what is the bible?

The Bible is the infallible Word of God. It came from God. It means to me I have a place to learn God's plan for how to live my life, assurance of eternal salvation, and the ultimate defeat of Satan.

As 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says......All scripture is given by inspiration of God (another translation says God breathed :)...), and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. That the man of God (that's us) may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

And 2 Peter 1:3-4......According as His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue. Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in thr world through lust.

The Bible is just as much of a manifestation of God or the Holy Spirit as Jesus Himself. Hebrews 4:12......For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The Bible is the Words to my life. And it means life and health to all my flesh (proverbs 4:22). And it shows me how God thinks. How He thinks about me and how much He loves me. It gives me what i need to know about God's ways so that i can live a successful life with peace of mind (2 Timothy 1:7)....full of the Holy Spirit (1 John 413). And it gives me faith and encouragement....builds my trust in My God and My Savior (because God cannot lie) .....and shows me that God loves me just as much as He loves Jesus (John 17:23). That I am an heir to the blessings of Abraham (Ephesians 3:6, Galatians 3:14) , and that when Jesus died on the cross...the hold that sin had on me is gone(Hebrews 2:14, 2 Peter 1:4)....the only way that sin can trip me up is if i let it. According to the finished work of the cross...the devil has no power over me unless i give it to him. Because Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4). And i know according to 1 John 5:14-15...He hears me when i pray and if i ask anything according to His Will...i will have what i ask for. And i have been redeemed from the curse of sin and death (Galatians 3:13)

I encourage you to read it and then you'll find its also Gods word to you. The Bible is a gift from God without it, christians do not live, you cannot realistically be a christian without having Gods word in you, that is why we read the Bible. And talk about the bible and share all the wonderful stories in it. Especially the gospel. The gospel is GOOD NEWS. It is the salvation of mankind through Jesus Christ.

I dont know if youve ever heard the song 'jesus loves me'?.

Well it goes Jesus loves me, this I know, for the BIBLE tells me so...

Back