What Is The Point Of Life?

I've just had a comforting revelation that the bible refers to only one God (creator) from beginning to end. I still hold the opinion though, that God became 'more of himself', since I have not come across any real evidence that disproves this. I believe that God has never stopped becoming 'more of himself'...much like the way science says that the universe continues to expand (though the universe is a creation)...Now, If it is true that God continues to become 'more of himself' everyday, then, everytime this happens, a new creation is formed that will exist forever (since God is eternal) and probably become 'more of itself' and crop up new creations that will also live forever..and the cycle goes on and on. Since we are 'more of himself' of God, then our essence will live forever..this essence is known as our soul....and the bible is clear that our soul lives forever......Ok, I have began to exist, what i'm I supposed to do with the rest of my life forever?...What is the point of me existing? What my purpose in creation? I'm I just supposed to tour the universe and creation with all my time until I exhaust all creation? Is that my purpose? Why did I exist?...Is it possible that we existed to bring pleasure to God.....by bringing pleasure to ourselves in creation....through symbiosis with all created things and our creator?

The bible says that 'God created all things for his own pleasure'...Therefore all things exist for pleasure purposes. Now, don't get me wrong, the pleasure the bible refers to is not the worldly pleasure that is defiled with sin...the kind that we see around us everyday that leads to ruins (e.g. bankrupcy, death, disease, sorrow, poverty, regret, e.t.c)...It is the kind of pleasure that nurtures life...it is based on the concept of symbiosis. Happiness, love, and fulfillment come from the symbiosis between yourself and where you cropped up from....i.e. your source.....from the source of all things flowing down all the way to your most adjacent source. The reason why we do what we do everyday, is because we feel a need to experience symbiosis with those we care about, our environment, nature, and our creator. Therefore we socialize, worship, and work as a way of bringing pleasure to ourselves. Which I think is how God intended it to be. If you are going to live forever, then for you to maintain pleasure all the days of your life, tomorrow has to be better than today, otherwise there will be too much monotony....if tomorrow is just like today. The result of monotony is death, because you lose the will to live...but remember you can't die, because you exist forever....and the result of that, is that tomorrow is worse than today, because tomorrow you'll have even more monotony, plus all the cumulative daily suffering in your mind, heart, body, spirit and soul brought about by the fact that you can't die...you'll live forever.....and this will continue forever...and there is no hope whatsoever. I think this is going to be one of the agonies of hell....because hell is supposed to be a place of no hope, and constant suffering..i.e. tomorrow is worse than today...tomorrow's emptiness and meaninglessness (because of the absence of pleasure) is worse than today's....not to mention all the cumulative daily suffering in your mind, heart, body, spirit and soul brought about by the fact that you can't die and the never ending suffering, emptiness, meaninglessness and sorrow. Therefore creation's instinct is to flee from this kind of suffering by seeking pleasure..So, when you bring pleasure to yourself you bring pleasure to God. Remember God has given us free will to decide how we want to bring pleasure to ourselves in creation...Because God has given us free will, we can decide what will bring us pleasure (Though, the truths of the things that generate pleasure are absolute)....God said that "you should love the LORD you God with all your mind, all your heart and all your soul". When you love the LORD with all your mind, all your heart and all your soul, then left to yourself in creation, worship will be one of the ways that you will bring pleasure to yourself (because of the immense pleasure you derive when you relate with God). Therefore, this theory proves true..'that you bring pleasure to God by bringing pleasure to yourself). That's why the desires of your heart matter alot. They determine your perception of what brings you pleasure. I believe that the point fo life is to bring pleasure to God by bringing pleasure to yourself the best way you know how. Though, God can give you wisdom and knowledge on how to bring pleasure to yourself and also about the truths of life and pleasure. This pleasure concept is seen all over the bible..for instance the bible says that we are supposed to go to Heaven, the most pleasurable place in all of creation to bring pleasure to ourselves for all eternity, and by doing so, bring pleasure to God.....fulfilling the purpose of why we existed...to bring God pleasure! I believe pleasure is what gives life meaning.

Revelation 4:11"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."

Colossians 1:16"For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him (i.e. for his pleasure)."

1 chronicles 29:17 (NKJV)“I know also, my God, that You test the heart and have pleasure in uprightness....

Psalm 5:4 (KJV)For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.”

Psalm 16:11 (NKJV)“You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Psalm 103:21 (NKJV)“Bless ye the Lord, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

Isaiah 46:9-10 (NKJV)“Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other;I am God, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,’”

Ezekiel 18:23 (NKJV)Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?” says the Lord God, “and not that he should turn from his ways and live?”

Ezekiel 18:32 (NKJV)For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord God. “Therefore turn and live!”

Ezekiel 33:11 (NKJV)“......‘As I live,’ says the Lord God, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, …...”

Ok, I have began to exist, what i'm I supposed to do with the rest of my life forever?...

the same as now .. enjoy the love of your Father as He also enjoys your love ..

What is the point of me existing?

to love ..

What my purpose in creation?

to make God's love a two way relation .. you can opt out if you wish, and not finish the journey ..

I'm I just supposed to tour the universe and creation with all my time until I exhaust all creation?

heaven is freedom to come and go where you wish .. but where your heart is, is where you will be .. me, I want to hear and be with God as much as I can .. I also have 24 prophets and 12 Apostles I would love to hear from .. as well as millions of brothers and sisters in the Lord to fellowship with .. sounds like an eternity of great enjoyment to me ..

Is it possible that we existed to bring pleasure to God.....
by bringing pleasure to ourselves in creation....
through symbiosis with all created things and our creator?

it is the perfect family God is creating .. not dysfunctional ..
no greed, jealousy, envy, strife, pain, deceit ..
those things are to be destroyed by us while we are here so we can enter and be a part of this perfect family ..

The bible says that 'God created all things for his own pleasure'...Therefore all things exist for pleasure purposes. Now, don't get me wrong, the pleasure the bible refers to is not the worldly pleasure that is defiled with sin...the kind that we see around us everyday that leads to ruins (e.g. bankrupcy, death, disease, sorrow, poverty, regret, e.t.c)...It is the kind of pleasure that nurtures life...it is based on the concept of symbiosis. Happiness, love, and fulfillment come from the symbiosis between yourself and where you cropped up from....i.e. your source.....from the source of all things flowing down all the way to your most adjacent source. The reason why we do what we do everyday, is because we feel a need to experience symbiosis with those we care about, our environment, nature, and our creator. Therefore we socialize, worship, and work as a way of bringing pleasure to ourselves. Which I think is how God intended it to be.

God did not intend it that way .. it is not about self ..
when your goal is self .. you are moving in the wrong direction ..
for instance .. if you are married and you take care of any need your wife has, and she takes care of any need you have .. then all have what they need and perfect pleasure, through perfect love .. so when the wife stops doing for the husband, and he stops doing for her (attending to own pleasure) that is when greed, jealousy, envy, strife, pain, deceit enter ..

If you are going to live forever, then for you to maintain pleasure all the days of your life, tomorrow has to be better than today, otherwise there will be too much monotony....

monotony is a byproduct of seeking self-pleasure ..

Therefore creation's instinct is to flee from this kind of suffering by seeking pleasure..So, when you bring pleasure to yourself you bring pleasure to God.

when you bring pleasure to God, you also bring pleasure to self ..
like the analogy I gave, when your wife pleases you, does it not please both her and you ??? .. likewise when you please your wife, does it not please both her and you ???

Remember God has given us free will to decide how we want to bring pleasure to ourselves in creation...

He has .. but if that is your objective, then your heart is small ..

God said that "you should love the LORD you God with all your mind, all your heart and all your soul". When you love the LORD with all your mind, all your heart and all your soul, then left to yourself in creation, worship will be one of the ways that you will bring pleasure to yourself (because of the immense pleasure you derive when you relate with God).

Amen ..

Therefore, this theory proves true..'that you bring pleasure to God by bringing pleasure to yourself).

no that is EGO seeking to please self .. that is IMPERFECT ..
you bring pleasure to God by loving God ..
the same as it pleases us that God loves us ..

That's why the desires of your heart matter alot. They determine your perception of what brings you pleasure.

I concur .. and if EGO is involved .. you are going in the wrong direction ..

fulfilling the purpose of why we existed...to bring God pleasure!
I believe pleasure is what gives life meaning.

LOVE is what gives life meaning .. Love is life .. God is Love ..
and love of self is EGO .. which was satans downfall ..
whereas selfless love is what brings redemption ..

Psa 149:4 For the LORD takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the afflicted ones with salvation.

and His people take pleasure in their Lord ..

Last edited:
Very good analogy, and understanding..well said. I think in these terms...Our Human life is sort of like this. A man stands on a a railroad platform two trains arrive to pick up passengers. One train in front of him says " Hell" the other train says " Heaven". He sees most people pushing and shoving to get on the "Hell" train...The World and full of Worldly thinking of Carnality and unrighteousness, Ungodliness. I II Corinthians 4 v 4 tells us these people have been blinded by.Satan..They refuse to give up their pleasures of the flesh, learn the truth and get on the other train. Meanwhile the train to Heaven has few people getting aboard compared to the Hell train. And so it goes day after day. Pray for everyone you know Hell bound on Train #1. If The Lord allowed those folks to see just a 3 minute video of what is there in Hell...They would Repent and never get back on that Hell bound train again..

Back