Dusty

Inactive
What is Our Calling ????

We have four callings :
1.... Humility
2 .... Humility
3... . Humility
4... ..Humility

Why do I say that: because if we are not humble that is the beginning of all our route problems in Christ.

John 13:14

14Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet.

Pride is what holds you and I back . But humility is a vital part of our Christian character.

If our ego ( or pride) stands in the way , God cannot work in our lives . OUr ego is linked with pride and satan will tell us " Oh , you did a good job" and right away " pride" ..... thinking I did it without acknowledging WHO was there helping you do that made us prideful . Don't let satan get a foothold .

And of course pride can lead to arrogance " Hmmm --- I'm better than so and so . I did a better job"

But we need to go back to the cross and realize we are " humble servants" of the most High God .

OUr humility can be seen in our love of helping others .

If the King of heaven can wash feet, our calling is clear.

Matthew 5:3

A great eye opener that we need to be in constant reminded of.

3 “ Blessed are the poor in spirit,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

A great eye opener that we need to be in constant reminded of.

3 “ Blessed are the poor in spirit,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Amen jaerod.

14Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet.
15I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.

Going back to the verse that I stated in post#1 By washing the disciples feet , Jesus exemplified true humility .

If we are to be true servants , we need to understand that God has put us where we are for such a time as this . Servants are priests . OUr work is priestly just like our Saviour . We are an example of our great " High Priest "

OUr humility should be seen in the love of helping others .

In washing the feet of the disciples , Jesus signified that we are not exempt from sin but that Jesus washes away our sin by interceding for us .

Philippians 2

Imitating Christ's Humility

1If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature[ of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Humility requires encouragement , comfort , tenderness , and compassion . We must do everything from the heart not to gain any praise for ourselves but to gain favour with God . Little things that people cannot see , God sees and He see that we do it all with an unselfish attitude .

We should be like Jesus , immitators af his attitudes , humble and obedient .

Philippians 2

Imitating Christ's Humility

1If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature[ of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Humility requires encouragement , comfort , tenderness , and compassion . We must do everything from the heart not to gain any praise for ourselves but to gain favour with God . Little things that people cannot see , God sees and He see that we do it all with an unselfish attitude .

We should be like Jesus , immitators af his attitudes , humble and obedient .

Amen Dusty....this is so true.

Blessings, Cheri

Have you heard about the new book:

"Humility and how I achieved it". JOKE!!!

The moment I believe I am humble is the moment I prove I am proud.

Back