What Is The New Gospel????

The gospel of Jesus Christ has always been confronting—there is no such thing as a friendly gospel but a friendly grace.

This new gospel is being propagated by bright, young, talented ministers. They have come upon a formula which states you can go into any town or city; and if you have the right formula, within a short time you can raise a megachurch.

If you are a young man and have certain skills, you find those skills and a part of the city that would best suit you. You move into that area, poll it, and find out what the nonchurchgoers want:

“You don’t like choirs. Well, would you go to a church that didn’t have a choir?” Yes.

“You don’t like to wear suits. Would you go where it’s informal?” Yes.

Then you go to your computer and design a gospel that will not confront but will shoot out the desires and the needs of the people. After you have gathered a handful of people, you keep interviewing them to find out what they want; then you design your message to help people cope with their needs. The program you design is intended to make the church comfortable and friendly for all sinners who wish to attend.

This gospel is fast becoming the most prosperous and flourishing of all religious movements. Thousands attend these churches. The pastor is the CEO, and it becomes a business. They make no bones about it: They are following Madison Avenue tactics and can make a success of it. Their formula for quick church growth is cleverly packaged and is being sold especially to young ministers—those who want to be a part of the big boys and what’s happening on a fast track. They want it to happen quickly.

Paul’s Warning

Paul warned of the coming of another gospel and another Jesus (2 Corinthians 11:4). He warned the church that it’s really not another gospel but a perversion of the true gospel of Jesus Christ. If you hear any other gospel, he said, let that preacher be accursed. In other words, no matter how pleasant, how pious, or how sincere, if the message is not the death of sin through the cross of Jesus Christ, let it be accursed.

Thoughts.......Comments???

Paul’s Warning
Paul warned of the coming of another gospel and another Jesus (2 Corinthians 11:4). He warned the church that it’s really not another gospel but a perversion of the true gospel of Jesus Christ. If you hear any other gospel, he said, let that preacher be accursed. In other words, no matter how pleasant, how pious, or how sincere, if the message is not the death of sin through the cross of Jesus Christ, let it be accursed.

Hello Major;

Thank you for sharing What is The New Gospel?

The problem with many quick fix mega churches is most of the pastoral staff are young and lack Elders. Some of the planters of these churches have brilliant marketing strategies for quick growth but when the tough questions arise in the Gospel they still don't have hard knocks or growing pains experience to confront them, or the person asking.

I'm not saying this about all mega churches. Many new believers attend these churches as their first ever church and this is what they know and are taught.

My wife and I visited an old church friend who is 87 and a widow. She attends a mega church so when we took her there I asked a staff member that I wanted to write a letter regarding some direct but fair questions about their doctrine. They were very professional and quick to give me their address/email. They assured me they would definitely have someone get back to me.

In my experience most churches will communicate with their first time visitors from the staff, leadership or lead pastor. This is a basic, fundamental practice of all churches. They should be prepared to answer anyone who questions their church.

This mega church did not answer me. When a church doesn't have the time to answer a first time visitor then how do they stay in touch with their current members on a regular basis?

You mentioned some points that are good to know. Question is, is it jealousy, are we comparing it to our smaller struggling church? We need to be careful if that's the case. But when our motive is constructive regarding The New Gospel, how do we confront these churches in our community?

God bless you, brother and your family. Merry Christmas.

The gospel of Jesus Christ has always been confronting—there is no such thing as a friendly gospel but a friendly grace.

This new gospel is being propagated by bright, young, talented ministers. They have come upon a formula which states you can go into any town or city; and if you have the right formula, within a short time you can raise a megachurch.

If you are a young man and have certain skills, you find those skills and a part of the city that would best suit you. You move into that area, poll it, and find out what the nonchurchgoers want:

“You don’t like choirs. Well, would you go to a church that didn’t have a choir?” Yes.

Then you go to your computer and design a gospel that will not confront but will shoot out the desires and the needs of the people. After you have gathered a handful of people, you keep interviewing them to find out what they want; then you design your message to help people cope with their needs. The program you design is intended to make the church comfortable and friendly for all sinners who wish to attend.

This gospel is fast becoming the most prosperous and flourishing of all religious movements. Thousands attend these churches. The pastor is the CEO, and it becomes a business. They make no bones about it: They are following Madison Avenue tactics and can make a success of it. Their formula for quick church growth is cleverly packaged and is being sold especially to young ministers—those who want to be a part of the big boys and what’s happening on a fast track. They want it to happen quickly.

Paul’s Warning

Major, I had posted this in the poetry section sometime ago, but your post reminded me of the type of pastor these Churches attract...

PREACHER BOY

Arriving in luxury, Happiness isn't the message.
Tickling ears, selfies, 'see mees', really gurgitates my stomach.
Hell has been perfumed beyond recognition.
People are desperate, the time is urgent,
Eternity is at stake.
Quit with Mr. Media already, do what you were called to do.

Major, I had posted this in the poetry section sometime ago, but your post reminded me of the type of pastor these Churches attract...

PREACHER BOY

Arriving in luxury, Happiness isn't the message.
Tickling ears, selfies, 'see mees', really gurgitates my stomach.
Hell has been perfumed beyond recognition.
People are desperate, the time is urgent,
Eternity is at stake.
Quit with Mr. Media already, do what you were called to do.

Good stuff brother. Thank you!

2 Timothy 4:1-4 .....
"I charge thee therefore before God, and the LORD Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

Paul’s Warning

The new Gospel is the very old one, you shall be as god himself!
its the church of the itching ears, give the people what they want, but not need to hear!

Back