What is the difference between your Soul and your Spirit?

Azheis wrote:
I have to disagree that the soul is in the blood and flesh. Our soul is made up of the mind, will, and emotions. Our soul lives on (as does our spirit) when our bodies give out and die. The body is flesh and blood, and not part of the soul. We are tripart beings like our heavenly Father. Spirit, soul, and body (1 John 5:7-8). God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. Man is a spirit, who possess a soul (mind, will, and emotions), and who lives in a physical body (flesh & blood). Whether one goes to heaven or hell, his/her spirit and soul will live, though the physical body be dead. We will still be able to hear, see, taste, smell, and touch (Luke 16:22-31). God bless.:)

Sheba
:amen:

Double amen..:amen::amen:... Good stuff. Praise God Sheba. !!May God continue to bless you so you can bless others as you study at Bible School.:goodpost:

Your spirit is litterally your life force, your soul is your emotions,will,intellect.
I don't need to learn from another person about soul. In fact, there is no one who doesn't perceive his own soul, though descriptions may differ. But I need to learn from others about spirit. Please give me examples.

I don't need to learn from another person about soul. In fact, there is no one who doesn't perceive his own soul, though descriptions may differ. But I need to learn from others about spirit. Please give me examples.

Your spirit man is the person the Holy Spirit (God) communicates with. He DOES NOT talk to you through your mind (the area of the soul). As a Christian, when we sin, our spirit is convicted. You can sense that conviction in the upper/center area of your stomach. It is an unconfortable feeling, though it's not really a feeling, it's more like being vexed. Since I've been saved, I now know how Lot felt when he was surrounded by so much wickedness when he lived in Sodom and Gomorrah (2 Peter 2:7-8). I get that same sense of vexation when I hear objectionable music, continuous foul language, or see something ungodly on television. When a Believer spends time praying in the spirit, the Holy Spirit will be better able to communicate warnings to him or her. He will also tell us of things to come. He will tell us of future events and He will inform us of happenings with our family and loved ones. The late Kenneth E. Hagin, considered one of the greatest preachers 20th century, has some excellent books (I've listed them below) on the human spirit and how God communicates with us. Hope this helped. God bless.

Books on the subject of the human spirit.."'The Human Spirit" and "Zoe: The God kind of Life". There are also CD series by Kenneth Hagin as well; "Be Led by the Spirit" (6-CD series) and "Developing the Human Spirit" (5 CD-series). You can order them online at a very reasonable price. www.rhemabiblechurch.org

Sheba

God gave a warning in the garden- the day you eat of that furit you shall die- Adam and Eve didn't die a physical death (body), their minds did not cease working (soul) but they expierienced spiritual death which meant seperation from God. This spirit was the breath of God and was the very life force imparted to man. In the Herew or Greek the have basically the same defintion.
In Gen 2:7you will find that it is when God breathed this breathe into Adam that his body came to life and his soul came into being.

Man was seperated from God and there was only one solution- as prophesied by Ezekial:
Eze 36:26 A new2319 heart3820 also will I give5414 you, and a new2319 spirit7307 will I put5414 within7130 you: and I will take away5493(853) the stony68 heart3820 out of your flesh,4480, 1320 and I will give5414 you a heart3820 of flesh.1320
Eze 36:27 And I will put5414 my spirit7307 within7130 you, and cause6213 you to walk1980 in854 my statutes,2706 and ye shall keep8104 my judgments,4941 and do6213them.
Eze 36:28 And ye shall dwell3427 in the land776 that834 I gave5414 to your fathers;1 and ye shall be1961 my people,5971 and I595 will be1961 your God.430

This life of God must be imparted to man in order for him to be restored to the fellowship he was created for and and clearly stated by Jesus:
John 3:3 Jesus2424 answered611 and2532 said2036 unto him,846Verily,281verily,281Isay3004untothee,4671Except3362a man5100beborn1080again,509hecannot1410, 3756see1492the3588kingdom932ofGod.2316
In order to see, perceivie, understand or have any part in the Kingdom of God we must receive this new spirit from God- His life is imparted and the doorway to walking,talking and understanding Him is now opened.

First God gives us a new spirit , He gives us a new body at the ressurection, He saves our soul thru the renewing of our minds according to His Word.

Thanks, Sheba, for the reply.

I don't perceive my own spirit. Others seem to have the same difficulty. If we don't perceive our own human spirit, how can we tell others what human spirit is and does? One of the things I learned from this thread is "our spirit is our inner being minus what we perceive as our soul." But we fail to describe our spirit without using attributes of soul.

Therefore, I come to the conclusion that our understanding of human spirit is much limited. We study the Bible and exchange our thoughts. But that doesn't increase our understanding. It is just our effort (and it's an worthy effort). Next time someone asks us about human spirit, let us say we don't know much. But let us not give up studying the Bible, trying to understand just a little more than yesterday.

Rupert

I would have to disagree with that completely but that is ok- blessings Larry

spirit fight with the flesh for control of our soul to decide on the direction to go
gal 5:16-17 spirit and flesh war among themselves
gal 5:22-24... peace for soul
2 peter 2:11... wars against soul

Back