what is heaven like

what does the God tell us about heaven.?

One thing is certain... often is the case, when Jesus is describing the Kingdom of heaven and what it is like, there is a direct corolation between our works on earth and our experience in the afterlife. We do not earn our salvation, and therefore I am not speaking about salvation. We have salvation in Christ's work and Christ's work ALONE. However, God has so chosen to give us rewards in Heaven in trade for our good FAITHFUL works done on Earth.

I fully anticipate that my life in all of eternity, whatever that will look like... whatever that will be like... will be a direct result (at least in part) from the works I have done on earth. We have this time on earth now, and in faith, are asked to consider not the treasure on earth... but the treasure that awaits us and accumulates for us in heaven with the good deeds and sacrifices we make in this life.

That is to say... that the life we live now, will indeed effect our life for all of eternity in Heaven. Greater sacrifice, greater authority, greater blessing... greater treasure. Whatever that treasure is that is in heaven, there will be more of it in respect to how obedient we were to His Word, on Earth.
(Matthew 19:21)

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

(Luke 12:33)

Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys

(Mark 4:26-32)

Jesus also said, “The Kingdom of God is like a farmer who scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, while he’s asleep or awake, the seed sprouts and grows, but he does not understand how it happens. The earth produces the crops on its own. First a leaf blade pushes through, then the heads of wheat are formed, and finally the grain ripens. And as soon as the grain is ready, the farmer comes and harvests it with a sickle, for the harvest time has come.” Jesus said, “How can I describe the Kingdom of God? What story should I use to illustrate it? It is like a mustard seed planted in the ground. It is the smallest of all seeds, but it becomes the largest of all garden plants; it grows long branches, and birds can make nests in its shade.

(Matthew 19:28-30)

Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

Dear Father... help us... may we be people who on Earth are willing to be last, so that others may go first... and in Heaven, we shall be first instead. Let us trade all our possessions for treasure in Heaven.

Imagine that Jesus came to you this morning, and told you that you will go to heaven with Him in 6 months.

He said to you, write down everything you want heaven to be.....

Now, write down all of the stuff you would have Him prepare for you in that mansion.......

Great fishing...

Ideal temperature,...

Perfect body,.....

Awesome skies, clouds, planets with rings at night etc...

No fear, remorse, anger, confusion,......

Keep going! You have 6 months to think of anything you like! :)

Gold!,... Silver!..... RUBIES!!!.....
Hourly backrubs, smiles and little children laughing!
Christmas every day! Great food, Cookouts! soft grass that never needs to be mowed! No pain!!!

Keep doing this for 6 months...........

And when He returns,........... throw your pages and pages of stuff in the trash.

Because His idea of the heaven that you and I will have is so far beyond any of that, that we could never write it down.

THAT is what heaven is like.

.............................See Ya There!! :D

Heaven! Is something you cannot create with your mind! Its so beautiful. Created by JESUS CHRIST, GOD, for us. His bride. There will be music that we cant imagine, see things that havent come to our heart and mind! IT'S HEAVEN! LET'S FIGHT, STAY STRONG, AND WAIT FOR OUR JESUS CHRIST TO COME TAKE US HOME!

I went to heaven on Holidays once for a few weeks. Nice place.

lol.

Imagine all the best pure amazing feelings you can have on this earth, drug induced, and non, multiply them by 1000, make them 1000 times more real, and feel them constantly with NO negative feelings whatsoever, and you'll still have no idea.

XD

Heaven is where, FINALLY, sin no longer separates us from our creator, and we have perfect fellowship with Him. It's gonna be pretty awesome.

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind can imagine the great wonders of heaven. It's impossible for us to put into words, because there are no words to fully express the paradise of heaven.

It's our Father's kingdom. He's perfect in every way. What we know as pleasure here on earth is nothing, absolutely nothing, compared to the joy of being in the presence of our Father.

Stay strong, Smelly! One day we'll all gather there in a big group and celebrate in our Christian family for God's glory!:)

There is some scripture, but it's not much to get a good idea off of. I think it'll be something beyond our imagination. Maybe, our pets will be talking. Wow! Now I can finally have a good conversation with Ozzie! :D

what does the God tell us about heaven.?

I Googled heaven and found this interesting info:

1023 Those who die in God's grace and friendship and are perfectly purified live for ever with Christ. They are like God for ever, for they "see him as he is," face to face:598

• By virtue of our apostolic authority, we define the following: According to the general disposition of God, the souls of all the saints . . . and other faithful who died after receiving Christ's holy Baptism (provided they were not in need of purification when they died, . . . or, if they then did need or will need some purification, when they have been purified after death, . . .) already before they take up their bodies again and before the general judgment—and this since the Ascension of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ into heaven—have been, are and will be in heaven, in the heavenly Kingdom and celestial paradise with Christ, joined to the company of the holy angels. Since the Passion and death of our Lord Jesus Christ, these souls have seen and do see the divine essence with an intuitive vision, and even face to face, without the mediation of any creature.599
1024 This perfect life with the Most Holy Trinity—this communion of life and love with the Trinity, with the Virgin Mary, the angels and all the blessed—is called "heaven." Heaven is the ultimate end and fulfillment of the deepest human longings, the state of supreme, definitive happiness.

1025 To live in heaven is "to be with Christ." The elect live "in Christ,"600 but they retain, or rather find, their true identity, their own name.601

• For life is to be with Christ; where Christ is, there is life, there is the kingdom.602
1026 By his death and Resurrection, Jesus Christ has "opened" heaven to us. The life of the blessed consists in the full and perfect possession of the fruits of the redemption accomplished by Christ. He makes partners in his heavenly glorification those who have believed in him and remained faithful to his will. Heaven is the blessed community of all who are perfectly incorporated into Christ.

1027 This mystery of blessed communion with God and all who are in Christ is beyond all understanding and description. Scripture speaks of it in images: life, light, peace, wedding feast, wine of the kingdom, the Father's house, the heavenly Jerusalem, paradise: "no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him."603

1028 Because of his transcendence, God cannot be seen as he is, unless he himself opens up his mystery to man's immediate contemplation and gives him the capacity for it. The Church calls this contemplation of God in his heavenly glory "the beatific vision":

• How great will your glory and happiness be, to be allowed to see God, to be honored with sharing the joy of salvation and eternal light with Christ your Lord and God, . . . to delight in the joy of immortality in the Kingdom of heaven with the righteous and God's friends.604
1029 In the glory of heaven the blessed continue joyfully to fulfill God's will in relation to other men and to all creation. Already they reign with Christ; with him "they shall reign for ever and ever."605

"Great fishing...

Ideal temperature,...

Perfect body,.....

Awesome skies, clouds, planets with rings at night etc...

No fear, remorse, anger, confusion,......

Keep going! You have 6 months to think of anything you like! :)

Gold!,... Silver!..... RUBIES!!!.....
Hourly backrubs, smiles and little children laughing!
Christmas every day! Great food, Cookouts! soft grass that never needs to be mowed! No pain!!!

Keep doing this for 6 months...........

And when He returns,........... throw your pages and pages of stuff in the trash.

Because His idea of the heaven that you and I will have is so far beyond any of that, that we could never write it down.

THAT is what heaven is like."

.............................See Ya There!! :D "

I like this answer! I don't see anything wrong with imagining what heaven will be like to your liking. One of the things I will enjoy in heaven is meeting all the Apostles and people like Abraham and even Abraham Lincoln and asking them questions about their families and their lives. I'm looking forward to seeing my twin and if she will still be five yrs. old or as old as me.

We on this forum will be able to meet face to face finally too!

But, the most infathable experience will be to see Jesus, the one who loved me enough to rescue me from my sins!! :p

Matt. 5:5 says the meek will inherit the earth.

Jo. 3:13 “No man has ascended to heaven but”
Himself.

When Jesus returns Zech.14:4 says “And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east.

Again Isa. 24:23 says "Then the moon will be disgraced And the sun ashamed; For the LORD of hosts will reign On Mount Zion and in Jerusalem"

In Rev. 22:12 Jesus says that when He comes that He will bring His reward with Him. “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.

Jesus was born to be King. It sounds like here, on earth, not in heaven. Isa. 9:6-7 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
Isa. 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, (i.e. Kingdom) For (or because) the EARTH shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD As the waters cover the sea.

This Kingdom will go on to restore this earth. Isa. 51:3For the LORD will comfort Zion,
He will comfort all her waste places; He will make her wilderness like Eden, And her desert like the garden of the LORD; Joy and gladness will be found in it,
Thanksgiving and the voice of melody. Note also; Isa. 35:1The wilderness and the wasteland shall be glad for them, And the desert shall rejoice and blossom as the rose;
There are dozens of scriptures about the time when Christ will come and set up His Kingdom on this earth.

Isa. 24:23 Then the moon will be disgraced And the sun ashamed; For the LORD of hosts will reign On Mount Zion and in Jerusalem And before His elders, gloriously. Also in Isa. 8:18 Here am I and the children whom the LORD has given me! We are for signs and wonders in Israel From the LORD of hosts,
Who dwells in MountZion. (i.e. Jerusalem) The more I read the more it aounds like God's elect will live and rule right here on earth.

; Zech. 14:16-19 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. Rain in heaven? It sure doesn't sound right.

I can't think of any place in the Bible that it comes right out and says anyone is going to heaven.??????????????????

Revelation 21:9-27
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.”
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal.
12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.
14 Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15 And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall.
16 The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand furlongs. Its length, breadth, and height are equal.
17 Then he measured its wall: one hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel.
18 The construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass.
19 The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald,
20 the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.
21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.
The Glory of the New Jerusalem

22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.
24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.
25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it.
27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes[an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

You are right, "Remnant," there is even more proof in the verses about the New Jerusalem. Rev. 21:2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. After the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven, verse 3 says And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
then again in verse 24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.
Continuing the story on into Rev. 22, in verse 12 we see that this is all part of the reward He will bring with Him when He returns. Rev. 22:12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
There is no end this kind of stuff in the bible. That is why it seems evident that the reward of the saved is the reward that Jesus will bring back with Him when He returns, and not "heaven."
Thanks for bringing that up, "Remnant."

You are right, "Remnant," there is even more proof in the verses about the New Jerusalem. Rev. 21:2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. After the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven, verse 3 says And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
then again in verse 24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.
Continuing the story on into Rev. 22, in verse 12 we see that this is all part of the reward He will bring with Him when He returns. Rev. 22:12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
There is no end this kind of stuff in the bible. That is why it seems evident that the reward of the saved is the reward that Jesus will bring back with Him when He returns, and not "heaven."
Thanks for bringing that up, "Remnant."

Amen! Just think one day we will Behold God as He is and will look upon his face for the first time and dwell with Him! Glory!

yes Heaven will be great and have many un-imaginable things in it. but it is not for us to sit back and enjoy. it is all for the Glory of God. it clearly says in Revelation that we will "cast our crowns at Gods feet" and we will worship God continually and eternally.

Back