What religion should I choose?

U

Unregistered

What religion should I choose?

I posted this on another forum, but then I was thinking about it and decided a Christian forum would give me a better indication of what religion should be best for me.

I believe in One God (father, son, holy spirit).

I believe he created this world, but his days cannot be quantified by our own comprehension so 7 days could have been millions of years, and if the big bang really did happen he is what put everything in motion for it to happen.

Jesus Christ died for our sins, and baptism forgives original sin and acknowledges that Jesus died for our sins.

I believe in tolerance. I believe we are/should only be judged by God and that through helping others and doing good we show our love for humanity and our desire to follow in Jesus's footsteps.

I don't believe in capital punishment or abortion. I don't believe in an eye for an eye or judging others. (I don't think they should run free maybe make them do jobs nobody else wants or something not just sit in a cell all day). I don't believe in abortion, because I believe it is murder and you are prejudging the baby (if done in the case of rape.)

I believe scientific findings help us prove God's existence, not disprove.

I believe our sins can be forgiven through prayer and doing acts of good. also avoiding sinning again (especially the same sin).

I also believe there is no "right" religion.

Thank you for your help

All religions but one are man made and can be identified by on factor- it is always about man striving to please God in his own ability. These are always about ritual, about changing habits and/or deeds. They are ever reaching trying to make themselves good enough- man will always fall short. Works based religion can never be pleasing to a Holy God.

What sets Christianity apart is this- it is God's love, life, provision and power reaching to man. Christ does not give us a set of rules to live by but instead the very presence of the Living God comes to dwell in our inner man. He changes us from the inside out starting with the heart first. He leads us, guides us, empowers us, delivers us and speaks to us, fellowships with us and pours out His love in indescribable ways. There is life in Him. There is joy in Him. There is peace in Him.
Jesus Christ was God's plan to rescue a lost and dying race called man. Jesus was (and is) a living expression of the Father's love for us and He alone was the sinless, spotless Lamb of God sent to pay our price.
The Word of God declares that Jesus Christ is God's plan, substitute for us and the only acceptable way to Him.
True believers will easily be identified by the fruit they bear- loving, caring, full of life and carrying a Presence that is undeniable they can change the atmosphere of any room simply by entering it.
Having been around and lost in this world as a younger man I can boldly say that there is nothing to compare with Him.
Choose Christ and you choose life.
Choose relgion and you choose hopeless bondage.
I will be praying for you.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Buddha never claimed to be God. Moses never claimed to be Jehovah. Mohammed never claimed to be Allah. Yet Jesus Christ claimed to be the true and living God. Buddha simply said, "I am a teacher in search of the truth." Jesus said, "I am the Truth." Confucius said, "I never claimed to be holy." Jesus said, "Who convicts me of sin?" Mohammed said, "Unless God throws his cloak of mercy over me, I have no hope." Jesus said, "Unless you believe in me, you will die in your sins." -Unknown [/FONT]

Worship That God Approves

Are all religions pleasing to God?

How can we identify the true religion?

Who are God’s true worshipers on earth today?

JEHOVAH GOD deeply cares for us and wants us to benefit from his loving direction. If we worship him in the right way, we will be happy and will avoid many problems in life. We will also have his blessing and his help. (Isaiah 48:17) There are, however, hundreds of religions that claim to teach the truth about God. Yet, they differ greatly in their teachings about who God is and what he expects of us.

2 How can you know the right way to worship Jehovah? You do not have to study and compare the teachings of all the many religions. You need only learn what the Bible really teaches about true worship. To illustrate: In many lands, there is a problem with counterfeit money. If you were given the job of picking out such false money, how would you go about it? By memorizing every kind of counterfeit? No. Your time would be better spent if you studied real money. After you knew what real money looked like, you could recognize a counterfeit. Similarly, when we learn how to identify the true religion, we can recognize those religions that are false.

3 It is important that we worship Jehovah in the way that he approves. Many people believe that all religions are pleasing to God, but the Bible does not teach that. It is not even enough just to claim to be a Christian. Jesus said: “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.” To have God’s approval, therefore, we must learn what God requires of us and do it. Jesus called those who do not do God’s will “workers of lawlessness.” (Matthew 7:21-23) Like counterfeit money, false religion has no real value. Even worse, such religion is actually harmful.

4 Jehovah gives everyone on earth the opportunity to gain everlasting life. To have eternal life in Paradise, however, we must worship God properly and live now in a way that is acceptable to him. Sadly, many refuse to do so. That is why Jesus said: “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.” (Matthew 7:13,*14) True religion leads to everlasting life. False religion leads to destruction. Jehovah does not want any human to be destroyed, and that is why he is giving people everywhere an opportunity to learn about him. (2*Peter 3:9) Really, then, the way we worship God means either life or death for us.

HOW TO IDENTIFY THE TRUE RELIGION

5 How can ‘the road to life’ be found? Jesus said that the true religion would be evident in the lives of the people who practice it. “By their fruits you will recognize them,” he said. “Every good tree produces fine fruit.” (Matthew 7:16,*17) In other words, those who practice the true religion would be recognized by their beliefs and their conduct. Although they are not perfect and they make mistakes, true worshipers as a group seek to do God’s will. Let us consider six features that identify those who practice true religion.

6 God’s servants base their teachings on the Bible. The Bible itself says: “All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man [or woman] of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.” (2*Timothy 3:16,*17) To his fellow Christians, the apostle Paul wrote: “When you received God’s word, which you heard from us, you accepted it, not as the word of men, but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God.” (1*Thessalonians 2:13) Hence, beliefs and practices of the true religion are not based on human views or tradition. They originate in God’s inspired Word, the Bible.

7 Jesus Christ set the proper example by basing his teachings on God’s Word. In prayer to his heavenly Father, he said: “Your word is truth.” (John 17:17) Jesus believed the Word of God, and everything he taught harmonized with the Scriptures. Jesus often said: “It is written.” (Matthew 4:4, 7,*10) Then Jesus would quote a scripture. Similarly, God’s people today do not teach their own ideas. They believe that the Bible is God’s Word, and they base their teachings firmly on what it says.

8 Those who practice the true religion worship only Jehovah and make his name known. Jesus declared: “It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” (Matthew 4:10) Thus, God’s servants worship no one other than Jehovah. This worship includes letting people know what the name of the true God is and what he is like. Psalm 83:18 states: “You, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.” Jesus set the pattern in helping others to get to know God, as he said in prayer: “I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world.” (John 17:6) Similarly, true worshipers today teach others about God’s name, his purposes, and his qualities.

9 God’s people show genuine, unselfish love for one another. Jesus said: “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35) The early Christians had such love for one another. Godly love overcomes racial, social, and national barriers and draws people together in an unbreakable bond of true brotherhood. (Colossians 3:14) Members of false religions do not have such a loving brotherhood. How do we know that? They kill one another because of national or ethnic differences. True Christians do not take up weapons to kill their Christian brothers or anyone else. The Bible states: “The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother. .*.*. We should have love for one another; not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother.”—1*John 3:10-12; 4:20,*21.

10 Of course, genuine love means more than not killing others. True Christians unselfishly use their time, energy, and resources to help and encourage one another. (Hebrews 10:24,*25) They help one another in times of distress, and they deal honestly with others. In fact, they apply in their lives the Bible counsel to “work what is good toward all.”—Galatians 6:10.

11 True Christians accept Jesus Christ as God’s means of salvation. The Bible says: “There is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.” (Acts 4:12) As we saw in Chapter*5, Jesus gave his life as a ransom for obedient humans. (Matthew 20:28) In addition, Jesus is God’s appointed King in the heavenly Kingdom that will rule the entire earth. And God requires that we obey Jesus and apply his teachings if we want everlasting life. That is why the Bible states: “He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life; he that disobeys the Son will not see life.”—John 3:36.

12 True worshipers are no part of the world. When on trial before the Roman ruler Pilate, Jesus said: “My kingdom is no part of this world.” (John 18:36) No matter what country they live in, Jesus’ true followers are subjects of his heavenly Kingdom and thus maintain strict neutrality in the world’s political affairs. They take no part in its conflicts. However, Jehovah’s worshipers do not interfere with what others choose to do about joining a political party, running for office, or voting. And while God’s true worshipers are neutral regarding politics, they are law-abiding. Why? Because God’s Word commands them to “be in subjection” to the governmental “superior authorities.” (Romans 13:1) Where there is a conflict between what God requires and what a political system requires, true worshipers follow the example of the apostles, who said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.”—Acts 5:29; Mark 12:17.

13 Jesus’ true followers preach that God’s Kingdom is mankind’s only hope. Jesus foretold: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14) Instead of encouraging people to look to human rulers to solve their problems, true followers of Jesus Christ proclaim God’s heavenly Kingdom as the only hope for mankind. (Psalm 146:3) Jesus taught us to pray for that perfect government when he said: “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.” (Matthew 6:10) God’s Word foretold that this heavenly Kingdom “will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms [now existing], and it itself will stand to times indefinite.”—Daniel 2:44.

14 On the basis of what we have just considered, ask yourself: ‘What religious group bases all its teachings on the Bible and makes known Jehovah’s name? What group practices godly love, exercises faith in Jesus, is no part of the world, and proclaims that God’s Kingdom is the only real hope for mankind? Of all the religious groups on earth, which one meets all these requirements?’ The facts clearly show that it is Jehovah’s Witnesses.—Isaiah 43:10-12.

WHAT WILL YOU DO?

15 Simply believing in God is not enough to please him. After all, the Bible says that even the demons believe that God exists. (James 2:19) Obviously, though, they do not do God’s will and do not have his approval. To be approved by God, not only must we believe in his existence but we must also do his will. We must also break free from false religion and embrace true worship.

16 The apostle Paul showed that we must not take part in false worship. He wrote: “‘Get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’; ‘and I will take you in.’” (2*Corinthians 6:17; Isaiah 52:11) True Christians therefore avoid anything that is connected with false worship.

17 The Bible shows that all the many forms of false religion are part of “Babylon the Great.” (Revelation 17:5) That name calls to mind the ancient city of Babylon, where false religion started up after the Flood of Noah’s day. Many teachings and practices now common in false religion originated long ago in Babylon. For example, the Babylonians worshiped trinities, or triads, of gods. Today, the central doctrine of many religions is the Trinity. But the Bible clearly teaches that there is only one true God, Jehovah, and that Jesus Christ is his Son. (John 17:3) The Babylonians also believed that humans have an immortal soul that survives the body after death and can suffer in a place of torment. Today, belief in the immortal soul or spirit that can suffer in hellfire is taught by most religions.

18 Since ancient Babylonian worship spread throughout the earth, modern Babylon the Great can properly be identified as the world empire of false religion. And God has foretold that this empire of false religion will come to a sudden end. (Revelation 18:8) Do you see why it is vital that you separate yourself from every part of Babylon the Great? Jehovah God wants you to “get out of her” quickly while there is still time.—Revelation 18:4.

19 As a result of your decision to quit practicing false religion, some may choose to stop associating with you. By serving Jehovah with his people, however, you will gain far more than you could ever lose. Like Jesus’ early disciples who left other things to follow him, you will come to have many spiritual brothers and sisters. You will become part of a large worldwide family of millions of true Christians, who show you genuine love. And you will have the wonderful hope of everlasting life “in the coming system of things.” (Mark 10:28-30) Perhaps in time, those who abandoned you because of your beliefs will look into what the Bible teaches and become worshipers of Jehovah.

20 The Bible teaches that God will soon bring an end to this wicked system of things and will replace it with a righteous new world under the rulership of his Kingdom. (2*Peter 3:9,*13) What a marvelous world that will be! And in that righteous new system, there will be only one religion, one true form of worship. Is it not the course of wisdom for you to take the necessary steps to come into association with true worshipers right now?

I don't think it is necessary to choose a religion, instead, fix your eyes on Christ and live for him. Religion does not save a man, only Jesus can

It's the matter of , do you want a religion or do you want a relationship?

Religion is just that , going through the motions but having a relationship with a true and living God is the most awsome experience and journey of a lifetime.

Where are all the other ones ... Budda is still in his grave , Mohammed is still in his grave, but our God Jesus Christ is not in His grave ... the grave is empty , he is risen and seated on the right hand of the Father God . Can other religions say that ?

We serve a loving and non - judgemental God who hears and answers our prayers 24/7. He lives in us and walks and talks with us . Can other so called " religions " say that .?

I am in a relationship with Jesus Christ who guides my steps every second of the day . I have proved His righteousness and love . I can attest to so many things He has done for me that this page would not hold .

God Chose you .... all you have to do is invite Him into your heart and He will do the rest.

I would like to say something here, I am not knowledgeable in the matters of religion, struth, i find it hard to write and read. For me even reading the bible hurts my head. But one thing i do know, I have spent over 21 years talking to Jesus and searching over 29 years for Him. In my 21 years of talking to Jesus or as i call Him my Master, Jesus always said the same thing over and over to me, "I am the truth, I am the Light of the world, He who searches for Me will find because i myself will go out and meet him." Religion is just mans attempt to better himself for all the right reasons, but in this search man will fall short of the mark. Its only when we turn to Him One on One, this will take every last bit of LOVE and Desire you have, nothing held back. As Jesus told me "When you pass over from this world to the next, do you stand before ME with your Pastor, Preist or Minister by your side speaking on your behalf, NO. You face Me alone and give accout of your deeds, therefore do not look back for there is nothing you can do, but look forward, set your eyes on Me, the day of days are coming were brothers and sisters will live in paradise. Your work is for the now, its here you learn to seek Me, you learn to join your spirit with mine, learn from Me because I am gentle and my lessons are light. But for man his riches will be a thorn in his side, rich in wisdom, knowledge these things will fail him and the fool will be wise and wise will be a fool. There own knowledge will be hot coals heap up around them, they will place themselve in chains of bondage and refuse my own freedom I gave freely."

For me the right choice is Find Jesus in Spirit first, then all will be added to you in Him.

Thats what Jesus told me any ways, so its good for me.

Sorry forgot to add this, Jesus reminded me after I push the button.

Don't think religion, think relationship, it make all the diffenrce

also sorry for my bad spelling words, I told you I can't write lol

without people passing on the word,you would have no truth to be shown.about the 7 days,i have no idea how long a day is to God.big bang was probably a quiet word.humanity on earth is a very short time scale if you research thouroghly.Christ is the way and the life,how you go about following is your choice.most churches do things aggainst scripture,my church is online.:smiley10:

We serve a loving and non - judgemental God

Really???

Genesis 15:14 Genesis 16:5 Genesis 18:25 Genesis 19:9 Genesis 31:37 Genesis 31:53 Genesis 49:16 Exodus 2:14 Exodus 5:21 Exodus 18:13 Exodus 18:16 Exodus 18:22 Leviticus 19:15 Numbers 35:24 Deuteronomy 1:16 Deuteronomy 16:18 Deuteronomy 17:9 Deuteronomy 17:12 Deuteronomy 25:1 Deuteronomy 25:2 Deuteronomy 32:36 Judges 2:18 Judges 11:21 1 Samuel 2:10 1 Samuel 2:25 1 Samuel 3:13 1 Samuel 8:5-6 1 Samuel 8:20 1 Samuel 24:12 1 Samuel 24:15 2 Samuel 15:4 1 Kings 3:9 1 Kings 7:7 1 Kings 8:32 1 Chronicles 16:33 2 Chronicles 1:10 -11 2 Chronicles 6:23 2 Chronicles 19:6 2 Chronicles 20:12 1 Corinthians 1:9 1 John 1:3 Acts 20:7 1 Peter 4:10 1 Corinthians 12:1 1 Peter 5:1-4 Hebrews 10:25 Hebrews 13:17

There are more than 150 additional examples in both the old and new testaments that contradict that statement.

According to my assessment of Gods Word, He does judge us according to our actions, and has repeatedly commanded us to assemble in public gatherings and proclamations of faith. (Church)

To me it doesnt matter what the wording says above the door of churches it matters if they preach the word of God.
GBU Tavy

Sorry forgot to add this, Jesus reminded me after I push the button.

Don't think religion, think relationship, it make all the diffenrce

also sorry for my bad spelling words, I told you I can't write lol
Christianity is not a religion, it is a "personal" relationship with Jesus

It is a heart to heart talk and fellowship with GOD, Like HE sitting right next to you watching a football game and your both commenting on it. It is that kind of relationship...." your best friend"" Absolutely indeed.:smiley20: Religion is more of a ritual ceremony type function.
It is easy to do that but you need to accept HIM first as Lord and savior for this to happen. That is the way it happened with me:smiley10:. I knew God all my life, but, when I finally accepted HIM as Lord and savior, then all the party began in heaven. I finally felt the Holy spirit upon me and I was knocked out by the Holy spirit. Not with a punch but with a kiss on my heart. When I came to I was like a feather because HE took all the weight off of me and then gave me strength in spirit and also Body believe it or not. it is true my friend. SO I say find a good Bible teaching church 1 that does not sugar coat the truth but tells it like it is. O yeah it is the kind that makes you all squirmy and convicted on the inside....pastor is telling you the truth. If ya don't feel like that and ya feel all warm and fuzzy and comfortable ....it probably is not the right place to hear the good word of GOD. HMMMMMMM because once your convicted you take action to reconcile with God. If ya feel warm and fuzzy you aint gonna do a thing.So I pray for you my friend that you will find a good Bible teaching truth telling church with a crazy hot for Jesus Pastor. God Bless you my friend

Chili out:smiley10::smiley120:

To me it doesnt matter what the wording says above the door of churches it matters if they preach the word of God.
GBU Tavy

I like this 1 too. Yup it don't matter what it says on the door. What matters is what the Pastor it preaching:smiley20:

Good post Tavy:smiley10:

Chili out

I'm a Christian first, but I chose my Southern Baptist Church because the pastors teach the closest what I believe the Bible teaches...

It's very important to me that 'salvation is grace alone',and that my pastor believes in the Pre Tribulation.

It's a Bible believing church that teaches the Word...

God said for us not to forsake ourselves from assemblying together...

Christ died for the Church...

Organized religion is basically our man made way to try to appease a Righteous and Holy God through sets of rights, rituals and adhering to a list of do's and don't's.

The fact is, organized religion does not gain favour with God. Personal faith in Jesus Christ. So, to answer your question, don't choose a religion, simply choose Christ and His provision made for you at Calvary.

God bless !

Jesus die for everyone there is no need to choose a religion.... love Jane

True, Jesus DID die for everyone, but that doesn't mean that everyone is going to Heaven. A choice must be made.

The important thing is that you know what you believe and that you believe the right things. For one, if you're counting on your baptism or your good works to get you into Heaven, you're in for a sad awakening. Jesus said, "I am THE Way, THE Truth, and THE Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." He is the only way to Heaven. Only by trusting in His shed blood will you be safe from the eternal torment of Hell. Nothing else can save you. . . not even the label "Christian."

Once you have decided what you believe, it is best to find a group of people that believe the same way and worship with them. As others have mentioned, the Bible tells us to not forsake the assembling of ourselves together. Church is a time for edification and encouragement. It is not to be neglected.

But, first things first. Study your Bible and find out what you truly believe. From there, follow God's Word and everything will fall into place.

Back