What is not from the Father....

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all that is in the world–
1. the lust of the flesh [craving for sensual gratification]
2. and the lust of the eyes [greedy longings of the mind]
3. and the pride of life [assurance in one's own resources or in the stability of earthly things]
these do not come from the Father but are from the world [itself].
1 John 2:16 AMPC

And yet if we trust in the Lord He will provide us with all those earthly things that we require to survive - at least this has been my experience. Trusting in the Lord to provide us with earthly security (without becoming attached to the earthly gifts and blessings that the Lord gives us other than to be thankful for His largesse) to me something that I gladly receive from Him and I never cease to marvel at His generosity. I keep being reminded of how much He cares for his children, and I always feel truly blessed to know how much and how well he takes care of me in so many practical ways. I have much to be thankful for, and all of it comes from the Lord, even those things that may be considered earthly. It is all a testimony of His love for me, and His wishes to care for me when I am less than capable of caring for myself. Praise be to God for all He does for His children, even in the little things. Praise be!

And yet if we trust in the Lord He will provide us with all those earthly things that we require to survive - at least this has been my experience. Trusting in the Lord to provide us with earthly security (without becoming attached to the earthly gifts and blessings that the Lord gives us other than to be thankful for His largesse) to me something that I gladly receive from Him and I never cease to marvel at His generosity. I keep being reminded of how much He cares for his children, and I always feel truly blessed to know how much and how well he takes care of me in so many practical ways. I have much to be thankful for, and all of it comes from the Lord, even those things that may be considered earthly. It is all a testimony of His love for me, and His wishes to care for me when I am less than capable of caring for myself. Praise be to God for all He does for His children, even in the little things. Praise be!

You definitely describe the Father's heart's desire towards all Mankind. For it started with the garden and then with the grace from the cross.

And here is just one passage besides the book of 1 John that tells us what you said....

2Pe 1:3 — 2Pe 1:4 nlt
Growing in Faith
By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.

And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

Blessings to you my friend! You are a highly valued member of this forum and the body of Christ!
Huggs to you and love in Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back