What JESUS Went Through For Us = John 18;22-23, Matthew 27;29, Mark 15;15

What JESUS Went Through For Us = John 18;22-23, Matthew 27;29, Mark 15;15

****Jesus was Smited
:

John 18;22-23

And when He had thus spoken, one of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, Answerest thou the high priest so? Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me?

****Jesus had Crown of Thorns:

Matthew 27;29

And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon His head, and a reed in His right hand: and they bowed the knee before Him, and mocked Him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!

Mark 15;17

And they clothed Him with purple, and platted a crown of thorns, and put it about His head.

John 19;2

And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on His head, and they put on Him a purple robe.

John 19;5

Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!

+++++ Definition of Scourged: To be beaten with a scourge. A scourge is a leather or rope whip embedded with metal spikes, sharp bones and metal balls. These spikes, bones and balls help to tear open the flesh of the prisoner or slave.

**** Jesus was Scourged:

Matthew 27;26

Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified.

Mark 15;15

And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged Him, to be crucified.

John 19;1

Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged Him.

+++++ Definition of Crucifixion: A stripped naked victim is tied or nailed to a wooden beam / cross. They are left to hang and slowly die from exhaustion and asphyxiation.

**** Jesus was Crucified:

Matthew 27;22-23

Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let Him be crucified. And the governor said, Why, what evil hath He done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let Him be crucified.

Matthew 27;35

And they crucified Him, and parted His garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

Mark 15;13-15

And they cried out again, Crucify Him. Then Pilate said unto them, Why, what evil hath He done? And they cried out the more exceedingly, Crucify Him. And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged Him, to be crucified.

Luke 23;23

And they were instant with loud voices, requiring that He might be crucified. And the voices of them and of the chief priests prevailed.

Luke 23;33

And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

John 19;6-7

When the chief priests therefore and officers saw Him, they cried out, saying, Crucify Him, crucify Him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye Him, and crucify Him: for I find no fault in Him. The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law He ought to die, because He made Himself the Son of God.

John 19;16-18

Then delivered he Him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led Him away. And He bearing His cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha: Where they crucified Him, and two others with Him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst.

AMEN

Back