What is Hell like?

The torment of Hell is beyond description. It is a place for the lost, who are without Christ, and without hope. But if there is anything worse than the torment of Hell, it is the duration of Hell.

FOR EVER.

:( Be not deceived by universalist liars and other Hell-deniers. BILLIONS of souls are going to burn in Hell forever and ever. And yet, many pastors refuse to speak of it. Why does Joel Osteen, poster boy for Colgate, refuse to preach Hell fire? He utterly refuses to preach of repentance, judgement, sin, and Hell. What a worthless preacher!

My brothers and sisters, it is our solemn duty to WARN sinners to repent!

The torment of Hell is beyond description. It is a place for the lost, who are without Christ, and without hope. But if there is anything worse than the torment of Hell, it is the duration of Hell.

FOR EVER.

:( Be not deceived by universalist liars and other Hell-deniers. BILLIONS of souls are going to burn in Hell forever and ever. And yet, many pastors refuse to speak of it. Why does Joel Osteen, poster boy for Colgate, refuse to preach Hell fire? He utterly refuses to preach of repentance, judgement, sin, and Hell. What a worthless preacher!

My brothers and sisters, it is our solemn duty to WARN sinners to repent!

thats an easy question..because telling the people the truth will close up alot of wallets!

The fact that you are completely absent from the presence of God will be enough torture in Hell.

Exactly!

It may be a hot place but the most painful part would be what you said.

God is everyone's comfort, that's what he is and what his presence provides. His absence is a complete opposite of comfort. God invented comfort; He invented the idea of comfort and comfort itself. Just as surely as God invented time and space, up and down, light and darkness, the feelings we have from love, affection and all the emotions and whatever else in existence we don't consider and also take for granted, He also invented our comfort. And that comfort is in direct proportion to his presence. Without his presence nothing has comfort.

Also of note, to be our perfect substitute for our sins, Jesus had to sufer the penalty of what we all deserve: Hell. Jesus suffered Hell on the cross when God forsook him. God removed his presence form our Lord and that was the suffering of Hell. Jesus didn't go to the actual place of Hell to suffer, he went there to preach to the spirits in prison.

When Jesus, still on the cross, said "It is finished", he meant the full payment for sins was completed. If we deserve the punishment of Hell, Jesus was credited with that punishment so that we may be credited with his righteousness. When Jesus said "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" He wasn't lying or exaggerating, God actually forsook him. Being forsaken was the worst he could suffer; the worst thing anyone could suffer. All that business of suffering on the cross...all that physical suffering... leading up to being forsaken is an all encompassing image of the depth of punishment we all deserve. All the physical suffering Jesus endured wasn't good enough, he had to now endure Hell as well as the physical suffering.

Also, Jesus saying what he said on the Cross: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me", was said for our benefit. Everything Jesus said in his earthly life; everything recorded in scripture, was said that we may know what was happening and understand. The fact that Jesus said those words wasn't haphazard or meaningless or frustration. He was speaking to God, as he did in his prayers that he wasn't deserving of suffering Hell because he hadn't done anything wrong, for the purposes of making it perfectly clear to us and everyone that reads these words what he was suffering and what was happening.

it may be hot

It will absolutley be hot! A lake of fire....I cant even take 80 degree wheather let alone a LAKE OF FIRE wow! Not only will you burn but you will also be tormented day and Night!

Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I dont agree with this whole "comfort" thing you are reffering to the ONLY reason why we are all alive today if because we are under GRACE. God stand for righteousness and Holyness. God is a God of war I just dont think he is a cute a cuddly God so to speak.

maybe I misread? let me know! :D

It will absolutley be hot! A lake of fire....I cant even take 80 degree wheather let alone a LAKE OF FIRE wow! Not only will you burn but you will also be tormented day and Night!

Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I dont agree with this whole "comfort" thing you are reffering to the ONLY reason why we are all alive today if because we are under GRACE. God stand for righteousness and Holyness. God is a God of war I just dont think he is a cute a cuddly God so to speak.

maybe I misread? let me know! :D

If God were a cute, cuddly God he wouldn't be throwing people in Hell even for the slightest error now, would he? He wouldn't have sacrificed his son now, would he?

I never once said God is what you say. Scripture declares God to be a vengeful God. He will most certainly pay back everyone who is found outside of Christ. They will be punished with and everlasting punishment. And that punishment will be something they cannot bare. To have God's angry face turned toward us is something I don't even want to dare to imagine.

However, everything God is, he is perfectly. If God is love, he is love perfectly. If God is affectionate, he is affectionate perfectly. If God is gentle, he is gentle perfectly. If God is just, he is just perfectly. If God is angry, he is angry perfectly...with an all consuming fierce anger! And so forth.

The thing I'm trying to bring to light is: whatever God is to his sons and daughters...all who are in Christ, he is the opposite to all who are not in Christ; who are condemned. God's anger, directed at the condemned is perfect. God's love, affection, gentleness and kindness and so forth, directed at his children, is perfect.

Since you believe Hell is merely the paradise of only being in fire, let me ask: What do we sinful humans deserve?

Then let me ask: what was Christ's purpose? was he not supposed to suffer everything we deserve? Do we all not deserve Hell?

If we all deserve Hell and this place you speak of, where there is only flames and burning forever, and Christ is our perfect substitute for our punishment, then Jesus didn't pay for our sins?

The bible declares Jesus suffered our punishment. The bible declares Jesus did not go into the place of Hell to suffer.
The bible declares full payment for sins was completed in Jesus suffering on the cross. :D

Hell will be a place where God will not be. So everything that God is or represent will not be there. Everything that is good will not be there. There will be no comfort, no peace, no love, no rest, ........

Back