His Son.

What does this mean, it means everything Jesus says is for us to listen and take heed. Does this include asking Him what socks to wear? Well yes you can ask Him that too.

This reminds me of a joke what socks does Jesus wear? Holy socks!

I realiize that God talks to everyone differntly then he did to the prophets, so my question is what is excatly the voice of God? is that feeling that we get when he done something wrong urging us to repent, is it the very word of God that we read daily to better understand God and his moral charcter or is it when someone speaks with the very conviction and understanding of the bible that God litterly speaks through them?

i've been a little confused about this and I've been praying to hear his voice so i'll know excatly what to do and what he expects of me, i fear that i've been hearing his voice the whole time without even realizing it, so thats my question.
Romans 12: NLT
1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. 2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Romans 12: ESV
1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world,but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

What I get is:
1. Give yourself to God
2. Don't do things the way the world does them. The world is all about what is in it for me? Be different from the world.
3. Test all things. Put effort into what you are hearing and see the result. Often you will know it is of God after the results come in.

Quick question, would it not be better to know before you do it then after?
Well yes of course. Sometimes, though, we are not aware of the serendipities going on around us in the moment, and realize it afterwards with a big, "Wow, funny how that worked out", and then a brother or sister in Christ points out, "That wasn't fate or dumb luck, God's hand was at work." Sometimes a perspective from outside your sphere makes you aware of what was really going on.

Well yes of course. Sometimes, though, we are not aware of the serendipities going on around us in the moment, and realize it afterwards with a big, "Wow, funny how that worked out", and then a brother or sister in Christ points out, "That wasn't fate or dumb luck, God's hand was at work." Sometimes a perspective from outside your sphere makes you aware of what was really going on.
True indeed and yet there is another side to this. Many believe if it worked out then it was God and if it did not work out then it was not from God.
They go around trying this or that until something seems to work and claim it was God and end up way off course and going through things they never needed to.

Back