What Is One Of The Life-long Lessons God Has Been Trying To Teach You - And You Finally Get It?

Not sure really. A lot of years ago something happened that moved me from atheism to believing that compared to humans mighty powers good and bad exist. I was also convinced that Jesus is the Son of God. The messes that have followed in later life I don't understand (although I can see I've not always helped myself)

Not sure really. A lot of years ago something happened that moved me from atheism to believing that compared to humans mighty powers good and bad exist. I was also convinced that Jesus is the Son of God. The messes that have followed in later life I don't understand (although I can see I've not always helped myself)

Yes, well John 16:13 says to believers that the Holy Spirit 'shall guide you into all truth'.

Probably the most difficult to me is that you can be wrong. I find it quite easy to be an expert analyst on God's fairness to me for example. OK, there is plenty I don't understand and plenty that hurts but is my brain really bigger than His?

Similar to you Pancakes, still trying to learn.

That everyone carries a cross and that I need to try to be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some type of battle. Sometimes, hard to do, but Jesus never said it'd be easy. :cool:

Grace.

Not you, the theological concept of Grace.

So many people tie God to sin and the sin aspect is in their minds their whole life. Talk about being enslaved.

Grace means I'm free from that. Because he's answered past and future sins, as long as I confess my future sins. I don't waste time wondering if this is a sin or not when I do it. Likewise I don't go hang out in topless bars thinking it's not a sin. I'm conscious but not obsessed.

People that think so much of sin, can't see the goal in front of them, because they are watching the past behind them. Try driving your car like that. :|

Not only are the sins forgiven, but to my understanding God wants to change you from a person who can sin, to one who can't sin. I know that's at odds to the rest of you, but I'm certain of it and have answered a billion questions on it and still sit resolute. But, what this means, and this is the point, those sins being forgiven is the beginning of the change, not the end game.

Being saved, puts you at the start line of the race Paul describes. You still have the race to run. Paul said get to the end, and he meant in this life.

So, what you find of the verses that we disagree on, is fine by me. My point is, I need not think of sinning anymore. If I do I do. As He changes me I won't. It's going to be HIS change that does anything, not my will. My will must be poor in spirit. Then it's made strong in His Spirit.

And in my Book, God is God, if He wishes to remake me to the point I don't sin anymore on earth, HE IS CAPABLE. The only discussion on that topic would be is that his intent.
And that's another thread, or in private. I just couldn't explain my view without admitting to that on the table.

I really like your point of view. To work on getting better is the goal of life. God makes us realize where we are wrong. Along getting experiences in life.

Material possession, greed, corruption, humility, and coveting.

I have/own almost nothing. I've lost everything I had several times. Now I have some clothes, a bible, some inspirational literature, some hygiene items. My connection here is thru a little notebook pc that a friend lets me use. I actually don't even own a mirror intentionally because He, YHWH, is still working with me on vanity.

I used to have a great career. Making lots of money and driving a brand new truck. Now I can't even drive legally, and I only do so in extreme emergency situations. Part of my lesson learned with losing my career was corruption, and how once you start corrupt business practices, corruptions breeds comfortability*, which escalates the corruption.

Now I eke out the simplest of lifestyles. Sometimes even going w/o eating a day, or maybe two. Please don't think I share this in any attempt for pity. I am content for the most part. And you know what is strange? I still find people, usually non-believers, that envy me. Now that's another 'biggy', envy and jealousy, the two main emotions that I find to be the ugliest. Wow! Watch out for those 'serious big time'.

So all that ^^^ has made me happy with what I have and very careful with the choices I make, especially with those I choose to associate with, and you see where I am now.....here with you, God.

Material possession, greed, corruption, humility, and coveting.

I have/own almost nothing. I've lost everything I had several times. Now I have some clothes, a bible, some inspirational literature, some hygiene items. My connection here is thru a little notebook pc that a friend lets me use. I actually don't even own a mirror intentionally because He, YHWH, is still working with me on vanity.

I used to have a great career. Making lots of money and driving a brand new truck. Now I can't even drive legally, and I only do so in extreme emergency situations. Part of my lesson learned with losing my career was corruption, and how once you start corrupt business practices, corruptions breeds comfortability*, which escalates the corruption.

Now I eke out the simplest of lifestyles. Sometimes even going w/o eating a day, or maybe two. Please don't think I share this in any attempt for pity. I am content for the most part. And you know what is strange? I still find people, usually non-believers, that envy me. Now that's another 'biggy', envy and jealousy, the two main emotions that I find to be the ugliest. Wow! Watch out for those 'serious big time'.

So all that ^^^ has made me happy with what I have and very careful with the choices I make, especially with those I choose to associate with, and you see where I am now.....here with you and, God.

Mine is, I'm not the one in control, God is! I believe that when our time comes to go home and be with the Lord, we aren't given a choice or say in how go, we just go! how we come in and how we go out, are in God's hands and not mine. I had a brother die in a way that defied human logic.

First, welcome to the forum Terri. I'm glad you could join us.

Second, I appreciate your response, and it is very thought provoking.

Third, I'm sorry to hear about your brother, and I hope and pray you will meet up with him in the coming Kingdom.

Back