What is the Kingdom of God? The Kingdom of Heaven?

GoodNewsSharing

Account Closed
You know what are these terms indicated of? Are there descriptions of them found in the Gospel? Have you ever thought about?

Please comment with scripture or simply your thoughts on the subject if you would like to !

“The kingdom of God is not coming in ways that can be observed, nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.” Luke 17:21

I am reminded that sometimes I react to things painfully and without control and
get real disturbed and that is enough to sit with for a while with it.
There in lies the kingdom of God.

Blessings

Last edited:
both the same
What are they, Forgiven61? or What is it?

Hello GoodNewsSharing;

The Kingdom of God or the Kingdom of Heaven are both widely used by Christians referring to God's sovereignty. Jesus used both in the Gospels;
In the book of Matthew this Gospel was speaking to the Jews. Their reverence for God was so great, Jesus knew and respected this in Matthew 13:44, 44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
- KJV

The book of Luke was speaking to the Greeks. Jesus taught in verse 17:21, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst." - NIV

The book of Mark was speaking to the Romans. Jesus taught in verse 1:14-15, 14 Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
-ESV

In the book of John was speaking to the Church. Jesus teaches in John 3:3-5, 3 Jesus responded and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless someone is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus *said to Him, “How can a person be born when he is old? He cannot enter his mother’s womb a second time and be born, can he?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless someone is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. - NASB

In this passage of John, Jesus was teaching Nicodemus that a person who is saved attains new life and could enter the kingdom. Jesus was emphasizing both the present spiritual of the kingdom and His future governance on earth.

Just like Nicodemus, we can't just be saved and put ourselves on a shelf, but continuously ask God to build us up til the day we go to be with Him, thus the Kingdom of God or Heaven.

When we dig into the Kingdom of God or Heaven this is a big deal so all Christians need to reflect on what God is going to do.

Via makes a good point that we need to do a self check daily in our continued walk with Jesus.

God bless you, GoodNewsSharing, and thank you for sharing.

Back