What is missing in the world of today!?

What is missing in the world of today!?

(forgive me i didnt quiet know were to put this i hope its in the right spot :cool:) And sorry the title doesnt really match :/ I ment to do something diffrent in this but i couldnt get this off my mind.

1 Corinthians 7 (English Standard Version)

1 Corinthians 7

6Now as a concession, not a command, I say this. 7 I wish that all were as I myself am. But each has his own gift from God, one of one kind and one of another.8To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single as I am. 9But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Well I was in a bible study on tuesday night as is normal and had to share this with you guys!

Im just going to throw out thoughts So i please i hope this makes sense :D

It kinda hit me hard that WOW its ok to be single...but not only is it ok...but you know what? Its a gift.....Makes you wonder HOW IN THIS WORLD IS IT A GIFT? We all think about our true love and who that person that God will lead us to one day, yes even you guys. But to think that maybe there is no person that God has desired to put me with, to live out the rest of my life with! No family, No Kids, no heir to my name! Yes it sounds sad but just think of the things you could do. No im not talking about the things such as Partying, working more, and such but the things for God that we can do! We dont have a family to worry about, dont have to worry about the money when we go to do his work, The time we can spend with him and not worrying about this and that and taking so and so here and helping clean the house and such. Its just like wow, there is so much to both sides and both sides have their pluss' and minus'. But its not about that! Its about What God wants, and what God want ....Should that not be what we want? We can fight it.....We can resist yes We have the ability to do so. but God is Greater and will always win, we cannot alter the master plan.

Its just agian, So hard to relise this. I thought i had it all planed out. I wanted a boy and a girl to be named Nate and Kate (just love those names) and i wanted 6-8 kids and to teach them to Love the Lord all mighty and to know his greatness and all that he is...... I wanted to be someone that they could talk to, open to, To know that im there always for them! but to know...WOW God may not want that for me, no matter how great i make it sound to me...That might not be the path in which i must follow to bring Glory to God and his kingdom.

Thanks for listening, i hope that i tought someone something out of my own thinking. And it felt so good to type that out.

1 Corinthians 7

6Now as a concession, not a command, I say this. 7 I wish that all were as I myself am. But each has his own gift from God, one of one kind and one of another.8To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single as I am. 9But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Soccerman ..... Thanks for sharing that . And yes , I know of several people who God has called to be missionaries , evangelists and they are single .

My missionary friend in D. R. said to me that he can do so much more for the Lord because he does not have a wife and family and he is mentoring street children and there are young teen age boys who no one else wants and he says even though he has never been a father ,our Heavenly Father has shown him how to teach them .

So what I am saying is that God does have a plan and a purpose for each and every one of us and being single is not wrong like society thinks and when we are in the will of God , He will provide . Like my friend, he says all the children that come through his doors , God has given to him and he is eternally greatful and probably has more kids that he calls his family than the normal person.

Another woman that is an evangelist and single goes all over the world preaching and she too says she would not be able to do that if she were married and can totally immerse herself in God , His provision and His vision for her life.

Soccerman. Your thoughts are good thoughts. They are not wrong because actually theres other people who where not born for marriage and God's purpose for them is something else. This is His plan for me too. Just thought I'd share this so that you don't think your alone in your thinking if you plan to remain single for all your life.

Just think of all the fun things a person could do and nothing or no one is holding you back.

Back